Oxytocin

Guys,
Other than Oxytocin do we know of anything that is meant to directly increase 5AR activity? I have taken Oxytocin in the past, and it had no discernible effect, but wouldn’t this seem the most obvious approach, unless of course the fall out we’ve experienced is no longer directly related to the blocking of 5AR?
What a sticky wicket, this problem is!

WAIT A minute
what is thing thing your talking about can it help us

He’s right,

Oxytocin increases 5alpha-reductase activity of human prostate epithelial cells, but not stromal cells.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18008328

Regulation of 5alpha-reductase isoforms by oxytocin in the rat ventral prostate.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15358676

This could be an interesting lead, wdderbell2 can you give more detail on when you took oxycotin? i.e. dosage and for how long?

It appears to be some sort of feel good drug.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

Potential adverse reactions
Oxytocin is relatively safe when used at recommended doses. Potential side effects include:[citation needed]
Central nervous system: Subarachnoid hemorrhage, seizures.
Cardiovascular: Increased heart rate, decreased blood pressure, systemic venous return, cardiac output, and arrhythmias.
Genitourinary: Impaired uterine blood flow, pelvic hematoma, tetanic uterine contractions, uterine rupture, postpartum hemorrhage.
Fetal distress: Overstimulated uterus, too frequent contractions, resulting in reduced ability of placenta/fetus to re-oxygenate and process waste products. This increases chances of Caesarean section.

hey guys, sorry for late reply.
Dr, Shippen gave me the oxytocin, suppossed to elevate affection romantic feeling etc. I don’t know a thing about somal cells, etc., will read up. It had no discernible effect for me, I thought it was promising due to effect with 5ar, and wanted to know more about it’s specific action. Dosage was printed as10 u, whatever that means, and I took up to four pills (40 u) at a time (Shippen recomended to take prior to sex)…like I said though, really wanted to feel improvement but did not.

Are you supposed to take it every day or only before sex? Did you ask Dr. Shippen if he had prescribed this before to fin patients and did they show improvement?

1 Like

shippen told me to take it daily, but also said to double the dosage before sex. I really don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up unduly. As I said there was no discernible effect with this medication…except for one incident while on oxytocin and HCG where I felt unexpectadly and fully aroused by a girl in a deli standing close to me on line, it was a momentary return that was short lived, and so don’t really want to attribute it to anything unduly. However, the stuff is by reputation (and compared to some of the other routes we’ve taken) pretty harmless. Girls produce it post coitus, and is evidently why they want to cuddle after sex.

Actions within the brain
Oxytocin secreted from the pituitary gland cannot re-enter the brain because of the blood-brain barrier. Instead, the behavioral effects of oxytocin are thought to reflect release from centrally projecting oxytocin neurons, different from those that project to the pituitary gland, or which are collaterals from them.[17] Oxytocin receptors are expressed by neurons in many parts of the brain and spinal cord, including the amygdala, ventromedial hypothalamus, septum, nucleus accumbens and brainstem.

Sexual arousal. Oxytocin injected into the cerebrospinal fluid causes spontaneous erections in rats,[18] reflecting actions in the hypothalamus and spinal cord. Centrally administrated oxytocin receptor antagonists can prevent non contact erections, which is a measure of sexual arousal. Studies using oxytocin antagonists in female rats provide data that oxytocin increases lordosis, indicating an increase in sexual receptivity.[11]

Oxytocin appears to play a key role in the control of erectile function. Oxytocin binding sites are present in the sacral parasympathetic nucleus and the dorsal grey commissure of the L6-S1 spinal cord, and activation of these receptors is able to cause penile erection. Central, and in particular hippothalmic, hippocampal and/or paraventricular, administration of oxytocin induces erection in the rat. Likewise stimulating oxytocinergic neurons originating in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus and projecting to extrahypothalamic brain areas control penile erection. Activation of these neurons by dopamine and dopamine agonists, excitatory amino acids or oxytocin itself, or by electrical stimulation leads to penile erection, while their inhibition by GABA and GABA agonists or by opioid peptides and opiate-like drugs inhibits this sexual response. Oxytocin mediates the erectile response to physiological stimuli (ie receptive females) and maintains penile erection in response to penile stimulation, which activates oxytocin-containing neurons in the paraventricular nucleus.

LINK: bioportfolio.com/LeadDiscove … 20302.html

Oxytocin plasma levels in the systemic and cavernous blood of healthy males during different penile conditions.
Uckert S, Becker AJ, Ness BO, Stief CG, Scheller F, Knapp WH, Jonas U.

Department of Urology, Hannover Medical School, Carl-Neuberg Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany. sue_de_99@yahoo.de

Abstract
It is well established that transmitters of the nonadrenergic-noncholinergic (NANC) system are involved in the control of sexual arousal and penile erection in healthy males. The proerectile activity of dopamine D1/D2 receptor agonist apomorphine-HCl (IXENSE, UPRIMA) involves oxytocinergic pathways descending from the hypothalamus to the brain stem and spinal autonomic centers. Although it has been demonstrated that injection of oxytocin into the paraventricular nucleus and the hippocampus produces penile erection in rats, the significance of the peptide in the control of sexual arousal and penile erection in man has been, up until now, only poorly evaluated. The present study was undertaken to determine whether oxytocin (OT) plasma levels alter in the systemic and cavernous blood of healthy males under different penile conditions (flaccidity, tumescence, rigidity, detumescence). Twenty-five healthy adult males were exposed to visual and tactile erotic stimuli in order to elicit penile tumescence and rigid erection. Blood was taken from the corpus cavernosum (CC) and the cubital vein (CV) during penile flaccidity, tumescence, rigidity and detumescence. Following extraction from plasma aliqouts, oxytocin was measured by means of a radioimmunoassay. An increase was observed in the mean OT plasma levels in the systemic and cavernous blood when the flaccid penis became tumescent (CC: from 66.7+/-34 to 75+/-44 pg/ml; CV: from 71+/-41 to 79+/-49.5 pg/ml). From tumescence to rigidity, OT further rose in the cavernous blood (to 81+/-58 pg/ml), whereas it remained unaltered in the systemic circulation. During detumescence, oxytocin plasma levels dropped in the cavernous but again increased in the systemic blood (to 94+/-49 pg/ml). Our results support the hypothesis of a pivotal role of OT in the mechanism of male sexual arousal and penile erection and provide a rationale for the use of apomorphine in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
LINK: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12811490

Per the wikipedia page:

I found a herb Blue Cohosh available at any herb shop which i think raises oxytocin levels or acts lik oxytocin

also red raspberry leaf. I am not sure about this maybe they just have an oxytocic effect.

Also found on drugs.com that blue cohosh can be toxic in humans and fetusus. I could find any other information on use in men.

Found an interesting article on oxytocin which talks about 5 alpha reductase. Also most of us have watery semen and delayed ejeculation.

Source: “http://www.oxytocin.org/oxy/male-reproduction.html

Has anyone injected this? According to this quote it is no suprise the man taking the tablets felt nothing.

I wonder if shippen would inject this since hes already shown he will prescribe to fin patients.

I tried the nasal spray and sublingual tablets; didn’t feel any difference…

How about injecting this along with testosterone and an anti e. Can one of these doctors try it instead of just doing the same old stuff that is proven not to work.

Guys has anyone actually injected Oxytocin yet to see if it gives us any positive results?

I just noticed that it is available from the same place which i was buying my melanotan II from, and think i’d really like to try this out. melanotanus.com/oxytocin-christmas-blowout/oxytocin-blow-out.
I would like to get some especially while they appear to be on sale, so would any recommend this?
Im obviously going to do some research on dosages, but in the meantime if anyone already has some knowledge on what dosages are recommended etc it would be appreciated.

On a side note I just injected my first shot of melanotan II since quitting it in June and propecia in august, so hope i will see some of the increased libido i saw when i first used it back in Feb, before i had any propecia side effects.

I have been wanting to try this too. I am wondering if you can inject sub q or if it has to be intramuscularly.

The sooner i can get some info on it the sooner i can try it. I just ordered some with my order of melanotan, so should get it in the next week or so.

But yeh i just did a brief search on the net earlier and most info related to the nasal administration. And any injection of it was in relation to use it on pregnant women.

I couldnt find info about dosage etc for the feel good, sexual effects

Has anyone actually been tested for oxytocin?
I dont think Oxytocin is what we need. In fact I think oxytocin might be a culprit.

*Estrogen stimulates oxytocin gene expression
*Oxytocin release is inhibited by 5AR neurosteroids (through agonist action on GABA receptor)
*Finasteride increases brain oxytocin by reducing 5AR neurosteroids
*Many other effects such as inhibiting formation of new memories (although it helps form social memories) and increased emotional sensitivity

Above [*] statements are taken from this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Advances-Vasopressin-Oxytocin-Behaviour-Progress/dp/0444532013/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295395113&sr=1-1

Oxytocin also works synergistically with GnRH to increase pituitary production of LH and FSH.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7798016

Making it a GnRH agonist. A GnRH agonist can cause the pituitary to exhaust its supply of LH and FSH eventually reducing circulation.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-gnrh-agonist.htm

No where have I found sexual dysfunction as a side effect of Oxytocin but we introduced continuous unregulated Oxytocin release, as fast as it could be produced, versus a one time hit once or twice a day.

This is conjecture but the next logical step to me:
A fin induced increase in Oxytocin may be good at first. But without the calming influence of neurosteroids neurons excited by Oxytocin will be at increased risk of death by excitotoxicity. Depending on how intense the Oxytocin release is, more intense during sexual arousal obviously, the rate of cell death in the arousal pathway might be rapid. Other cells nearby lucky enough not to be excited directly could be killed by proximity. In other words, Oxytocin increase and lack of neurosteroids, both caused by fin, and resulting destruction of Oxytocin pathway would be the cause of sexual problems. Not to mention, eventual pituitary fatigue which would only be exacerbated by supplementing Oxytocin.

On a slightly more positive note, has anyone tried or know anything about this drug?

(Mew link)
http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1359&hilit=oxytocin

http://www.google.com/search?q=apomorphine&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7

Also, low blood levels of Oxytocin is not an indicator of brain Oxytocin levels and Oxytocin rarely crosses the BB barrier. Low LH could mean low serum Oxytocin:
http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/130/2/671

1 Like

It takes so long to get a doctor in the US to consider writing a new script for our problem. Since this med is designed to help woman who are in labor deliver their baby easier, I don’t think it would be very easy to find a doctor willing to script it to us.

This is exactly why it seems that JN has made more progress than anyone with severe symptoms. He has access to try something quickly and if it doesn’t work, move on to something else. With me, it might take a couple of months to get in to see the doctor, run a new blood test and convince him to let me try something.

If we find something that that works very well to remedy our problems, I’ll bet it comes from a country with a more liberal medical system.