Srvblues' Member Story

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
LatinAmerican
How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
Google
What is your current age, height, weight?
33, 78kg, 176cm
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? Finasteride in the past, Dutasteride mesotherapy

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
0.1mg in scalp once, 0.1 mg one month later
What condition was being treated with the drug?
Mpb
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
2 months
Date when you started the drug?
12/2021
Date when you quit the drug?
1/2022
Age when you quit?
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Cold turkey
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
1hour
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Almost recovered after one year of brain fog
Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[X ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[X ] Confusion
[ x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[X ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[X ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[X ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[X ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ x] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ x] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[X ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ x] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
Tried low dose testosterone, magnessium, hydrocortisone, selenium, iodine
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)

My testosterone was higher probable because of the drug at the beggining. Then it came down but my estrogen remained augmentated in relation to the past, but between normal range

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Hello people, I have never created an account until now, only because Ive been suffering and desperate for hope and recovery stories and because it happened to me, i needed to share it here.
I have taken finasteride a couple of times but could never tolerate it, because of the mental side effects. I took dutasteride mesotherapy in the last year, 0.1mg was inyected in my scalp. One hour later I started feeling weird, like emotionally. I knew the sensation because i had with finasteride.The next day I had brain fog , like an emocional impairment, and difficulty to hold conversations. This lasted for 5 days and fade away, so I tought " oh yeah, I do this every 2 months, only suffer 5 days and keep my hair, I can do it" Next month I went to do the same, 0.1mg on my scalp, same sides appear, the difference this time is that they never went away.
The first month I had 1 episode when I didnt recognize the World and my surroundings, really strange, and heavy brain fog. I wouldnt do calculations, work in an excell, think sharp
Also no morning erections
The next 3 months I recovered doing sport and no slcohol, magnesium , to a minimal degree. I found that if I took 1 beer my brain fog dissapear and I could feel joy again, for my friend, my past, my future travels. The same when I took 0.25mg clonazepam.
On month 5 I started feeling extremely fatigued, and cold! Cold feet, hands, feeling weak , no energy. This lasted 2 months and progressively recovering of this and brain fog
On month 7, recovered from tiredness, and partiallys from brain fog, brain fog came back hard one day, totally randomly.
I had brain fog at work, with my gf, couldnt concéntrate. This time brain fog was different, like a physicam sensación of brain congestion, dificulty with coping and procesing what I was lookikg at. This lasted for 3 months, and I noticed it easied on nights, and after working out. The rest of the day, ALL DAY!
10 month mark, I tried testosterone at low dose, made me extremelly horny and wantwd to have sex all time, so I quit it because my gf was struggling with my sex drive. No good for brain fog. I tried fasting for 7 days, it totally remove my brain fog and gave me extra clarity, more than baseline, but it came again when I resumed eating.
11 month :, after this, something changed: the brain fog remained but head pressure dissapeared, it was less severe. At this time I had intermitent brain fog episodes, like half of the day, and then relieves at night. Morning erection came back!
12 month : all the best happened here, the brain fog episodes became less frecuent During day, triggered after coffe drinking, or stress, or randomly, but short duration.
Now (13 month) : I get like 1 episode a week, generally stress related, and my mind works at 60% During that episodes. The rest of the time at 90-100%. I had never very hard sexual issues, only the morning wood. Now I drink only 1 pint of beer a week, work hard, try to enjoy my girlfriend, family and friends. What I think it helped me the MOST are the positive thinkings, and feeling JOY! Thibking about the future , taking shelter of a hard Rain on the Middle of the road, travelling with my motorcycle, meeting my friends abroad, or hanging with girls I always liked but never asked out, things like that! I wanted to give hope, the thing I needed and looked for when I came here, 1 hour per day, to read experiences. Hoping the best for you all. I think the most of us will recover! Meanwhile, dont stop doing what you like. Feeling like this I met my girlfriend, feeling like this I met some new friends, travelled on my motorcycle, enjoyed what I COULD!
I will come here from time to time to report and answer anything

What I forgot: medical proffesionals all dismissed my experience and treat me like I had depression and anxiety, only 1 psiquiatrist believed me.

Edited because it was merged by mod

Your story is so important. We cant only get pfs from oral dosis. We also can from topical finas/dutasteride and even from mesotherapy.

Por cierto, un saludo, por el corrector se nota que eres español! :slight_smile:

No! I think its based on the systemic exposure, which I had because I felt sides!
Saludos para vos también! :grin:

are you good now? you never noticed changes in your genitals like fllat skin and wrinkled penis skin?