New recovery - anyone been tested for Entamoeba histolytica?

What kind of test did you do? Normally doctors only test the most common bacterias, parasites, pathogens.

I haven’t posted here in forever and I never come here anymore. Been dealing with Propecia issues for more than four years and just reached a point where I didn’t want to think about it anymore. My situation is status quo since the last time I was here.

But I can add something to this topic, I think. I’m occasionally in touch with moonman and he told me a while ago about the e histolytica recovery story. At the time I was having some pretty bad digestive issues and it piqued my interest. So I started to look around. Went to a gastroenterologist first, who ordered some stool tests (which I suspect are very inexact and miss a lot), a breath test and a few other things. Told me no SIBO, no parasites – must just be colitis.

Then I went to Dr. Kevin Cahill in NYC, who specializes in parasites. He takes a swab in his office and examines it under a microscope. I think this is a more precise test. Anyway, when I called for my results I was expecting – as always seems to be the case these past few years – that I would here everything was normal. Instead, they told me I was positive for e histo. I was actually kind of thrilled, thinking I might be on to something. I then did a 10-day course of metronidazole followed by a few days of paromomycin. My digestive symptoms (which have been really bad) did seem to improve. Unfortunately, there was no improvement in my Propecia issues. Te digestive stuff also seemed to worsen when I completed the medicine. So I went back and he took another swab – this time I was positive for intestinal worms. I think the exact diagnosis was that there was suggestive evidence in the sample. So he put me on a short course of albendazole (3 days). Again, the digestive symptoms seemed to improve. Again, there was no PFS improvement – although I did get myself thinking on the second morning that the brain/dick connection might be improving a little. But that may have been a mirage. And again, the digestive symptoms worsened as soon as I finished the prescription. This was a few days ago. I asked Cahill to prescribe a fuller course, thinking this wasn’t enough to get the job done, but he refused; he’s conservative with prescribing and wants me to wait a few weeks and then come back if I’m still having issues.

Anyway, this has all led me to believe it’s likely that there’s something real to the brain/gut thing. My intestinal tract is clearly in pretty awful shape. Like constant gurgling, bloating, flatulence – this has been my steady state for at least 6 months now. And while not as bad, I think it’s been an issue for me all along during this Propecia nightmare. Why would it be in such bad shape? Well, while I was on Propecia, I began getting sinus infections for the first time in my life. They were stubborn – kept coming back – and the ENT prescribed multiple aggressive courses of antibiotics for me. Probably three 14-day courses in the early months of '12 alone. It was in May of '12 when I began having sexual issues and June when I quit Propecia. I was also given a long course of antibiotics after quitting Propecia, by a urologist who wondered if the symptoms I was describing were actually a urinary tract infection. (I know.) On top of that, I took over the next two years at least three more antibiotic courses to deal with new sinus infections. It’s all a long way of saying: I probably wrecked my guy with all of this, both while I was on Propecia and while trying to recover. That I’ve never been able to pull off the clean/natural diet can’t help – diet coke has been a staple of my diet for years, I can’t shake the carbs thing, I’ll still drink with friends, I still like sugar, etc. Plus stress and so on.

Anyway, the way I now make sense of what happened to me is something like this: Before Propecia, I was already wearing my body down – I ran every day (every single day – no rest, ever; it was overtraining), I didn’t eat clean, cut corners on sleep, worked a high-stress/non-stop job. Then I added Propecia into the mix. Then antibiotics – LOTS of antibiotics. I remember my body changing even before the sexual issues – fat starting to accumulate around my waist, weird sweating stuff…hormonal upheaval, I guess. Then I quit Propecia but never recovered. I don’t know if adrenal fatigue is a thing and I’m not really interested in an exact label. But the way I look at it is I stressed my body/metabolism/something with all of these factors and wrecked my gut as part of that.

So I’m wondering: Could “fixing” my gut reverse my symptoms? I don’t know. I also don’t know if anyone really knows how to fix the gut. One reason I stopped coming here is that I was just too tired of all of the clean living/eating programs I kept reading about, trying to replicate, then failing at. It became a huge source of stress and depression in and of itself. But what Dr. Cahill has been finding in me really has me thinking. As I type this my gut is going nuts. It wasn’t doing this when I was on the medicine but it is again now. I feel like the medicine wasn’t enough to kill whatever is in me and really heal the gut. I plan to go back to Cahill in a few weeks. Maybe he won’t find anything more and he’ll tell me I’m parasite-free. But maybe he’ll find something else, try a different (more aggressive?) treatment and then…we’ll see. Obviously if anything comes of it I’ll let you all know.

Have yo read this?

pfshealing.com/post-finaster … lammation/

For the record, I’ve tested negative for Entamoeba histolytica several times.

However, my stool tests did reveal blastocystis hominis (another parasite)…

it is CRAZY how many people with PFS happened to take antibiotics around the same time they got PFS.

Like 80% !

Ruffneck, Any news?

voyamejorar & others,

On Feb 16th, I went on pfshealing.com and had the opportunity to read the article on inflammation. Then I wanted to go back to the website on the next day to read more articles, but since then, the website is gone. The web address is for sale…

From the article I read (inflammation) the guy seemed quite scientific, and I would have liked to read more about what he says about supplementation… By any chance, would any one of you have saved the articles written by Josh Abrhams and could share them?

Thank you,
Charles

Go to web.archive.org. You will find stored snapshots there.

By the way, I am recovering the pfshealing.com way, after 3 1/2 years. Pfs was for me a pure gastrointestinal problem. I will write more about my journey later on.

hello i wanted to do this but dont know where to order paromomycin very harde to find can somone help me who buyd this online

Seriously, mate? This is absolutely ridiculous. PFS is not the result of parasites.

1 Like

Never knows he got cured of it and 3 more

You mean 4 people have been cured of PFS using these antibiotics?

Theoretically it is not impossible as you never know what chemical pathway in the body the particular compound will affect. But it won’t be mediated through their effect on parasites, i.e. it is not the parasites that cause PFS.

So what other evidence is there that these particular antibiotics work for PFS?

i dont know if they work but worth try it 4 pepole got cured using it meybe it does something good worth a shoot why should i not

maybe they had whipples disease (which can cause a ton of symptoms for centuries before it starts to get serious), lyme disease or some other shit that affects the neurosystem

never heard Amoebiasis can cause this

this being said…its just 3 days of antibiotics so why not giving it a shot…

4 people? Who are those people? Are you sure they got cured?
For example, I see moonann posting here in many topics, I do not think he is cured.

Entamoeba Histolytica

Another colleague sent the following:

“I’ve been suffering PSSD for two years now. I recently got diagnosed with a parasite called Entamoeba Histolytica. I stumbled upon a story from the Post Finasteride forums, about another guy who had been diagnosed with this parasite, and after clearing it out he found himself cured of his PFS. I’ve pasted it below.

“I’m writing this because I was one of the several people who experienced dramatically compromising side effects after taking finasteride in the form of Propecia. Said side effects included an essential collapse of my sexual system (no libido, impotence), brain fog, anxiety issues, depression, ‘emotional blunting,’ and fatigue.

It took me 11 years and several doctors, but I finally got a diagnosis and–lo and behold–I’m cured. I’m cured!

It turns out I had a parasitic protozoa called e. histolytica. It’s been mentioned on this website before and it seems exceedingly common globally. An estimated 10% of the population has it, but apparently it’s asymptomatic in most people.

I did eventually come to suspect I had a parasite when I tried an elimination diet. Wheat was fine, dairy was fine, eggs were fine, but Sugar (sucrose) triggered my symptoms to a terrible degree. The Sugar connection is what eventually led me to question parasites.

I did try a few at-home remedies, and some of them were genuinely effective in abating symptoms but none of them cured the infection. It must be treated with antibiotics.

Alternative treatments that offered release were avoiding sugar, Humaworm, and ParaGone.

I’d personally recommend ParaGone over Humaworm, but I think they’re both effective.

I also experienced relief from Lactoferrin (Jarrow’s brand), and found they made the other treatments (including antibiotics) much more effective.

The antibiotics that cured me were metronidazole (500mg 3x a day for 10 days) and paromomycin (1,000mg 3x a day for 5 days). Relief came pretty quickly–I felt 90% on top of the world by day three.

https://www.mentalhealthexcellence.org/skin-and-drugs-and-sex/

I believe in this person who healed. When I had PFS, in addition to taking the low dose multivitamin of Saw Palmetto and Astaxanthin, I was taking a weekly vaccine called “imunover”, prescribed by an allergist, since I had always had sore throats in my life at that time. I was also fighting HPV. This vaccine is made up of fungi and bacteria (include, believe me, fucking modified Candida).

Honestly, I believe one of the types of PFS is the installation of fungi, bacteria or pathogens either on androgen receptors, or on 5AR.

I believe they have “direct access” to our body just as our 5AR is blocked. I believe this is why most people who use finasteride do not have PFS, because to do so, you would need to have or contract these microorganisms at the time of enzyme inhibition. That’s why pretty much all the cures I’ve seen came from intestinal balancing, mostly by probiotics and diet.

That is, I believe that the diet helps us not because of butyric acid, but because of the intestinal flora, which somehow fights part of the microorganisms installed in us. Chi cured like this (used prebiotics, diet and various anti-pathogens like wormwood, cloves etc, plus did a compreensive parasitology exam), JPA cured like this (probiotics and diet), braziliandude told me he was cured with a VERY restricted diet, backfromhell was cured by diet as well, Ozeph is almost cured by diet. Moonchild said he had 2 years of diet before Tribulus + Mucuna and BHB + Butyrate supplement.

Even cdnuts were dieting in addition to their herbal protocol (which may have helped cleanse their microorganisms, not testosterone itself, but he strongly believe in the testosterone theory).

This is just a theory of mine, but analyzing many of the puzzle pieces this makes sense.

Cheers.

Edit: This is why maybe doctors, studies and researches can’t find anything (even in epigenetic terms).

5 Likes

Do you have any reasoning as to why a “crash” occurs? And why supplementing with testosterone often makes men worse? As most know I’m on the autoimmune train but I find this interesting

Hi man, is there any chance you could fill out the survey? We’re in great need of more PAS patients. It’ll only take an hour and it’s essential data that we require for studies going forward. :slightly_smiling_face:

you are right… I believe PFS is 100% gut/intestine/stomach/gall bladder issue! The dht is just a chain effect of what the drug really does. The steps before lowering dht.

I never took any of this shit, but randomly crashed in summer of 2016…
I even have severe bloating, farts, acid reflux etc… Horrible body odor (sign of magnesium or zinc deficiency) low semen volume (zinc deficiency) and all the neuro transmitters are interconnected with this stuff…

I was wondering why the hell I have been farting all day yesterday.and have been constipated… Guess what I decided to probiotics yesterday and had 4 probiotic (lactobacillus) yoghurts!! THIS IS A SIGN OF SIBO (small bacterial intestinal overgrowth)

"When you have an overgrowth of bad bacteria in your small intestine, it is often the lactobacillus or bifidobacterium species. The majority of probiotic supplements contain lactobacillus or bifidobacterium, so using them adds to the bacteria in your small intestine. This essentially adds fuel to the fire.

One clue that you may have SIBO is that probiotics containing lactobacillus or bifidobacterium exacerbate your symptoms. You may experience more gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea or other digestive symptoms"

1 Like