My mental symptoms nearly recovered

Hello people, I have never created an account until now, only because Ive been suffering and desperate for hope and recovery stories and because it happened to me, i needed to share it here.
I have taken finasteride a couple of times but could never tolerate it, because of the mental side effects. I took dutasteride mesotherapy in the last year, 0.1mg was inyected in my scalp. One hour later I started feeling weird, like emotionally. The next day I had brain fog , like an emocional impairment, and difficulty to hold conversations. This lasted for 5 days and fade away, so I tought " oh yeah, I do this every 2 months, only suffer 5 days and keep my hair, I can do it" Next month I went to do the same, 0.1mg on my scalp, same sides appear, the difference this time is that they never went away.
The first month I had 1 episode when I didnt recognize the World and my surroundings, really strange, and heavy brain fog. I wouldnt do calculations, work in an excell, think sharp
Also no morning erections
The next 3 months I recovered doing sport and no slcohol, magnesium , to a minimal degree. I found that if I took 1 beer my brain fog dissapear and I could feel joy again, for my friend, my past, my future travels. The same when I took 0.25mg clonazepam.
On month 5 I started feeling extremely fatigued, and cold! Cold feet, hands, feeling weak , no energy. This lasted 2 months and progressively recovering of this and brain fog
On month 7, recovered from tiredness, and partiallys from brain fog, brain fog came back hard one day, totally randomly.
I had brain fog at work, with my gf, couldnt concéntrate. This time brain fog was different, like a physicam sensación of brain congestion, dificulty with coping and procesing what I was lookikg at. This lasted for 3 months, and I noticed it easied on nights, and after working out. The rest of tje day ALL DAY!
10 month mark, I tried testosterone at low dose, made me extremelly horny and wantwd to have sex all time, so I quit it because my gf was struggling with my sex drive. No good for brain fog. I tried fasting for 6 days, it totally remove my brain fog and gave me extra clarity, more than baseline, but it came again when I resumed eating.
11 month :, after this, something changed: the brain fog remained but head pressure dissapeared, it was less severe. At this time I had intermitent brain fog episodes, like half of the day, and then relieves at night. Morning erection came back!
12 month : all the best happened here, the brain fog episodes became less frecuent During day, triggered after coffe drinking, or stress, or randomly, but short duration.
Now : I get like 1 episode a week, generally stress related, and my mind works at 60% During that episodes. The rest of the time at 90-100%. I had never sexual issues, only the morning wood. Now I drink only 1 pint of beer a week, work hard, try to enjoy my girlfriend, family and friends. What I think it helped me the MOST are the positive thinkings, and feeling JOY! Thibking about the future , taking shelter of a hard Rain on the Middle of the road, travelling with my motorcycle, meeting my friends abroad, or hanging with girls I always liked but never asked out, things like that! I wanted to give hope, the thing I needed and looked for when I came here, 1 hour per day, to read experiences. Hoping the best for you all. I think the most of us will recover! Meanwhile, dont stop doing what you like. Feeling like this I met my girlfriend, feeling like this I met some new friends, travelled on my motorcycle, enjoyed what I COULD!
I will come here from time to time to report and answer anything

What I forgot: medical profesionales all dismissed my experience and treat me like I had depression and anxiety, only 1 psiquiatrist believed me

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: My story and almost recovery!