Natural compounds that increase 5AR activity

voices.yahoo.com/how-increase-prostate-size-8373415.html

The important parts…

In my 6 years now of being an asexual eunuch, the one product that has made me fell 100% normal again sexually contained Tribulus.

Good post, nice find.

When you think over the years Trib comes up time and time again in anechdotal recovery stories.

The important part is that most tribulus products are standardized for “steroid saponins” but not neccessarily “protodioscin”.

Untill you try a trib product standardized for at least 20% protodioscin u cannot rule it out.

thanjs for this info. are u still seeing benefits from tribulus or have these gone now. in terms of being asexual do u not fine women at all attractive any more or have u just list your libido

Exactly what i was thinking

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12804079

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0024320502018581

Can anyone find a reliable looking source for 60% stuff? i came across these

ebay.co.uk/itm/60-Tabs-Bulgarian-Tribulus-Terrestris-60-Protodioscin-/140481629008?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item20b55b8b50#ht_1824wt_1098

super-smart.eu/article.pl?id=0579&lang=en&fromid=GG132&gclid=CNaI0-mS6KwCFQEMfAodIkqJNw

i have not tried taking it in a year or so. i have been like this for almost 7 years now. the very first year this happened i was able to take the product and even though the first time it took 2-3 weeks before it started working, i was able to fell 100% normal for 2-3 months. the effects would wear off so i began to cycle it 4-5 weeks on/off. everything was great. slowly though it would be less and less effective and i would need to cycle off for even longer. last summer i took it and felt 100% amazing again for 1 day then it disappeared an nipples got puffy. i think i may have tried it again 5 months ago but noting happened and nipples just got puffy. i know for a fact my body is a lot more sensitive to e2 that it used to be.

as far as asexual…just libido. i find women very attractive.

Thermolife Tribostan

Barlow’s
ebay.com/itm/TRIBULUS-TERRESTRIS-40-PROTODIOSCIN-90-TOTAL-SAPONINS-/220599475822

Dymatize Z-Force
This is the one I used, but as far as I know it has been on back-order for a long time now.

barlowesherbalelixirs.com/catalog10.html

Can we get a few people trying this? it’s cheap and it shows some promise; 2 recoveries with mentions of tribulus in the recovery section and a 2-3 month period of normality for moonman (that is crazy btw).

Am i the only one who thinks that with cheap, easily accessible stuff like this, we should get a few people together to try it and report back with results? or say there is a few ‘hyped’ supplements which many of us would be interested to see the effects of, we could assign 1-2 people to each supplement and those people must report back with results. It’s cheap and we are likely to at least come away with a few solid band aids.

I agree, I may try it in the near future again, but I am currently trying to keep my E2 under control since I went back on TRT.

BlueCloud, give it a few weeks to work. The first time I took it, it took 2-3 weeks before I even began to notice anything.

FWIW, the specific product that I used was Dymatize Z-Force. It is like $9 for a 120 capsule bottle. The suggested dose is 8 pills daily, but I took just 4 pills before bed every night. I have never tried Tribosten or Barlows.

This is an interesting thread. I did a little research and it seems many Tribulus products have little or none of the active ingredient “protodioscin”. I’m not sure of it’s validity, but bodybuilding.com claims independent testing done showing Thermolife’s Tribosten being certfied as having 20% protodioscin. Unfortunately, this looks really expensive. If you take the max dose, 1 bottle will only last 10 days.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/thermo/trib.html?MCID=F-PRICEG

As far as Barlowes, great price but the certificate of analysis appears to be from the same Chinese supplier that sold it. Hmmm…wonder what an independent test would show?

Nothing new here. these stuff has been in use for centuries in ayurvedic medicine in India, pakistan, Banglades, Sri lanka etc.

Wouldn’t cyclying these supplements (along with creatine+extensive workout) for an extended period of time be an obvious protocol? We got in this mess by lowering DHT levels ~50% for weeks/months/years. Wouldn’t raising DHT levels ~%50 for weeks/months years help us break out of this? We know that our problem is not “low DHT”, but how our cells adapted to consistently low DHT levels. They developed a counterreaction do DHT.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987709002916

If our AR’s adapted to low DHT couldn’t they adapt to high DHT?

It’s shocking that a search result for Eucammia only shows this thread considering Euccammia is the only supplement known to directly affect the known problem.

biomedcentral.com/1472-6882/7/3

Try creatinine. The stuff bodybuilders use. It increases DHT production.

journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed/pages/articleviewer.aspx?year=2009&issue=09000&article=00009&type=abstract

I tried it the last few days. Made me skin and hair greasier already. Going to stop it. It (like other DHT increasing products) makes my pelvic pain worse and subsequently this affects me and although i can get more horny i feel much worse as the pain is more continuous.

I no longer believe androgen resistance is MY problem as my body responds to testosterone and DHT and feels worse when increasing them. Also PAIN is not a feature of resistance.

Makes sense your body is not responding well to it.

My question is, why not keep going desipite it giving you problems? Fin gave lots of people problems on the drug but kept going (on Merck’s insistance.) We know this problem is at a cellular level. Our cells are not responding to DHT properly, effectively making us feel like we have no DHT at all (despite normal levels of DHT) Why not raise DHT until our cells have no choice but to respond properly? Put stress on the cell. It either dies or adapts. Shouldn’t it adapt to high DHT in a similar way it adapted to low DHT?

1 Like

My point is this - in MY case i have no reason to believe DHT is not working properly. I have done a lot of reading about the epigenetic theory and although i feel it may hold relevance to some of us there is no evidence in my case. Normal androgenic actions, normal hair loss, etc…

Increasing DHT gives me the effects of increasing DHT in a normal person except causes MORE prostate discomfort making me systemically feel much worse. I have nothing to gain from supraphysiological levels of DHT.

Oh god!! Stay away from creatine dudes! If you use the search feature in these forums, you’ll find that it doesn’t work for anyone here. Despite this, i did it almost RIGHT after crashing with PFS and it actually reversed lot of my symptons… only to f*ck me up pretty badly later on. You can read it all from my own Member Stories-topic.

Yeah, I’m not suprised - it also increased pelvic area and testicle pains for me (read up my story!!) and after my cycles with it, my semen turned also yellowish. So I believe there is a strong indication that for some reason, creatine increases inflammation/infection? in the prostate. This much is certain by now. I don’t know if the same would happen to healthy people using creatine - maybe people’s prostatitis symptons get worse but they don’t pay attention to the small clues or something, idk.

Has anyone else tried Safed Musli ?
and would anybody be interested in trying it?

I have just started taking it and it seems to work very well - around half an hour after taking my daily dose i experience libido and strong erections.
I intend to take it daily for the next few days and will provide another update.

What brand did you use? I’ll order some right away.

noniman,
can you tell me more about Safed Musli? Sorry if it is asked somewhere…I have not read the whole thread.

I am not recommending any particular brand, but it was the Ayurvita brand that i bought from India.
I think it took around 10 days to reach the UK.

I have PM’ed you a link to the website where i bought it.