Patent application title: Testosterone generating and metabolizing enhancer

You will like this article…

LINK: faqs.org/patents/app/20080261896

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

Problems to be Solved

[0009]Basing on the aforesaid studies, the inventor of the invention had carried out relevant tests, in which rats were fed phenylethanoid glycosides and extracts from herbs of the Cistanche family comprising phenylethanoid glycosides, and the resulted showed that testosterone concentration in the seminal vesicles of the rats was increased. In addition, it was found that after feeding mice the aforesaid substances, testosterone concentration in the bloodstream of the mice was also increased, which indicated that phenylethanoid glycosides and extracts from herbs of the Cistanche family comprising phenylethanoid glycosides may promote the gene expression of turning cholesterol into the enzymes of testosterone, as well as promoting the gene expression of synthesizing 5α-reductase (which allows testosterone to be metabolized into dihydrotestosterone); the results formed the basis for the present invention. In other words, a major objective of the invention is to propose a testosterone generating enhancer, which may enhance the gene expression of testosterone generation, and consequently increase testosterone concentration in the seminal vesicle and the bloodstream. Additionally, another objective of the invention is to propose a testosterone metabolizing enhancer, which may enhance the gene expression of 5α-reductase (which allows testosterone to be metabolized into dihydrotestosterone), thereby promoting the metabolism of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.
Means for Solving the Problems

[0010]In order to solve the aforesaid problems, the invention proposes:

0011 A testosterone generating enhancer comprising phenylethanoid glycosides as effective components. 0012 The testosterone generating enhancer of (1), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the testosterone generating enhancer comprise at least one of echinacoside and acteoside. 0013 The testosterone generating enhancer of (2), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the testosterone generating enhancer comprise both echinacoside and acteoside. 0014 A testosterone generating enhancer comprising extracts from plants of the Cistanche family as effective components. 0015 The testosterone generating enhancer of (4), characterized in that said extracts comprise phenylethanoid glycosides as effective components. 0016 The testosterone generating enhancer of (5), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the extracts comprise at least one of echinacoside and acteoside. 0017 The testosterone generating enhancer of (6), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the extracts comprise both echinacoside and acteoside. 0018 A testosterone metabolizing enhancer comprising phenylethanoid glycosides as effective components. 0019 The testosterone metabolizing enhancer of (8), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the testosterone metabolizing enhancer comprise at least one of echinacoside and acteoside. 0020 The testosterone metabolizing enhancer of (9), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the testosterone metabolizing enhancer comprise both echinacoside and acteoside. 0021 A testosterone metabolizing enhancer comprising extracts from plants of the Cistanche family as effective components. 0022 The testosterone metabolizing enhancer of (11), characterized in that said extracts comprise phenylethanoid glycosides as effective components. 0023 The testosterone metabolizing enhancer of (12), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the extracts comprise at least one of echinacoside and acteoside. 0024 The testosterone metabolizing enhancer of (13), characterized in that said phenylethanoid glycosides of the extracts comprise both echinacoside and acteoside. 0025 A medicine applicable to mammals including humans, and the medicine may comprise any of the testosterone generating enhancers described in (1) to (7), or any of the testosterone metabolizing enhancers described in (8) to (14) as effective components. 0026 A substance for external uses on skin applicable to mammals including humans, and the substance for external uses on skin may comprise any of the testosterone generating enhancers described in (1) to (7), or any of the testosterone metabolizing enhancers described in (8) to (14) as effective components. 0027 A food or beverage, and the food or beverage may comprise any of the testosterone generating enhancers described in (1) to (7), or any of the testosterone metabolizing enhancers described in (8) to (14) as effective components. 0028 An animal feed for mammals, which may comprise any of the testosterone generating enhancers described in (1) to (7), or any of the testosterone metabolizing enhancers described in (8) to (14) as effective components.

Read more: faqs.org/patents/app/2008026 … z0qnkoTsjP

1 Like

Place to buy Cistanche Extract

barlowesherbalelixirs.com/catalog73.html

Nice find, i also came across this on pubmed.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19938221

The hypocholesterolemic effects of Cistanche tubulosa extract, a Chinese traditional crude medicine, in mice.

The roots of Cistanche (C.) tubulosa (Orobanchaceae), a parasitic plant that grows in the Taklamakan desert, are traditionally used as medicines and foods in China. We prepared aqueous ethanol extract (CTE) from the roots of C. tubulosa and its hypocholesterolemic effect was evaluated. Using gene chip and RT-PCR analysis of the livers of mice given CTE (400 mg/kg) for 14 days, we found mRNA expression of molecules related to cholesterol transport [apolipoprotein B and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor] and metabolism [cytochrome P450 side chain cleave (SCC) and steroid 5alpha-reductase 2] were up-regulated.

2 Likes

YEP :slight_smile:

there are some other random studies on the internet about it modulating nerve growth as well.

its also in passion RX by ray shelian.

Awesome find. I ordered some today.

I’ve never tried it, but everyone raves about passion Rx. Maybe this has something to do with it?

For those of you who try it, please keep us posted. I would buy it but my medicine cabinet is literally overflowing at this point. I’m curious to see how it works.

lol you should see my cabinet…i have crap load of vitmain b, c, d, and e supplements along with fish oil and other stuff…

I’m going to add this to my collection…

1 Like

I just order some on Ebay. Cheap price too…15.99 for 500 MG capsule(60 of them I believe).

Ill let you know how this supplement works…hopefully i will have success with it and it raises 5 AR II activity…

Best of Luck

Good luck.

here is a source for Europeans:

super-smart.eu/en–Cistanche … ucts–0528

Ingredients in Passion Rx…didn’t see Cistanche mentioned…maybe I’m missing something?

raysahelian.com/passion.html

From this page:

physicianformulas.com/store/ … Passion-Rx

Interesting. Dr. Sahelian’s web site states that he reformulates Passion Rx it each year to make it more effective:

raysahelian.com/irwinnaturals.html

One of the two web sites is out of date. I’m guessing the Physician Formulas is more current. They have Passion Rx sample available (8 pills) that you pay 5.50 shipping only (sample is free). I figured for 5 bucks what the heck and ordered one.
physicianformulas.com/store … roduct=140

If it was me i’d order just the straight Cistanche Extract rather than Passion Rx. The reason being that (1) you’ll be using something with a large number of ingredients and would be very difficult to be able to tell if the Cistanche is working or something else and (2) They don’t tell you about how much of each extract is in each capsule and at what strength. My feeling is that this is most likely because they don’t want people to know that they only put in a tiny amount of each ingredient.

In the study posted above which showed Cistanche extract upregulated 5ar2 gene expression in mice, they were giving the mice 400mg/Kg for 14 days. If you equate that to a 100kg (220 pound) human that’s 40 grams per day. Over 14 days thats 560 grams (1.23 pounds). I’d be surprised if a whole bottle of passion RX has more than a single gram of Cistanche extract.

If all you’re after is a herbal aphrodisiac then Passion Rx is probably fine, but if you’re buying it for the Cistanche extract i don’t think it’s worth it.

2 Likes

annon1 this is quite a find. Barlowe’s horny goat weed does the trick for ED.

Couple of points in the attached link,

1.) The plant source of Cistanche extract is endangered.

2.) It would appear that Cistanche itself contains many of the glycosides claimed in the application.

itmonline.org/arts/cistanche.htm

Anyone from Oregon want to track down the author of that article and talk to him? If we could somehow identify the portion of Cistanche that acts as a 5AR2 upregulator that would be even more interesting.

kazman

you must of my read my mind…I bought his cistanche extract on ebay for 15.95(Barlowes Herbal Elixirs) I just received them and have been taking 4 pills a day since yesterday(2 grams per day).

He also sent me some horny goat weed samples…I will try them when I need to:)

I also recived my along with the horny goat weed. I have been taking only two a day for the last four days. So far so good. I wonder just how much it influences neurotransmitters. I feel more of a mental benefit so far.

So, any success? It seems quite expensive and not available on iherb where I usually order my herbs, so would be nice to have some feedback before making investments.

These herbs are helpful…

Cistanche Extract
Ecklonia Extract
Horny Goat Weed(40% L-DOPA)

It’s not a cure though…