Nystatin

That’s what the doctors and pamphlets say, but in practice, Nystatin helped at least 3 of us:

-Ihatepropecia702, who barely busies himself with the forum or PFS research anymore because he’s busy fucking all the time (still complains of brain fog). He’s been on Nystatin/Diflucan (Fluconazole) for nearly a year. He also kickstarted his process with a fast, 10 days of stomach-cleansing antibiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, anti-candida supps. BUT…it was the increase in dosage of Nystatin that got him marked results. And his basic ongoing regimen is Nystatin with Diflucan cycled in (VERY harsh on the liver)

-Golf: took Nystatin briefly, experienced return of morning wood. Got off it, to get fresh baseline tests, wood disappeared

-Me: took Nystatin for about 2 months, no results. Decided to double the daily intake…started getting STRONG morning wood, nearly every morning. (Aside from also clearing up my skin, demonstrating that unlike mainstream science’s belief, dermatitis is gut/yeast-based). I quit the Nystatin to wait one month and do an unbiased stool test. The erections persisted for about a month, and then subsided.

The doctors all said that Nystatin wasn’t absorbed by the gut, that, if anything, it was the Diflucan. But it was definitely the double-dosing of Nystatin that yielded results (not that the Diflucan wasn’t doing anything).

One doc said that it could very well be the hormonal-modulating qualities of antifungals and the “azole” class of antifungals, pulling out a steroid pathway chart and showing how these drugs (which were listed in sideboxes along with other meds or foods) upregulate and downregulate some processes, the net effect being unknown. He proposed that it might simply be acting as an aromatase inhibitor, and to try low-dose arimidex instead. I declined.

This doc also said, like all the other docs, that sometimes, we just don’t know why a medicine works for something, or what exactly it does. It’s just never been studied that way.

Yet another doctor scratched his head, because antifungals are given to prostate cancer guys to LOWER testosterone, because cancer needs T to thrive.

If this is so, could Lower T mean lower E, and perhaps less inflammation in the prostate? Could Nystatin have other anti-bacterial or anti-inflammatory properties that we do not know about? It’s really a mindfuck for me, and nobody can really explain it. They’re probably not handing out research grants for this, but I sure would like to know what the hell that drug was doing. I could never reach Ihatepropecia702’s results, but I cannot discount them. That guy needs to be studied in a lab, seems like he’s being ignored because he doesn’t fit neatly into any theory, and we tend to throw those guys out or accuse them of not having “true PFS.” For the record, he took finasteride as long as me, had just as bad E.D. and libido issues, and is now a very happy dude, despite still battling the brain fog.

1 Like

You also forgot to mention that both Paul Walters and Ithappens who have now fully recovered used Nystatin at one point, although i don’t think they held it as the cause of recovery.

Xhorn, Thanks for chiming in. I know you’re still out there in Greece going through the grueling treatments.

Did you see any other positive benefits from the Nystatin, other than the increase of morning wood? I can’t recall if you had. If you didn’t, it really would seem there could be more than one problem going on.

Your mention of the damage this one & Diflucan could cause to the Liver are making me fearful to try it. Especially since I just had a liver test done it showed slightly elevated AST levels.

Morning erections + clear skin were the only tangible improvements I can recall.

I experimented a little with MEGA doses of Nystatin (just as Ihatepropecia702 had), but I saw no further benefit. I could never get over the hump like he did. I then quit ALL medications and supplements and took fresh baselines to see where I was at. No clear picture. Everything was kind of OK, or a bit off or terrible if you’re a progressive/endo/anti-aging doc.

We also do not know what would happen if Ihatepropecia702 were to stop taking these meds at these VERY high doses. We really don’t know what he’s treating by taking these medications. But his Testosterone did jump considerably upon retesting. Either by direct hormonal action, or by treating a root cause of systemic distress (fungus, infection, inflammation?), his hormones have improved.

Yes, read up on Diflucan, it can create liver damage at random.

I intend to try fluconazole for a period of time to see if there is any change. My long term antibiotics may have predisposed me to fungal issues. I am not convinced this is the issue but it seems relatively safe.

Azoles are very well known to inhibt p450 enzymes in steroidogeneses and are used f.e in treatment of cushing’s disease. Depending on which enzyme is primarily blocked the other pathways overbalance. So taking fluconazol might imitate Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, due to exessive androgen production.

Wow, 1600 views.

Has anyone else used Nystatin?

I just thought back to when i used it and got a boost in libido and morning wood. Ihatepropecia702 is making a full recovery using it too.

Flucanozole did nothing for me.

I have tried that myself and i did not feel the same benefits as nystatin. How long did you use it for?

I have no idea why nystatin seems to work but i would love to see someone else use it in high dosages like ihatepropecia702

Quick question: those who took Nystatin, was it in pill form or liquid or what?

Ok, so who’s on Nystatin?

We are waiting on ihatepropecia702 to confirm he has recovered, toadstool is on it along with a load of other anti candida stuff, xhorndog are you on it buddy?

Come on guys, we need to communicate about the medications that have shown promise, which in my opinion are:

. Nystatin
. GHB
. Progesterone/ Pregnenolone

The sooner we can rule things out the better and it may save guys visiting the forum money. I know eveybody may be different but say if you another guy gets better aside from ihatepropecia702 using nystatin then we know we might be onto a winner. If 5 people try and it doesn’t do jack then we can sort of forget about it.

1 Like

where dou get nystatin from as i will try it

You can get it from unitedpharmacies, i got mine from there, i get everything i buy from them and the service is excellent.

unitedpharmacies.co.uk/product.php?productid=455&cat=&page=1

According to a few candida pages powder form is the one to get. Maybe you could speak to a GP and get a script?

i heard IHP made a full recovery… can’t confirm if its true or not though.

i know for a fact i had a yeast skin infection at one point in my inner theigh… although i cleared yeast infection stool test… so not sure what that means…

Yep, ihatepropecia has made a full recovery. I hope he plans to come back and post about it eventually.

I have some pretty nasty eczema/ red skin on my scrotum and penis ever since i crashed whereas before it was just minor dry skin on my scrotum. Also had some sort of yeast/ fungal infection down my leg about a month before crashing.

Hi 19,

How long did you take it?
What dose 50mg/100/150/200 ??

see you

I think it works through some indirect way, rather than by ridding the body of fungals. Maybe through some interaction with Cytochrome P450

selleckchem.com/products/Nystatin(Mycostatin.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytochrome_P450

Is nystatin a drug or just a molecule (like the difference between propecia and finasteride)? in the second case what is a drug that contains nystatin? and how much is it?

Esermon, I don’t know what you’re asking. Molecules/Atoms make up drugs and practically everything else in this world. Propecia is only the brand name of Finasteride. They are the exact same thing.

No!! propecia is the commercial name of a drug containing finasteride, finasteride is a molecule. like coffee and kimbo, are kimbo and coffee the same thing ? no.
from another point of view, if you ask the chemist i need finasteride he’ll be hesitant among propecia, proscar and finasteride made by himself. if you ask him propecia he’ll know exactly what you need.
i meant is there a drug whose commercial name is nystatin? but the most important question was how much is nystatin ?