Never took any 5ar inhibitor and my DHT is a lot lower than normal range while i suffer from PFS like symptoms

Again, i took these drugs LONG AFTER, i developed symptoms. Is it hard to understand or you are trying to make me crazy?

1 Like

I sounds like there must have been something you took, even unwittingly.

So you have never used rogaine / regaine / minoxidil shampoo?

Have you ever taken any herbal substance at all that was intended to prevent hairloss, or for any other use? I am just wondering if it could have contained saw palmetto and you simply didnā€™t know.

No acne medication, no antidepressants, nothing at all ever before you got sick? Even years beforehand.

I didnt take any medication for acne i had some mild acne when i was a teenager, then i asked my mother if a accutane exists why doesnt everyone take it even if they have mild acne. She told me because it affects your male hormones, i freaked out and said no fuckin way am i going to try this. I could imagine that a permanent damage like this could happen if you disrupt your natural male characteristics development.

It seems that most of you have normal dht levels but your dht is not well absorbed by your tissues or your brain. This is a thing ive seen in many official studies, that serum dht doesnt correlate with the dht in different tissues.I also think low allopregnenalone is just a symptom not the cause of our problems. People with low T have been getting symptoms like ours but they have normal allopregnenalone levels. Also ive heard many of the suffering from something like post low testosterone symptoms since they cant solve their problems even after trt. Thats why some people are talking now about androgen deprivation or hormonal deprivation that can make permanent changes in you.

Oh my bad.

Hm, Iā€™m not sure then. Could just be bad luck with genetics.

You said lamotrigine made you closer to yourself. Why did you end it then? Giving the brain some great fuel is a good thing from my experience atleast

People often say psych drugs cause pfs. I would say there are psych drugs which reverses many difficult symptoms, even hormonal and a bad taper may be the culprit in many pfs cases. Ssri isnt a great thing though
The brain is a very strong player in the hormonal game.

I donā€™t think Lamotrigine causes any problem. And i didnā€™t stop it, im still on it. Because alcohol sometimes brings pre pfs instantly im going to try to find an anticonvulsant that blocks the same channels as alcohol. Whats your reaction to alcohol?

Great. I believe youre on the right track when calming the brain.

Ive been on mianserin and switched to very very low dose risperidone (0,5 mg) so i havent drinked alcohol due possible interactions, so i dont know unfornately.
However i improve when my brain slows down a bit

Interesting thing you mentioned mirtazapin may lower dht. When i took 30 mg mirtazapin i got insomnia from dht inhibiting foods

Yes i used mirtazapine to help me sleep despite not having insomnia, it just improved the quality of sleep, (also after i developed symptoms) pretty good for sleep. I think about it too but i cant remember if i took mirtazapine the day before the DHT blood test, but for sure i was taking letrozol (aromatase inhibitor). So i had another blood test before some days and my dht levels came back low normal, i am very satisfied with the results. Ill propably try 20gr of creatine as someone here said that he had great results in raising his dht. Look, i tried risperidone too, made me feel like a zombie and great dysporia after i raised the dosage, risperidone may look like you have some improved but when i stopped it completely i noticed i felt much better without it. I suspect that alcohol is acting through NMDA inhibiting action, so im going to try to nmda antagonists or something, they are neuroprotective and pretty safe. A lot of people here dont feel tipsy after alcohol consumption , probably because their NMDA receptors are already hypoactive so alcohol doesnt make much difference. So feeling tipsy is a good indication, because this would mean that your receptors are hyperactive. I think hyperactive and hypoactive NMDA receptors can cause similar symptoms as in the low T and low E2 cause similar symptoms too. If you get very drunk you have a great chance that your symptoms will subside in an instant and this will last for quite a while maybe 1 hour or 2. Long story short, according to my interpretation that needs further investigation and experimentation, my NMDA receptors are antagonized or inhibited by alcohol. If you want to try something similar please consult your neurologist, if the are no side effects it worths a try.

Interesting information you give.

I will remember some have warned a bit about creatine. But you havent take propecia and hopefully you then respond in a better way but you seem to have done a great research.
Avoiding dht inhibiting food can maybe be an idea.

What dose of risperidone you came up to?
The thing is it works very different depending on dosage and a fast uptitration can cause problems.
Many doctors only increase the dose or throw in more drugs if everything isnt great unfornately. Ive had so much problems and I cant really throw away my improvements on this. However the drug is directed towards me and very good monitored regarding dosage and what time i take it, so others even here may be hurt by it. This is not against you but many here discredite drugs without tested drugs. They are risky and people dont try them like every drug was ssri.
At the same time we read about a lots of crashes on tribulus, progesterone and you name it. I dont understand why treatments towards the brain doesnt get more place.

In detail i cant say so much about your information because its a bit over my knowledge but both too much of any thing and the opposite seems to lead to problems. I readed about a case for example with one who had impotence etc but had too high testo and dht and improved when decreasing androgens.

1 Like

Thats great but for people that suffer from anhedonia, it might get worse because risperidone is a dopamine antagonist. You are right brain must get more attention. Even if we canā€™t find a systemic solution we can still try to manage our symptoms and improve the quality of our lives. Ill try some stuff i have in mind and update.

1 Like

Update: I think I found out why I had low DHT in the first medical exam. The night before, in order to sleep well, I may have taken mirtazapine I used to do this to sleep better. Mirtazapine increases 3a-HSD that tranforms DHT to adiol. So this may be the reason. Mirtazapine didnt cause any symptoms, I had the symptoms before that. My dht is still on the low side. Right now my self diagnosis is that I had low T (when I had small testicles and body hair loss) and i never properly recovered due to mid range T and low DHT. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064044/ . This study supports my theory. I talked to a doctor, he said I should start trt but i dont like his protocol so Ill find someone else and I prefer to try proviron since it wont shut down my natural T if I use it short term. Also what i really need to recover is DHT. Also when i get a chance I will try the other medication I mentioned above.