New York Post article about transgender PH member

link please

news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/propecia-turned-woman-man-claims-235329178.html

Apart from me saying any publicity is good publicityā€¦ this whole thing is kind of outlandish. But at the very least it keeps Propecia AND Merck in the news in a negative way.

Hereā€™s what Mandi wrote on her Facebook: just got an offer for a national 1-on-1 interview, omg !! I am glad I hope this puts pressure on Merck and its CEO Ken Frasier to do whatā€™s right - apologize and take this ā€œhair loss cureā€ OFF the market !!!

You go girl!

That is incredible. I will glady do the same.

every single person who commented on the yahoo story seem to suggest he is lying or simple looking for money unfortunately. very brave all the same. good luck.

What would be nice if a few scientists chimed in and explained the importance of.dht to normal male functioning. To your average American idiot claiming a pill made you become a woman does appear rediculousā€¦ But it needs to be explained that, that pill decimates a vital male hormone, when that is consideredā€¦ His/her experience is much more credible.

Some of these comments are funny.

[b]ā€œgeneric form of the drug from an online distributor based in India.ā€

Mistake #1.[/b]

Note to self: never, ever take Propecia.

the really sad part is that after all this, he still has to wear a wig.

To quote a comment on DailyMail.co.uk on this article:

ā€œI hesitate to call him a raging liar, but heā€™s a raging liar. Gender dysphoria is not caused by pills! At least have the courage to stand up and say ā€œthis is who I amā€ and get on with it. Heā€™s either trying to get money from the manufacturer to pay for his sex change or heā€™s trying to weasel his way out of explaining to his child. Either way, his pants are on fireā€¦ā€

• James, Here, 22/7/2012 23:40

I have to say I agree (with some of the article). His gender dysmorphia was already there previously in my opinion OR I feel like this is a tactic to prevent other men from coming forward because they donā€™t want to be associated with a pill that might make them transgendered.

Perhaps, its not going to stop me from publically calling out Merck and finasteride itself for ruining me thou. But Propecia hasnā€™t made me gayā€¦

I think the gender dysphoria was already there, but it was buried somewhere and it would have never come to surface if it wasnĀ“t propecia hormone imbalance. There is also the fact that propecia affects each one of us in a different way. Some get high estrogen levels, others get very low testosterone, others continue with a normal hormone profile but still have side effects. Depending how the drug affected him, it could be true.
Drop DHT levels and increase Estrogen in a heterosexual man and you ll get a depressed heterosexual man. Do the same on a guy prone to gender dysphoria and it will be a spark on a gasoline tank.

The sad part is that few people who posted comments paid attention to the mental changes he describes in the article. Many of them are very similar to what we have experienced. On the other hand, the pictures and the statement ā€œi ll sue Merck for a billion dollarsā€ do not help him in getting credibility.

thank u very much luckfax.

if someone could find the exact study, please post.
this could give more credibility to the article when we comment

IF he does this interview then twenty guys come out of the closet (no pun intended) that he had homosexual relationships with prior to Finasteride we all look bad. I just hope heā€™s being 100% honest.

Agree the ā€œsue for a billion dollarsā€ remark doesnā€™t help anyone.

Beginning to think this might not be the person we want ā€œrepresentingā€ our issue on a national level.

Letā€™s just be thankful to this guy (or girl) for getting us a heapload of publicity rather than sniping at him for having threatened our already eroded sense of masculinity. I was on a random forum last night and there was a thread about the story.

Iā€™m not taking a hit at him. I am just concerned about credibility issues, how the general public is going to precieve this whole thing if a tranny becomes the face of the PFS movement. Of course I am thankful for the attentionā€¦ After the other recent media attention we need to keep the heat up on the issue.

As I understand it now, there will be excerpts from scientists confirming the feminizing effects of a DHT blockade on the body that will be included in the interview. Hopefully that will balance out with any people who cast doubt on the story.

lol I know what you mean. But if (s)he has been offered a nationwide interview as stated, maybe some other guys will be needed to be interviewed as fellow sufferers? I donā€™t think Mandi will become the public face of PFS without the experiences of other sufferers being highlighted.

Yes well I have already contacted Mandi and other media people in the PFS community and expressed my interest in contributing to any story or stories that might result from all this. I mean apart from supreme court justice you canā€™t get more credible then a (former) federal agentā€¦ Right? I swore to uphold the US constitutionā€¦ And then these here united states government bureacrates screw me over lol.