My head hurts like hell, is ibuprofen safe? [pinkiller general?]

Since I wake up today my head aches terribly, but I don’t want to take anything, I really don’t want to get worse in the long term and I read ibuprofen messes with your hormones; my cognition has just recently started to improve, I don’t want to go back to where I was.
Is there anything else I can take to calm this pain? I literally can’t move or my head starts hurting.

1 Like

Also, before I wake up with the terribly head ache today, I felt like I couldn’t breathe while I was sleeping, maybe that’s related to this situation.

I need help, i’m in the brink of tears from the pain, I can’t do anything. I’m also home alone.

@Call_Me_Fighter
Some of my worst headaches can be tamed by “Migraine Relief” OTC pills, which are simply a combo of aspirin and acetaminophen with a bit of caffeine. The caffeine supposedly helps the other two work harder together than either would separately. Just my experience, not giving medical advice.

Hoping your pain abates soon, Jim

1 Like

The “safest” pain killer is acetaminophen (Paracetamol). It’s not 100% harmless but it’s the lesser evil among pain meds.

Also as @JimWildman pointed out, caffeine can help in some cases. It’s actually thought to help with migraines due to vasoconstricton in the brain. I used to have migraines and always felt like a regular coke could take the edge off. Something with the sugar and caffeine combo.

Other than that, laying in a dark room with shut eyes usually works to minimize the pain. In my experience it always go away after sleeping and / or after resting in said room for enough time.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, i’ll keep it in mind.

I’d give it a day, I usually feel better after sleeping it off. Hope it gets better.

It was a pain in the whole head, whenever I moved it or moved my eyes.
It was probably a side effect of the keto diet, I looked it up and it’s common if your body is not used to ketosis:

Welp, such a shame, I think keto was helping a lot, but seems like I won’t be able to follow it strictly anymore.

1 Like

I’ve been taking ibuprofen for over a year for my chronic headaches. For me 800mg has helped somewhat, anything less barely did anything. They have become a crutch in my life as the headaches always comeback.

Be really careful with that. Although Ibuprofen might be OTC is not safe to consume in those quantities for that amount of time…

If you have that kind of headaches you should really try to find any underlying cause.

I wish I could, I went to a neurologist and took an mri and it came back normal. I never got a real diagnosis and the doctors just tell me that I’m just stressed or it just in my head, it fucking sucks.

He probably means specifically the headaches.

Anyways, I like the idea of the thread being used as a general for the discussion of painkillers in relationship with this disease. I think it’s useful for everyone to have a space of discussion for it.
Regarding my headache, it went away on its own after starting eating normally again. This time I did not use any kind of painkiller, but next time I repeat the diet I might consider it if it reachs suchs levels again.

So do you recommend keto or not? What did it help with and what did it not help with? thanks

Well, I would of course reccomend you to try it out, but firstly, I can’t guarantee any positive results and secondly, you risk the possibility of suffering the same headache I did, which you might look out after.
That being said, in my personal experience it did help a little bit with my symptoms, which are mostly mental, but even (and excuse the indiscretion) my genitalia kinda looks more healthy and not so shrunked now.
This keto diet idea was not mine, many here say that it has helped them with their condition; honestly it seems like the closest thing we’ve got to a therapy, along with excersise. I belive I mentioned it in my member story too, if you want more details.
If you try it out, be aware, your family will think you went nuts, lol

I kinda already have a headache at the moment so i don’t think it can get much worse.

Does Keto help with headaches and inflammation etc? were you reacting badly to specific foods, was there a reason you went on it?

Ha! Today I was talking to some people and it seems we have an epidemic of some sickness that produces headaches, among some other things I also suffered from, so maybe it was not the keto diet after all and was part of that illness that seems so common (we are in winter here); though I also suffered from an awful taste in my muth while I was passing through that headache, which is another posible secondary effect of the diet according to many sources. Mmhhh… very strange, very strange…
That being said, no, I don’t think it can be used to treat headaches, in my experience it just helps with mental clarity and sexual symptoms a bit, though I have no long term experiences with it.

i take ibuprofen and tylenol when needed without a problem. that said - you might not have the same success so be careful. i dont see a reason why it would be harmful though

i do keto diets from time to time and i have a few tricks to ease into it without going into a full blown “keto flu” that you experienced

• electrolytes and water. lack these and you’ll have more reasons to get a headache and fever while doing keto

that being said, keto adaption itself brings the symptoms so for that:

• ease into the carb reduction OR staggar the carb elimination

for example:

easing carbs:

day 1: 150grams carbs
day 2: 100 grams carbs
day 3: 75 grams carbs
day 4: 50 grams carbs

note, when you go sub 100 grams carbs, you’ll start to be in ketosis at a mechanical level (no you dont have to be extreme with sub 20 grams per day only, thats for optimal fat loss or something, and not sure how true it is)

staggar carb consumption:

day 1: 20 grams or less
day 2: 150 grams carbs
day 3: 20 grams carbs
day 4: 100 grams carbs

etc

you can experiement with both methods and find your sweet spots. once you ease into it youi’ll be able to either get rid of carbs completley or be very low carb as youd like without experiencing the flu

1 Like

Woah man, very useful post, thank you!

1 Like