New York Post article about transgender PH member

Wow.

nypost.com/p/news/national/bald_cure_made_me_woman_9whwIzBiccvWIMacwRlkqO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=National

AS ALWAYS: POST A COMMENT!!!

I think this was a wonderfully courageous thing to do by this sufferer, but I would maybe ask Mew to refrain from putting this story on the front page, where major media awareness usually goes. This disease is humiliating enough without other people thinking it turns us into transsexuals.

It’s also in the Daily Mail online:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177221/Propecia-pills-William-McKee-claims-hair-growth-pills-develop-breasts-wide-hips.html?ITO=1490

The Mail has a fuller version, some text taken from this personal site:

mandimckee.com/my-story/

“This is the story of my life, how drug maker Merck tricked millions of men into taking a drug that was already widely known in the medical community to be one of the most popular drugs prescribed to men who wish to transition to live as women (M2F), and why I plan to sue Merck for $1 Billion.”

The problem with this drug is it’s so easy for them to say we had an underlying issue and unless anyone has proof of all there tests before and proof they ingested the pills, then the likely hood of even winning a law-suit with scientific evidence is pretty slim, makes me sick.

@propeciashiz

i think the lawyers are very, very confident they will win or they would not have taken these cases. the evidence is piling up about mercks crimes, not just on propecia and it is well known they illegal tactics they use. in reality, we were perfectly fine, took finasteride for some hairs shedding, developed horrible side effects while on the drug which we never had before and which were not listed as possible side effects, and will not resolve even though merck said they will all resolve with a few months maximum after quitting the drug. the facts are pretty cut and dry and the lawyers would not be taking these cases if they were not very confident of the facts. do not worry about that stuff, we have the truth on our side.

Even if there was an underlying problem could sew your doctor for negligence. I’m not expecting a pay out anyway, just want a recovery.

OMG :exclamation:

It’s sad to see that top commenters on both daily mail and ny post are calling the story ‘bullshit’. It’s really brave of the guy to come out in the open like that.

I personally wouldn’t say that I have been feminized, more like de humanized. I just don’t feel like a normal human being anymore.

Sexual dysfunction in healthy young men is very rare.

Yeah there’s no real way they can say it was a underlying condition… I’ve been fine my entire life until I met finasteride. Mentally, physically sexually… I think a underlying condition would have been found previously considering I’ve done countless physical exams throughout the years.

Obviously there is some form of underlying issue, or else everyone would get side effects.

then post a comment with links to study on castration, there r tons

I think this guy raised the bar for severity of symptoms.

(S)he might make an interesting facebook friend. facebook.com/mandi.tampa

“Baldenss cure a bust”. I always hate the flippant tone some of these stories take about something that has ruined all our lives.

In the NY Post story he doesn’t completely come out and deny he had homosexual relationships prior to Fin though. Maybe he didn’t but that seems interesting because you’d expect that would be the first thing someone would say.

“Animal studies of Propecia have shown an increased propensity for homosexuality.” Was stunned to read that. Pretty depressing stuff to hear.

It makes me sick when the media jokes about it… When the stuff blew up on the 12th I remember watching two national anchors having a joke banter about the whole thing. The usual stuff “so you take a pill to grow your hair to get women, then that same pill makes your stuff not work” treating it like its just a casual thing. Nobody realizes…

someone has links for these studies?

I’m pretty sure it was on here but I can’t find it.

I found http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=finasteride%20homosexual

HuffPost with 1,000,000 unique visitors daily, covered the story huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/mandi-mckee-william-propecia-baldness-drug-woman_n_1695706.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Now this article is on Yahoo tonight.

I am not so sure this helps our cause, although sadly I can somewhat relate to this guy/girl.