Old & Recovered Members

Fala amigo! Tem gente aí de São Paulo lutando contra PFS? seria bom ter um contato pra trocar ideias!

This is exactly what I wanted to say. Discipline equals freedom.
I just thought I sign up to share my story and while I see some people inspired I also see people who seem to not wanna hear it… I think I m done with this forum. To all of you I wish you the best. I am sure you can all win this battle.
Discipline and perseverance are a must

2 Likes

@Surfer it is not that we don’t want to hear it, it’s that this forum has a long and murky history with some members claiming cures based off similar methods you’ve mentioned, while for others they don’t get better or get worse. I understand you have conviction in your protocol, which is fine, but prescribing it broadly as a one size fits all cure is not productive in my view.

My problem with these kind of protocols, and subsequent statements that they can cure everyone:

1. There is still no understanding of the basic biological mechanism behind our condition. How can anyone know what will cure something that we are yet to even understand?
  2. It distracts from bigger community projects, particularly those with scientific goals, and particularly for newer members who are less stable and desperate for answers.
  3. If the same energy and application people applied to chasing cures was spent on more productive pursuits, such as supporting admin projects with logical goals, raising media awareness, reporting symptoms to medical regulators, community fundraising, or countless other activities, we’d likely be much further ahead in understanding this condition and how to get everyone out of it, not just those who respond to these kind of protocols.

I’m happy that you’re feeling better, but please, understand these methods have not helped everyone.

2 Likes

Congratulations surfer, I’m glad the work and time worked for you, go enjoy your health!

1 Like

Same

Wait, what was your symptoms did it all go away with keto diet only? Penis shrinkage, low semen volume etc.?

My guess is, its because nobody actually tries this keto diet for at least a year. Why? Myself included, lazy or unhopeful? I don’t know. I talked with Junkiasteride before he gets this bad, i recommended him Keto diet before trying hard stuff, he said he will do it. And now, i see his post that he used meth and all other things to cure himself and maybe he is dead… jesus. I mean, how many of us really tried this and be patient? Are you tried this diet Greek for at least 6 months? Im just curious. And if not, why you didn’t try it already? Don’t you want to recover?

I could easily give my left hand to cure my body, but even i, only did this diet for a month. I should have tried this at least for a year and im willing to try that before trying hard stuff. Im done with living like this, i sleep 10 hours and wake up tired, something is not right in me. My guess is i kept getting slowly worse, very rare seen in pfs and pas patients, i didn’t have hourglass flaccid for first couple years. I think it is all connected to prostate damage due to lack of hormones, if prostate recovery is possible i can get back my semen volume and healthy penis back. I wish all of us to see that day.

2 Likes

check out black maca

Well, this opens the door to a conversation, doesn’t it?

If a guy shows up and says he’s never posted but he’s recovered and did it by a method which is implausible, should we all immediately jump on it? Every time?

My position remains that I don’t think this will work for everyone and I think I’m one of those people. I don’t have to justify my actions to you about what I choose to do with my body. Just as you don’t have to justify anything you choose to do. I will of course say something if I feel that something may be harmful or unlikely to be successful, as I have done here.

Note that I’ve done that without personal attack on anyone, it’s not in my interest to attack anyone. If you look back on my posts here, you’ll find that my intention was merely to ensure that people are aware that this categorically is not a cure for all, but I congratulated the poster on their recovery.

For those people who are most in need of support, those with the worst of this condition, being told that they’re being negative or that they need to try harder is not appropriate.

Ultimately, make your decisions based on what you think is best for you, but telling people that they should do the same based on your theories is not ok. Beware that there aren’t huge numbers of people who have recovered who are saying it’s the gym, or diet or Keto and now Black Maca.

If you decide to go for it @cooper, good luck. I hope it works out for you. I imagine as one of the mildest cases of PFS you’ve got a good chance of recovering naturally anyway.

5 Likes

Its alway nice to read about recovered members surfer. did you do any fasting? And about food did you do any probiotics or fermented vegetables? Anything to adress the gut specifically?

I’ve been basically doing what you’re suggesting for a year and half+ and I’m more than 90% recovered.

No carbs (or less than 20 gr a day) butter oil (ghee), weight lifting, a form of paleo diet (only meat and fat), cold shower etc…

I had a lot of neurological and physical symptoms as well as sexual ones. Now I only have insomnia.

I crashed less than 2 years ago.

Just want to say your approach is working for me too.

5 Likes

Another 3 months, still on the diet and weight lifting, insomnia is getting better. I had sex 3 times yesterday and sensibility and all is 100%.

I’m 95% symptom free. I can’t say I’m cured because I have days when I’m demotivated or depressed or anxious for no reasons, but it doesn’t happens often and it seems to be when I cheat the diet or loosen the discipline to exercise.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why carbs should be avoided?
My situation is similar to yours. I am willing to step over to a keto or paleo diet. I just don’t understand the no carb thing at all. I’m quite skinny and I’m afraid that if I drop carbs altogether that exercising isn’t going to be worth it much or I’m going to lose too much weight.

muscles are built with proteins, not carbs. Best energy source is animal saturated fat. We’re just not made of carbs or for carbs. It creates obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, strokes, brain diseases, lowers the immune system, create inflammation and oxydative stress. The list is long. IMO it’s the world’s greatest epidemic. Even paleolithic bones found shows a decrease in health and increased deformations once grains were introduced.
I lost 25% of my weight, only fat and water, and put on extra muscle. I hardly ever get sick from viruses or bacteria. It’s worth it. (beside being 95% recovered)

2 Likes