NOW Saw Palmetto Extract With Pygeum - 1 Week In

Thank you, my friend! I must say praise from Caesar, it’s your attitude and posts that keep me going. You are brave beyond words. Yes, as soon as they told me about the wing and that they believed me, I was tearing up. As just months earlier, I was deemed a delusional hypo as well. Agreed about the wheels, just have to speed them up, and again ditto, thank you for all your efforts!

2 Likes

KOUDOS! We keep going while trying to make a difference at times it feels like it might be the only thing that takes the full fire out of pfs. I.E. taking the fight to it. For me its raising awareness no matter how much shit it brings in terms of ridicule etc, when this blows one day, which it will our suffering and fight under the most extreme circumstances will be recognised I want to be around to see that day… Hopefully we’ll all get to experience good times once again. The hope of seeing that day again is another reason. I can’t imagine it but it’ will be on the same level as the most amazing thing that has ever happened to anyone!!! To be born again. A second life. Literally… what a reason to hang. around. Feeling the symptoms fall away and then the rebuilding of your tissues etc I doubt this has ever been experienced by anyone. Thank you for your words @Fighter1 and apologies I’ve gone off on one I get emotional when I dream of healing from this. :heart:

2 Likes

Ok, that’s your decision, but it takes 30 minutes so it’s not exactly an activity which takes “time and patience”.

Best of luck with your work but PFS Network/Propecia Help won’t be involved in anything which tries to draw parallels between vaccine side effects and PFS.

All the best,
Mitch

No need to ever apologize, @LazarusRy! I imagine that re-building feeling will be otherworldly. I very much look forward to that day! Catch up soon, my friend :heart:

1 Like

Wow! This explains so much. I prefer to keep an open mind, especially considering the third leading cause of death (in the US) is medical malpractice. Further, several of the symptoms reported are quite similar. I mean Merck is even working on their “miracle Covid pill”. Oh and of course these horrific reads:

But yeah sure, whatever. Let’s just close that door and not even check. I mean the FDA and the drug companies have never let us down before…

You’re free to post about your own experience regarding COVID vaccines, but please note we have set up a thread for that purpose here: PropeciaHelp's only Coronavirus Vaccine topic. Read before posting

Best of luck.

Best of luck to you as well.

So, received a lot of news today. Seems my Cortisol situation has flipped and Testosterone has risen. Although, it should be noted that I had not ejaculated in about a week’s time. This might have affected those results.

My Prolactin is the latest curveball, which is very high. It was only slightly previously (18). Estradiol also rose from 17 to 33.2. WBC remains low. In March was 6.6 (before Saw Palmetto), dropped to 3.7 in July, now is 3.6.

While Vitamin D had been taken previously and was at 32.5, we will not repeat that until the next round of tests. We’ll also repeat 3 Alpha Androstenediol Glucuronide and DHT then as well.

For a variety of reasons, it’s being suggested I have a Pituitary MRI. The current hold-off is finding an Iodine alternative (to avoid a reaction). It’s possible I have a tumor or more likely “pseudo-tumor” that would have likely been caused by the drugs and is causing me to produce excess Prolactin. This may drop naturally and or may require a pill. That is something else we also want to hold off on, as you well know, anything taken can make things worse. Please see my latest blood and 24 Hour Urinary Cortisol tests below and let me know if you have similar issues/results. Perhaps, we can help each other.

1 Like

I really doubt you have a pituitary tumor. I also had high prolactin, just over 30 on your scale. Later it came down to normal range.

Although I felt better when taking the 2nd test, it’s not “the cure” by any means. I’d refrain from using any dopamine agonist to bring it down. They have nasty sides themself. But a pituitary scan might be worth it for ease of mind.

Also your doc should really have ordered a sensitive E2 test. Although serum E2 doesn’t seem to hold much answers either.

CSF and plasma hormones doesn’t seem to correlate much at all in PFS patients. Melcagnis studies showed pretty consistently that PFS patients had a ~20 fold decrease of E2 compared to controls in CSF. I doubt any of them had such deviations in serum.

Now imagine for example you’d add an AI into that mix based on your serum levels, scary stuff!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the detailed response, @Cbrandel. Much obliged. I agree with you, I highly doubt I have a tumor as well. Something is definitely “off” though with my Pituitary. So, like you said, I’m considering for ease of mind.

I also am very hesitant to take anything. I’m glad you wrote what you did. It’s exactly why I posted here. You confirmed my concern.

Appreciate the suggestion. I will ask for the sensitive E2 test. It may not hold much answers, but can’t hurt to have documented.

Agreed about AI’s, scary as all hell!

1 Like

@LazarusRy How are you today? Out of curiosity, do you have any additional info on the gentleman who recovered everything including skin/facial changes after 2 years? If at all possible, I’d like to share with my doctors. Hoping there is some sort of clue there that can help us. @aletheia 's story is very interesting as well. I’ve already shared that.

1 Like

He’s in the photographic changes section somewhere. I’ll see if I can find him later this week

1 Like

Thanks!

Hi @Fighter1 the guy who recovered was aletheia you can find some of his posts in the photographic changes thread. There’s a before and after facial shot 2 years later he recovered and the facial changes reversed.

1 Like

Got 'em all. Thanks Laz! Will be in touch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, has anyone else (thank you @Cbrandel) also had Prolactin out of range and if so, what happened? Did you take any course of action? What worked, what didn’t? Might not be a total cure, but can’t hurt to bring it down (naturally).

Saw my doctors again today. Here’s what’s been decided. Going to test my blood for a month. Need to see if Prolactin level was fluke. Also, will be doing these tests:

3 Alpha Androstenediol Glucuronide
DHT
Estradiol (E2) Sensitive
Vitamin D

If Prolactin remains high, I will have a Pituitary MRI on December 1st. If tumor is found, I will likely take pill. If no tumor is found (and we all agree this is most likely scenario), we will avoid pill. Not just because that could make things worse, but clearly the high Prolactin is just a stress response. Not the problem.

Any thoughts or similar experiences that could be shared would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Got my Connective Tissue Disorders Panel DNA Testing Results. Only one odd thing found with: ADAMTSL4

It’s also worth noting, my samples took two weeks longer than most people. They were about ready to suggest swabbing my mouth again. Is that significant?

Anyone else discover this? Does it mean anything? Discussing with my doctors tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Certain SNPs in ADAMTSL4 seems to affect the eyes negatively.

But the one you got isn’t linked to any specific disease in the literature that I could find.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this. I found the eye information as well. You also literally quoted my doctor today “what I have is not linked to any specific disease (currently)”. I was told that Invitae the Company that runs the tests will reach out to me, should it ever be discovered that it is linked to any sort of disease, etc.