Never took any 5ar inhibitor and my DHT is a lot lower than normal range while i suffer from PFS like symptoms

I dont know where this comes from. What are the possible reasons for naturally low 5a reductase in your opinion. Could it be high copper or zinc? I dont seem to have a genetic 5ar deficiency since i was born with normal size functional male genitals. I had fully grown and dense chest hair since i was 15. Now chest hair became thinner, leg hair is much thinner. Testicles shrunk and my face became a swolen moonface (these two symptoms resolved themselves). I have anhedonia, low motivation, flattened emotions and low libido, nothing else. I would prefer to get to the root of low 5ar rather than being always on proviron. Thankfully proviron is sold in the pharmacy in my country and i can take it but im afraid this drug will soon be discontinued ad in other countries. Please guys help me.

Can you say a bit more when this all started, what are your lab results, etc? Have you taken any other drugs or supplements?

How much do you weigh and what is your height?

im 1.72m and 85kg

You may have too much estrogen action due to high body fat. If I were you I would try to get as lean as a runner. For your height that’s 60 kg max. Also try to exercise and build muscle. See if that’s gonna help.

Do you have joint pain, penis shrinkage, dry skin, dry hair, reduced skin sensitivity, urinary issues? Try to describe all your symptoms, esp physical ones.

How about prolactin?

High normal. If i had a prolactinoma it would be much much higher than normal, also had an MRI, nothing showed.

1 Like

DHT of 50 can only be explained by lack of 5ar activity to my knowledge, as long as your T is normal. It is a very low reading. I am actually surprised you had it tested as most doctors ignore it.

Did your symptoms develop suddenly or gradually? Did you have an unusual diet?

Yes, either 5ar or 3a-HSD. It would be cool if you could have a test for gene expression.

How is your Progesterone?

Do you get better by any hormonal supplementation?

I havent tried anything yet but my doc would let me try anything. Do you know any 3a-HSD increasing syndrome? Progesterone is 1.3 in the range of 0.05 to 3.9. Masteron would be a good drug (but not legal) since it doesnt break down from 3a.

You said nothing about the physical symptoms.

I dont have any physical symptoms, everything went back to normal except there is some amonia smell under my armpits. At the gym i can gain muscle and strength if hidden under fat. I can lift weights alright but i cant find the motivation to do cardio. Before this i found it boring too but now seems like impossible.

Everything went back to normal since when? What wasn’t normal before? You said you have testicle shrinkage. You are not not providing enough details for a complete and clear picture.

Ok, this is a somewhat messy picture but I am going to say this. I read your old posts and I saw that you got scurvy? Seriously, mate? You have internet so I assume you don’t live in Ethiopia, so how do you get scurvy? It is obvious your diet was as unhealthy as it gets. You need to fix your diet and get in shape. Lose the weight, start working out, etc. Cut the sugar!

If none of this helps, you may have issues with 5ar. There are studies showing a third of older men lack expression of 5ar in prostate. This may be something that happens with age or as a result of lifestyle. We have seen lots of people on PH who have gotten PFS from things other than 5a inhibitors.

If you have PFS, it is not clear yet how this can be fixed. Exercise will not hurt for sure. I am myself hoping I will get better with exercise and I am trying to do it regularly. It is not easy in our state. You will have to force yourself.

1 Like

Lol, i made a lot of jokes about scurvy too. I may not live in Ethiopia but I am a pirate. Well the bad diet started after i developed this issue and not before. I just want to ask is it possible that i am experiencing this as a side effect of low Dht and when i get proviron it will disappear? Because theoritically it is as if i am on finasteride still.

Any drug man. You said psychiatric medication? That could have done it. What drug you took?

I took these drugs LONG AFTER i had symptoms. Not before. I tried ssri, didn’t work. Anti psychotics made me feel like dirt, i couldn’t move out of the bed, it is worse feeling you can imagine. Snri works a bit by reducing anxiety and numbing your negativity, also reduces my aggressive behavior. I don’t have suicidal ideation but im very irritable and angry. I couldn’t restrain my anger. Lamotrigine made less angry, less lethargic and more energetic, closer to myself. Plus this drug doesnt cause weight gain or reduce libidio. I also used mirtazapine, awesome sleep but nothing else, also it increases 3a hsd so better not take it. Thats all. I consider trying test or proviron. But first i want to discover why do i have low Dht? One of these days ill have my blood drawn to confirm that Dht is low.

It is possible to have taken mitrazapine the night before i take the blood work before. That increased 3a hsd and lowered dht but im not sure that it could have driven dht that low.

Can anyone else help me?

It was the drugs you’ve taken, most likely the SSRI or Aromatase inhibitor. Side effects can happen at anytime, no mystery here, it was the drugs.