Oxytocin

MDMA (ecstasy) may increase feelings of love, empathy and connection to others by stimulating oxytocin activity via activation of serotonin 5-HT1A receptors, if initial studies in animals apply to humans.[46] The anxiolytic Buspar (buspirone) also appears to produce some or all of its effect via 5-HT1A receptor-induced oxytocin stimulation.[47][48]

From wiki

There does not seem to be many risks associated with nasal spray usage. Although it may not cross the blood brain barrier it might be useful to rule its actions on the prostate out. I’m not sure oxytocin has a big role in our problem but must be ruled out. I still can have strong feelings of love for people.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9918223

Thyroid hormones and estrogen affect oxytocin gene expression in hypothalamic neurons.

The oxytocin (OT) gene promoter has a composite hormone response element, such that several members of the steroid/thyroid hormone superfamily of nuclear receptors can interact at this response element in vitro. To investigate this in brain tissue, parallel to foregoing behavioural experiments, we used in situ hybridization histochemistry to seek interactions between estrogen and thyroid hormones on OT mRNA in the hypothalamus. In ovariectomized (OVX) rats, high doses of triiodothyronine (T3) elevated OT mRNA levels in the paraventricular (PVN) nucleus, while treatment with estradiol benzoate (EB) alone had no significant effect. In contrast, animals that were thyroidectomized (TX) in addition to OVX had dramatically elevated levels of OT gene expression in the PVN following EB treatment. That is, endogenous thyroid hormones interfered with EB-induction of gene expression. Moreover, in both OVX and TX/OVX animals, OT gene expression was reduced to values equivalent to controls when T3 was given together with EB. Particular subdivisions of the PVN responded differentially to T3 and EB treatment, demonstrating marked heterogeneity of OT-containing neurons in this nucleus. Thus, parallel to and perhaps related to the manner in which thyroid hormones reduced estrogen-stimulated behaviour, endogenous or exogenous thyroid hormones interfered with estrogen stimulation of OT mRNA. These data demonstrate competition between nuclear proteins, transcription factors, in hypothalamic neurons.

I have started on oxytocin. I have a doctor who says he knows other doctors who have cured PFS with oxytocin. I’ll keep you all updated on how I do on it. So far it’s too soon to tell if it helps or not

1 Like

How are you taking it?

It’s in pill form but it’s a special timed release pill I had custom compounded

Any chance you got their names?

ya names and, when you say cured? like 100% back to normal? normal feeling flaccid penis? normal erections? sleep? etc?

Nice work joetz definitely keep us up to date. How long ago did u start?

Kinda sus whenever i hear about these drs who’ve apparently cured ppl with pfs… seems u always hear about them and these guys they cured… but thats all you ever hear… just stories. Anyway gotta keep the fingers crossed

Honestly guys after suffering for so many years and seeing so many doctors who think they can figure this out, I take most of these claims with a grain of salt. All the so-called “experts” have been completely confounded by this condition. It never even occurred to me to ask the name of this doctor who claims to have cured people because I assumed it was probably BS

I figured I would give the oxytocin a try and see how I do on it and if it works for me, then it would be worth investigating further and having others try it. So far, nothing yet. When I was at the mall I think I could feel something inside, like a moment where the lights were flickering, but for the most part nothing so far. I’ll stay with it a while longer and let you guys know if anything changes.

Oxytocin increases the expression of 5 alpha reductase (I believe the type 2 variant but can’t quite seem to find the reference I have that indicates this).
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18008328

Oxytocin is destroyed in the stomach, so the only known routes are sublingual, and enteric (pill that doesn’t dissolve until it reaches the intestines). There is also a nasal spray on the market but have not heard of people having luck with it. Sublingual oxytocin must be kept chilled prior to use or it rapidly loses its potency. There are at least two compounding pharmacies in the eastern U.S. that make sublingual oxytocin, and one in the midwest that makes an enteric form.

1 Like

Wow, great info. I wonder if I have the sublingual oxytocin because I had it custom compounded and mailed from CO. Know the name of the pharmacy by any chance?

EDIT: I just found out that mine is indeed the Bio-Available Lymphatic Absorption system, so it won’t be destroyed in the stomach!

I don’t know how frequently I should update. I am on day two of the Bio-Available Lymphatic Absorption system. SO far nothing to report, just a small bump in the morning of maybe 5% and then I’m flat the rest of the day. Another weird side effect was that I had serious serious bloating/gas/diarrhea the first morning. Now I’m feeling good though and the digestive issues are completely gone

I told my doc about how it’s not doing anything and he wants me to stay with it and call him on monday. He suggested maybe upping the dose until I feel something, but how high can I reasonably go? I guess I’ll find out?

Big difference today the first half of my morning and better than normal in the evening. On monday i am talking to my doctor and seeing if it’s ok to up the dosage a little bit.

I really wish I could get my hands on the nasal spray. I think that the solution for a lot of the ED I’ve experienced has to do with arousal in the brain and not simply penis blood flow. There have been reports that this also helps with anorgasmia.

This thread is quite old, but did anyone continue trying oxytocin?

I started to inject it, I’m curious …

1 Like

news?

1 Like

I just realized I left this thread hanging years ago without a proper conclusion. I had to quit this thing. Basically like everything else: some small bump in the beginning then the body builds tolerance and it doesn’t work. In this case the gas, bloating and diarrhea was so bad I couldn’t really continue.

1 Like