next a stupid guy...but i believe...

1. Where are you from (country)? Poland

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) Polish website about hairloss www.lysienie.info

3. What is your current age, height, weight? 23 YO, 1.74 (5.8.5) 72 kg

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? yes, everyday fitness or jogging

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? typical homemade food

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? hair loss

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)? 3 months

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride? 23 yo, 24 march 2012

9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 23 yo, 30 june 2012

10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? probably cold turkey

11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? proscar

12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1.25 mg/day

13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? about first month, smaller libido

14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? gynecomastia, bad erection

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[50:50] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[x] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x] Slurring of Speech
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[x] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x] Muscle Wastage
[x] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? only testosteron test after 3 weeks of quitting proscar, result: 523 (245- 1600)

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

welcome. I started taking Proscar because of the loss of hair. while taking it felt good. The only side effect was a decrease in libido. At the end of June I noticed enlarged breasts and decided to throw Proscar. During the first weeks, I felt the same as when taking the drug (not better, not worse). At the beginning of the week (around 16 July), I felt completely wrong. I lost my libido, my penis was completely numb, I’m tired every day, the head does not quite work, sleep worsened (testosterone crash?). Unfortunately, my life became meaningless. What are my chances that it will stay forever? Is there a chance to recover after the crash? Sorry for my english

From Monday unless I read the whole forum and I am devastated …

Does science have a chance to help us?

Does it make sense to take any medications now?

Thank You…:frowning:

1 Like

I feel your pain your brother, the worst in not knowing how long this will go on. I have lost interest in everything that is important to me in life.

However I did get on Ritalin and that has offered me some of my energy back, the brain fog is the worse though.

Hey,

you are just 5 days off, right? Maybe you will recover - for many the side effects are reversible. You should drink a lot of green tea in the next days. Hopefully this will help you!

pm me if you have any questions why.

Welcome. Sleep issues would be more likely from long term neurosteriod inhibition. Many of us no longer sleep regularly.

Yes, science could one day help. There are some research initiatives that are ongoing.

ps- green tea is 5AR inhibitor and decreases AR expression. So, whether or not it would be helpful in the long run is arguable.

Hey Boston, i got really bad sleep from 2 tablets, been the most consistant side effect.

I dont want to be so negative , but its been 4.5 years since I stopped this poison, I used every possible supplement , nothing worked all got crashed after a few days, I lost intrest not only to sex but life , and I have no belief anymore that I will get any better since this never happened for 4 years , I am just not able to be positive anymore and I dont want to go back on to depression pills as I was for a while, I dont understand why this shit medicine is still on markets.

Friends,

It’s time to update-two years have passed since quitting the kiss of death, and on July 16 it will be two years since the start of a well-known horror you.

At the outset, I would like to apologize for the title of my thread. I did not mean to offend anyone, you are a group of great guys, giving me the strength to fight in difficult moments. In addition, I would like to thank you for your support to those who wrote in this thread.

The past two years have been largely disastrous for me. July 16, 2012, the morning ended up everything good in my life. I did not write anything on the forum, because my senses were confused, and my progress too small to share them. In addition, I did not also write here in the darkest period not to kill hope, which still is not enough in this forum.

I would like to say that I am still very far from recovering health, but also distant are the darkest days of vacation 2012 Below is the side effects that I had or still have in the past two years. I note that I can not write, or something definitely gone or not, because many of the symptoms better time is minimized, while the worst period of the above. side effects are back with more power.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive: I year- zero libido, II year- still low
[x] Erectile Dysfunction: I y.- lack/ weak erection, II y.- sometimes (rarely, but…) good
[ ] Complete Impotence: I y.- first week crash almost complete impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections: I y.- lack morning erection, II y.- better
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections: I, II y.- still lack
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections: I y.- sometimes/ rarely, II y.- better and better
[x] Watery Ejaculate: I y.- only water, II y.- sometimes good, sometimes water
[x] Reduced Ejaculate: as above
[x] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm: I y.- weak, sometimes paraesthesia body during II y.- weak
[x] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility: II y.- improvement

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat: I y.- huge, II y.- i do not know, I do not remember feeling of normality. Maybe some better
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating: I y.- fatally, II y.- some better
[x] Confusion: as above
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness: I y.- fatally, II- better, but not good enough
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought: I y.- fatally, II y.- better, but not good enough
[x] Slurring of Speech: I y.- fatally, II y.- some better
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency: I y.- fatally, II y.- much better
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks: I y.- fatally, II y.- better
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy: I y.- fatally, II y.- much better
[x] Suicidal Thoughts: I y.- non- stop during first months, II y.- recovered

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled): I y.- all the above, II y.- some better
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis: I y.- as of september 2012, II y.- some better
[x] Testicular Pain: I y.- big pain and metallic stench, II y.- much better
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness: I y.- fatally, II y.- better, sometimes much better
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease: I y.- lack of sensitivy- first months, II y.- better, but sometimes poorly
[ ] Weight Gain- wow, this is my first zero
[x] Gynecomastia (male breasts): I y.- very large, II y.- better, but still visible
[x] Muscle Wastage: I y.- fatally, II y.- much better, maybe recovered
[x] Muscle Weakness: as above
[x] Joint Pain: I y.- fatally, II y.- much better, helped to vitamin D
[x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes: I y.- I looked like a zombie, II y.- recovered

Misc
[x] Prostate pain: I y.- stabbing, frequent pain, II y.- smaller, thinner pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion: I y.- fatally, II y.- recovered
[x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems: I y.- fatally, II y.- improvement
[x] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”: I y.- fatally, II y.- improvement
[x] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness: I y.- fatally, II y.- improvement
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[x] Lowered body temperature: I y.- in hot weather I lay under two thick blankets, II y.- nearly recovered.

[ ] Other (please explain)

massive headache, paresthesia, floaters in the eye.

My treatment protocol:

2012: TRIBUSTERON and vitamin D-good, but temporary effect

July-October 2012: more vegetables and fruits in my diet,

October 2012: the beginning of the ketogenic diet (duration strict ketogenic diet to about March 2013) - I’ve seen a lot of improvements, but my body was very damaged

November 2012: started the protocol IHP, with plenty of probiotics. Too strong cleansing reaction gave me a huge disaster in the November / December 2013

March 2013: re-cleansing protocol and again experienced a crash

March 2013: I met a wonderful girl who is with me and supports me in battle. Angel, not a girl.

April / May 2013: I started drinking a lot of milk kefir. Temporarily amazing effects (almost all physical and sexual damage repair)

July 2013: a very strong crash. A few weeks off me with everything.

November 2013: a year on a very healthy diet. First Water fasting-20 days. Effects: an increase in body temperature (my testicles for the first time from one year were warm), improved mental effects, more strength, better digestion.

December 2013 / January 2014: Second Water fasting-9 days. Effects: As above.

March / April 2014: Third Water fasting-11 days. Effects: As above. In addition, a significant increase in power-managed several times from two years to run 20 - 25 kilometres (13- 15 miles).

May / June 2014: Fourth Water fasting-10 days. Effects: As above. The first water fasting, during which do not lay in bed. Every day I went on a 12 - 15 kilometers (8- 10 miles) walking and mowed the grass in front of the house on the eighth day of fasting.

July 2014: two days begin another water fasting target of 10 - 20 days.

Finally, i really recommend water fasting. At the same time recommend to prepare for them solidly. Before my first water fasting I read about 10 books on the subject and I spent a lot of time searching the web. Be very careful. In this forum, basically everything about water fasting (especially about leaving) posted Brong FogBoy, Pax, Robotmouse, Cdnuts, Raberdruck and others. For those interested, it is necessary to read their posts. I especially recommend the book Paul Bragg and Gennady Malakhov.

hi, interesting that you are recovering.

can you eleborate on that for a littlebit. What happend to your face in detail, what recovered?

notna,

I’m sorry, but I can not give you an easy solution. This has improved because I kept a strict treatment regimen. Diet, exercise, plenty of sleep, water fasting, etc. It took some time before my face was back to normal (although at the time of water fasting temporarily it looks bad). Besides, my face looks more manly. Much less accumulated fat on my face, compared to the period of two years.

Hi hrihor,

So after every water fast you have improved even more or just retained improvements.

Hi Johayo,

Good question. At the beginning, I would like to point out that two years ago after the crash, I was very very very badly damaged. In my body was burning a hundred red lights. So I know that my treatment process will be long and progress minimal. Certainly, water fasting gave me some solid, permanent improvements (increased body temperature, warmer testicular, improved metabolism, more energy, less gynecomastia and a few minor). However, most of the improvement is temporary and slowly disappear (but not to the end-rather, 3 steps forward, 2 in back). At the same time water fasting is only part of my therapeutic protocol. Equally important are the other parts, those between water fasting (diet, sports, leisure, reading threads on this forum and drawing conclusions). I hope to submit a further positive reports after the next fasting (currently am in the process of water fasting nr fifth-today is 8 day).

A lot of people say water fasting helped them but don’t say what it helped with exactly.

Update

So, since the last update I have done some experiments.

What’s helped me?

• First of all, twelve days of fasting in November. The Effect? For several weeks after the end of fasting I was feeling quite acceptably (but obviously not as before fin),
  • Ashwaganda. More power, better cognitive function, lower ed, reducing constipation, less gyno,
  • Siberian ginseng. Less potent than ashwagandha, but it has a calming effect

What’s made me worse?

• Arimidex (2-3 weeks, 0.25 mg / day). gave me a pain bone, a high brainfog, prostate pain and many other
  • Vitex (2-3 weeks, of 1600 mg / day). caused depression, panic attacks etc.
  • Hydrocortisone (2 days, 10 Mg 2.5 / 2.5 / 2.5 / 2.5) gave me a huge crash. Caused a huge headache, ed, gyno, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts,
  • 5 htp (a few days) - side effects like HC, but lighter

What’s been neutral?

• Rhodiola,

What am I currently doing?

• Paleo diet and sometimes carbloading,
  • Supplements: b-complex, vitamin c 1000, magnesium, omega 3,
  • Periodically (2-3 weeks cycle), ashwagandha, Rhodiola, siberian ginseng,

What am I going to do?

• Water fasting 10- 14 days in the next week,
  • Add a thyroid supplements (selenium, zinc, iodine, ndt),
  • Perhaps dostinex / cabergoline (for prolactin),
  • Supplements and herbs for testosterone (Cycle 7 days) - tongkat ali, l arginine, horny goat weed, dim, chrysin, Tribulus, cordyceps, etc.

My current results:

TSH 2,23 (0,27-4,20)
FT3 2,57 (2,00-4,40)
FT4 1,45 (0,93-1,70)
T3 76.46 (80,00-200,00)
T4 7.51 (5,10-14,10)
anti-TPO 12.60 (0,00- 34.00)
anti-TG 19.97 (0,00-115,00)
FSH 1.99 (1,50-12,40)
LH 2.21 (1,70-8,60)
Estradiol 17.98 (7,63-42,60)
Progesterone 0.66 (0,20-1,40)
Prolactin 14.72 (4,04-15,20)
Testosterone 543 (249-836)

I guess I will go with the other stuff you listed but how does 2 days of Hydrocortisone give you gyno? Did you check to see if you had a cortisol
deficiency prior to taking this?

• Hydrocortisone (2 days, 10 Mg 2.5 / 2.5 / 2.5 / 2.5) gave me a huge crash. Caused a huge headache, ed, gyno, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts,

mcibofh

No. HC caused the crash of the entire system. Crash means for me a domino effect. So I do not blame directly HC about the appearance of gynecomastia. His influence was only an indirect but significant.
In addition, I made a mistake by not checking beforehand my cortisol levels. Now I know that my cortisol level is not very low and basically I should get a hold of HC from afar. Especially after such an experience with him. I do not claim that everyone should avoid the HC. Just my body does not accept closer relations with the HC. Cheers!

I would only add that I felt a big improvement using two weeks of the artichoke. So if someone has problems with the liver and detoxification of the body, and is afraid to use milk thistle (awor’s thread), I recommend that you take the safe artichoke. It’s really cheap and effective to repair the liver.

I will try artichoke.

I was prescribed to take artischoke to build up immunity. For a higher doses i need to take oligoplant.

Thought I’d give an update.

It’s been over 9 years … I don’t remember how good life can be. Anyway, I’m still trying to fight.

I recently wrote that my vitamin B12 levels were abnormally low. Well, I raised it from 108 to 1,287 (187-883). Unfortunately, it doesn’t make me feel any better. Okay, to be honest I felt better in the beginning, it gave me the energy for a while to run the fastest in years, but then I crashed (although it wasn’t particularly bad).

I thought this collapse was due to my adrenal glands being too weak. As my resistance to stress is very low (any stressor, such as stress, too much training and bad eating, increases my brain fog, adrenal gland pain, headache, etc.), I decided to focus more on cortisol. I admit that I expected that after 9 years of this disease and low stress tolerance, cortisol will be at a low level. Amazingly, a 24-hour urine test showed that my cortisol is close to the upper limit of 120.6 (36-137). I think the measurement may even be a bit on the low side because I pee mostly in the afternoon and evening when the cortisol level is lower. It’s a bit weird because for 9 years my cortisol has been too high rather than too low and I haven’t had a breakdown (adrenal fatigue) yet. In any case, I will try to lower it by using bacopa (it gave me moderate success last year) and amino acids - of course, the basis is diet, rest, breathing exercises, short training and some supplements (fish oil or vitamin D3).

One more thing: I recently discovered that chicken liver does a pretty good job of lowering my anxiety. Perhaps this is due to the large supply of many B vitamins. In any case, I eat as much as 1,200 grams a week. Not only does the liver contain more nutrients than regular meat, it is also very cheap. Just a note on frying. I cook in water for about 10-15 minutes.

1 Like