New Member from UK

Something i need to read up on further:

Methylation of 5-AR 2 promoter may account for low or absent expression of 5-AR 2 in some human adult prostate tissues:
ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/2130871 … 12EFS75E.0

Low expression of AR in normal prostate cells can be reversed by adding 5-Aza-2-deoxycytidine (5-AZA), a demethylating agent:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23012352

Update on current regime:

-Methylcobalamin 1000 mcg sublingually
-Methyltetrahydrofolate 800mcg (ActiFolate)
-Pyridoxal-5-phosphate 100mgs (50mgs twice daily)
-Glutathione 250mgs daily

I’m also going to include the following:-

• CoQ10
  • D-Ribose
  • Vitamin D

All this is to help with the methylation cycle:
drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_The_Methylation_Cycle

I would be interested to include a good multivitamin.
If anyone can recommend a good multi vit, please post here.

research into dessicated liver as a multi vitamin substitute.

I’m still taking the Vitamin B12, Pyridoxal-5-phosphate (Vitamin B6), Actifolate and Glutathione 250mgs daily.
I took all of this for several weeks with no improvement.

Then i added in D-Ribose, Sunflower Lecithin & Panthothenic Acid.
At this point i started to see improvement in fatigue and strength. D-Ribose definitely helps me build muscle.
I’m going to continue with this regime for the next few weeks at least.

I’ve also started taking Burdock root (a powerful blood cleanser), which will hopefully help to strengthen my liver.

Update on current regime

• Omega 3 Fish oil daily

• Transdermal progesterone, once every 2 or 3 days.
    To control estrogen dominance. I apply it to my abdomen area.

• Calcium/Magnesium butyrate EOD.
    Butyrate is an antifungal and Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor.
    cfwellness.com/articles/butyrate
    Around 2 to 3 hours after taking butyrate, i experience some shrinkage but then things improve afterwards.
    My sleep and nocturnal erections have improved since starting the calcium/magnesium butyrate.

• Choline bitartrate EOD, on the days that i don’t take butyrate.
    Choline Bitartrate holds a critical role in terms of brain and nerve functions, helping to produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which impacts things like appetite, behavior, memory and mood.
    Read more: What Is Choline Bitartrate? | eHow.com ehow.com/facts_5040245_choli … z2GLsiT5O9

• D-Ribose tablets
    Before/after a workout to help with muscle recovery.

• Multi vit everyday (Multibionta Probiotic)

It will be interesting to see if the butyrate helps me, if taken long term…

Interesting:-

[b]More recent research suggests that Butyrate quells the storm of cytokines that causes inflammation in the brain leading to scarring and cell death. By doing so, it is thought that chronic degenerative diseases like Alzheimers, ALS, and others may be slowed or even reversed.

Butyrate also helps clean the liver, the gall bladder, and biliary tree in the liver. It also helps clean the bowel, helps control ammonia, and removes unwanted “renegade fats”.
[/b]

cfwellness.com/articles/butyrate

Two and a half years off propecia and i can safely say that all my mental side effects have gone and that finally, i feel ‘myself’ again.
Insomnia issues have mostly gone, but sleep quality is still not 100%. I’d say around 80%.

I’ve stopped all supplements except a multivit and berocca every morning. High grade fish oil (omega 3) twice per week.

I am still suffering with sexual side effects…
Today i have started some hydrogen peroxide therapy to help oxygenate my blood cells.
I’m taking a few drops of 3% food grade hyrogen peroxide in a full glass of water, each day.

One guy has had success with and it cured him of impotence completely:
drdavidwilliams.com/hydrogen … z2PVcaGLQq

[b]Hydrogen peroxide oxygenates the tissues, and the mechanisms that promote erections are driven by the level of oxygen available to them. This helps explain why anything that restricts oxygen from reaching the penile tissue—physical injury, diabetes, high blood pressure, smoking, or atherosclerosis—can cause impotency.

Sexual arousal triggers the body to produce nitric oxide, which in turn causes the spongy portion of the penis to relax and fill with blood while simultaneously constricting the veins leading away from the penis. The result is an erection. Research has shown that blood containing higher levels of oxygen causes more nitric oxide to be created. [/b]
Read more: drdavidwilliams.com/hydrogen … z2PVhHnnJz

Any update on the hydrogen peroxide?

I have stopped taking hydrogen peroxide. I was drinking a 1% solution once or twice per week but experienced abdominal discomfort so stopped.

I would advise against taking it, unless under medical supervision.

Hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous to the overall intestinal flora and health of the body:-
candidaplan.com/blog/587/candida … -peroxide/

noniman,

Yeesh, one testimonial says it works, one says it’s dangerous. This seems to be the case with everything.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Hopefully we all find the answer someday.

Matt

I recently ordered some EpiAndro (an epiandrosterone based supplement).

It arrived in the mail today and I’ve taken my first few doses with no adverse effects so far.
I will post another update on progress.

I’ve just started the same using a different brand.

How long is your cycle going to be, and are you intending to use any PCT? I’ve read about people using Clomid afterwards but seems a little extreme.

Danny, assuming i don’t get a bad reaction or nasty side effects, then i’m gonna follow the recommended dosage until the bottle is finished
and probably just taper off a bit towards the end.

Which supplement are you taking?

I’m taking 5-Alpha by Forerunner Labs, it’s sublingual epiandrosterone.

Thought I would post an update.

Summary:
I quit finasteride five years ago.
I took the drug for ten years before noticing any side effects.
I quit the drug cold turkey and experienced a ‘crash’ around one month after quitting.

Update:
Symptoms still persist despite quitting the drug five years ago.

I have had some benefits from taking a colon cleanse product containing apple pectin, which seemed to improve my libido.
Now, I’m taking a capsule based product called PectiPure (Swansons brand) which contains modified citrus pectin.

I’ve noticed a further improvement since taking modified citrus pectin… noticeably reduced belly fat and better libido for example.
Seems to work good with intermittent fasting.

Here is some info on Modified citrus pectin and its link with orexin:

selfhacked.com/2014/02/12/how-to … _is_Orexin

Modified citrus pectin is a “GLP-1” increaser.
GLP-1 is a gut hormone that can activate/excite orexin neurons in the hypothalamus (which increases orexin).
It’s possible that GLP-1 could function like orexin and work instead of it:

Orexin, also called hypocretin, is a neurotransmitter that regulates arousal, wakefulness, and appetite.
Narcolepsy is caused by a lack of orexin in the brain due to destruction of the cells that produce it ®.

The orexin system is central to us functioning as productive human beings and being in a good mood.

Orexin increases our metabolism and body temperature, so if you’re feeling cold and tired, low orexin is partly at fault.

Orexin increases hunger, and this works via increased neuropeptide Y expression in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus.

This orexin system interacts with so many other systems of the body, which makes it so important.

High levels of orexin-A cause us to be happier. The incidence of depression is higher in narcolepsy.

Animal models show that low levels of orexin cause obesity -even when they consume fewer calories.

This is a significant factor in why consuming sugar makes us fat. When we eat sugar it causes our blood to spike in sugar. This suppresses orexin, which makes us fatigued and inactive. So instead of burning the calories, we go to sleep.

Orexin and its receptors declines with age.

Orexin causes us to increase oxygen consumption because it increases metabolism

My current protocol:

• Modified citrus pectin daily – to improve orexin levels

• High protein diet (TONNES of lean red meat) – to improve orexin levels

• Low sugar diet – to improve orexin levels

• Yellow maca to improve testosterone levels (taken once or twice a week)

• Taurine for nerve function and better erections (taken once or twice a week)

What condition do you have?
Are you recovered fully?

What was your prolactin level? I am interested in prolactin.