Name up to three things that have helped relieve your pfs symptons the most?

1. Time
  2. Weight Lifting/Exercise
  3. Attitude/Acceptance (Adopt a warrior mindset. Make the decision to push through and it will get better, I promise)
5 Likes

ketogenic diet
Weight lifting
Tribulus

2 Likes

Well they wouldn’t cancel the order. jeez. oh well.

Agree this is helped for me, but I have what some have termed as the “cognitive shift”, basically a visual/perceptual disconnect between brain and eyes. Like you’re on some hardcore drug 24/7. For that specific side effect nothing has helped :frowning:

That was the most difficult thing to overcome but honestly time took care of that one for me. Started improving there after a couple of years. I try not to think about when it was at its worst. Hope you improve as well, hang in there.

3 Likes

Thank you that means a lot

1 Like
  1. Sport
  2. Meditation
  3. meeting new people
1 Like

1 - Amitriptylene (not long term, risky.)
2 - NAC/TUDCA (tiny little bit.)

I only got two.

EDIT - BUT WAIT! Yesterday I was, well, bad. Very bad. SO bad in fact that at the start of my gym session I had some pre-workout, which I haven’t had in months. Within 30 minutes I shot from 30% to about 70%. Flippin’ amino acids and caffeine. That’s my new number 3. Effects lasted until this morning!

If there is a God, he definitely throws bones when I’m really on the brink.

I do also recall 5aDHP being a godsend at the start.

Have you tried direct glutathione injections in addition to NAC? I’ve been seriously debating trying this. Glutathione is the master antioxidant in the body

I haven’t I must say. Tried liposomal glutathione before and it’s THE MOST disgusting thing in this universe. It didn’t do any good I noticed over the fortnight I took it.

as in dont take maca root stuff like that?

this would be my choices right now too. do you apply benzos/ drugs on a regular basis?

yes I do unfortunately.

yeah…im on zopiclone too and it loses effectifness. i consider bridging the time until sage217 is released with a real benzo with solid half live…because sleep is all matters to me.
have u tried the lavender-extract stuff ? it could be helping ,but beeing another estrogenic substance it comes at a price

Can we keep this going. Really need some motivation

1 Like

Bit further down the road now, I’ll add:

• Saint John’s Wort. Give it a week or two. Feel “odd” but better. Wore off after a week or two of stopping. Only helped mentally.

• RU486 helped while I was on it but got a mad rash and I think lost a little sensitivity once I came off it.

• I think the snapback from licorice root and kudzu root helped too, but that’s DEFINITELY on the danger list…

To keep this thread going I’m going to add another 3 things…

carnitine 2g / day: helps my fatigue and muscle weakness tremendously

jogging and sprinting: improves mood, energy, leg and core muscles

reuteri 6475: immediate improvement in mood, aggression, sociability, skin tone

3 Likes
  1. trib
  2. tongkat
  3. arginine
2 Likes

Some of the Aromatose inhibitor stories sound as bad as PFS , I think you’re right here - my doc tried giving me that for the gyno but I’m avoiding like the plague!

1 Like
  1. Amitriptyline.
    ended up using only for a month cycle in the end but I’m open to using again . Once I used this something changed in this PFS journey for me . All I can say is it made me feel more ‘normal’ in terms of thoughts, feelings , sleep , chronic pain has been neutralized plus developed thoughts about sex/romance/desire (not libido as such but the thought of pursuing a relationship for romance and bonding - all that ‘warm’ feeling soppy crap that I had previously lost totally )
    *TCA like this might not be for everyone , speak to doctor and find out for yourself if it’s right for you .

2. Gym (weights) and running
    It’s difficult here of finding a balance and building up slow as initially it did seem to make me feel worse if i exercised too much . Once you’re on a plateau you can increase and I’m in a good spot now . Gyno has been totally knocked out from doing bench presses and a dip machine for 9 months . Helps with sleep and adenosine release for the end of the day.
    Also a big one here …seeing your body change over time on the outside for the better , I knew it was a matter of time before it changed on the inside too .

3 . CBD oil
Great for relieving some anxiety here and there for sleep onset and also can help sometimes with pain . Nothing on the level of Amitriptyline for me but at the same time it helped and felt slightly more benign than using a pharmaceutical sleep aid or pain killer