New Member from UK

I have stopped taking hydrogen peroxide. I was drinking a 1% solution once or twice per week but experienced abdominal discomfort so stopped.

I would advise against taking it, unless under medical supervision.

Hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous to the overall intestinal flora and health of the body:-
candidaplan.com/blog/587/candida … -peroxide/

noniman,

Yeesh, one testimonial says it works, one says it’s dangerous. This seems to be the case with everything.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hopefully we all find the answer someday.

Matt

I recently ordered some EpiAndro (an epiandrosterone based supplement).

It arrived in the mail today and I’ve taken my first few doses with no adverse effects so far.
I will post another update on progress.

I’ve just started the same using a different brand.

How long is your cycle going to be, and are you intending to use any PCT? I’ve read about people using Clomid afterwards but seems a little extreme.

Danny, assuming i don’t get a bad reaction or nasty side effects, then i’m gonna follow the recommended dosage until the bottle is finished
and probably just taper off a bit towards the end.

Which supplement are you taking?

I’m taking 5-Alpha by Forerunner Labs, it’s sublingual epiandrosterone.

Thought I would post an update.

Summary:
I quit finasteride five years ago.
I took the drug for ten years before noticing any side effects.
I quit the drug cold turkey and experienced a ‘crash’ around one month after quitting.

Update:
Symptoms still persist despite quitting the drug five years ago.

I have had some benefits from taking a colon cleanse product containing apple pectin, which seemed to improve my libido.
Now, I’m taking a capsule based product called PectiPure (Swansons brand) which contains modified citrus pectin.

I’ve noticed a further improvement since taking modified citrus pectin… noticeably reduced belly fat and better libido for example.
Seems to work good with intermittent fasting.

Here is some info on Modified citrus pectin and its link with orexin:

selfhacked.com/2014/02/12/how-to … _is_Orexin

Modified citrus pectin is a “GLP-1” increaser.
GLP-1 is a gut hormone that can activate/excite orexin neurons in the hypothalamus (which increases orexin).
It’s possible that GLP-1 could function like orexin and work instead of it:

Orexin, also called hypocretin, is a neurotransmitter that regulates arousal, wakefulness, and appetite.
Narcolepsy is caused by a lack of orexin in the brain due to destruction of the cells that produce it ®.

The orexin system is central to us functioning as productive human beings and being in a good mood.

Orexin increases our metabolism and body temperature, so if you’re feeling cold and tired, low orexin is partly at fault.

Orexin increases hunger, and this works via increased neuropeptide Y expression in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus.

This orexin system interacts with so many other systems of the body, which makes it so important.

High levels of orexin-A cause us to be happier. The incidence of depression is higher in narcolepsy.

Animal models show that low levels of orexin cause obesity -even when they consume fewer calories.

This is a significant factor in why consuming sugar makes us fat. When we eat sugar it causes our blood to spike in sugar. This suppresses orexin, which makes us fatigued and inactive. So instead of burning the calories, we go to sleep.

Orexin and its receptors declines with age.

Orexin causes us to increase oxygen consumption because it increases metabolism

My current protocol:

• Modified citrus pectin daily – to improve orexin levels

• High protein diet (TONNES of lean red meat) – to improve orexin levels

• Low sugar diet – to improve orexin levels

• Yellow maca to improve testosterone levels (taken once or twice a week)

• Taurine for nerve function and better erections (taken once or twice a week)

What condition do you have?
Are you recovered fully?

What was your prolactin level? I am interested in prolactin.