Organic Baking Soda Helps!

it can impair acid base levels… hmmm so we have low zinc? Lets just take zinc and we should be better WRONG! Maybe we don’t absorp it… that is why the guy who took 80mg got cured after 3 months (he got worse before he got cured btw)

Low stomach acid can cause zinc deficiency, and zinc deficiency can cause low stomach acid… Its a real complex issue I believe…I am not saying it is zinc but I am using that as an example…

Something as simple as zinc can cause RESISTANCE TO SEX HORMONES… I found on another forum a guy claimed that Iron is what makes DHT sensitive. and so on…etc.

I for one do not need a scientist or doctor to tell me everything is fine, when I can tell that my PROSTATE and Testicles are TURNED OFF. They are simply not working.

1 Like

im sorry, maybe I dont belong on this forum, since I did not take Finasteride (accutane,ssri either)… It’s just I share most of the sexual sides accept for then shrinking of the penis…

Epigenetic modifications.

Make sure it’s food grade. The regular stuff has aluminum in it !

2 Likes

Has anyone else had success with baking soda ?

I’ve been trying 1/4 teaspoons of this for a couple of weeks along with Phosphatidylserine to lower cortisol and my sleep quality - don’t know if it will last - has probably gone from about 50% to 75%. Notably less wakeups and longer sleep time. I hope it lasts but don’t know if it will.

I couldn’t find much on Baking Soda to suggest it’s not a placebo (!) but did see this

‘Despite longer exercise duration in alkalosis, plasma norepinephrine and epinephrine concentrations at exhaustion were reduced by 30 and 34%, respectively.’

Should be read in conjunction with thread I just started

Been talking baking soda for 10 years, 3-5 times a day for acid stomach burn … never helped

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that

Why have you been taking so much for so long? If it never helped

Never helped for pfs.
But helped for my stomach issues
Sorry i was not clear

I take it everyday, sometimes 2-3-5 times a day. And its supposed to be a cure for some ? Ok maybe I don’t have FPS then. it’s something else. a joke or I don’t know.

2 Likes

Just a very quick comment, a guy in a prostatitis forum said that he cured all his symptoms (very similar to us, ED, numb orgasms, low libido, prostate problems etc.) with baking soda after 10 years of suffering and trying almost anything existed with Dr.'s. Im currently taking this too. Two teaspoons a day with hot water.

A guy also treated his phase 3 prostate cancer with baking soda, it was on the news back then…

3 Likes

I have been trying this for around 3 days now, half a teaspoon or so once a day (among the usual stuff that I am doing, ie. Tribulus, sorghum, vitamin D + K, red light therapy…)

Not sure if this alone, or in combo with the other stuff, but about yesterday I have regained an entire level of mental function that I haven’t seen (or thought I’d ever see again) since the first crash in 2016. I haven’t been this sharp / aware for ages. Am absolutely positive some of my neurosteroids have come back - I can do simple tasks while abstractly thinking about something else, and catch myself feeling like “Hey, I am present. I can think clearly”. Lying down in bed late at night next to an incadescent light and feeling reasonably normal thought processes and calmness, just like when I used to drop huge doses of pregnenolone years ago, that almost blissful feeling in your CNS. This is all kinds of wonderful, I almost want to cry.

I will keep on going and pray that this is not just a temporary thing and that I can somehow get back to 100%.

7 Likes

Great news, let us know how it goes! Please see my thread replies on Phosphatidylserine too, that may help

Any updates?

I like to chime into these threads from time to time. I will say that I gained improved mental clarity from baking soda. Clearer thought processes, faster thought processes, word-finding abilities. It is not a magic potion but is already well established as a sports “hack”. It is used by athletes for performance gains. There are various studies you can look up. Be careful with it, because you don’t want to lose the effect by overdoing it over time. It did not particularly do much for libido. But you may find that you can hold down your job, feel somewhat human again, and you can spend time with your family and friends, do some exercise, and try to focus on the future.
In short, it prevents your life from becoming completely dominated by this stupid fucking condition we have.

1 Like

Thought I’d chime in and share my initial thoughts on Baking Soda. I’ve taken ~1/4 levelled teaspoon around 4pm today and about 30 mins later I noticed dramatic improvement in my mood and energy levels. I know for certain this isn’t placebo because I’ve been carefully monitoring my mood during various experiments. This positive effect might be tied to its anti-inflammatory effect. Those who have been checking my posts will know that I’m a firm believer in immune system being a major contributor to this whole PFS thing. I think my lactic acid levels are high.

My working hypothesis is that dysfunctional immune system releases pro-Inflammatory cytokines and causes haywire to endocrine system and neuroinflammation. Cortisol is secreted from adrenals as a response to inflammation. This may also explain why I felt better on Corticosteroids in the past (immune system suppression). I think anything that promotes Tregs (cells that calm down immune system) will result in positive effects for those with immune system disorders. I was able to obtain similar results with certain anti-inflammatory probiotic strains in the past.

I think 1-2g/d of baking soda works great as a temporary treatment until root cause is resolved.

3 Likes

I would be interested in the probiotic strains, if you have the specific identities.

Is supplementing with baking soda in any form harmful to the body?
How long have you been taking it for?

I’ve benefited from these:

E. Coli Nissle 1917 (Mutaflor)
Bifidobacterium infantis
Bifido lactis
Bifido bifidum
Bifido longum
Symbioflor 2 (contains 6 commensal E. Coli strains)
Clostridium butyricum (Miyarisan)
Lactobacillus reuteri dsm 17938

I should mention they initially gave me herx reactions (die off).

This is my second time trying baking soda. I’ve been reading about its effect to reducing lactic acid and to help lower inflammation. I’m only taking ~1g (~1/4 levelled teaspoon) and some of the reported side effects include:

Tiredness; Sleepiness; Urine Changing Color (darkening); potassium deficiency; bad digestion when taken close to meals time (lower stomach acidity). I take it either 1 hour before meal or 2 hours after meal.

The above issues mostly occur when its taken in high doses. I’ll update my findings after 2 weeks.