My final push for a cure

I have to stress this on my posts. For those who don’t know my story I basically went on a crash diet in 2016 and developed pfs like symptoms (numb genitals, loss of libido and erections, numb orgasm, low semen volume and force, strange body odor, dry eyes itchy eyes, mouth ulcers, bloating, yeast infection on penis, itchiness , restless legs and more.

I have seen various doctors with no diagnosis. I finally decided to ask about my penis glans that always has these spots on them. It appears another user has them , and it has to do with yeast (maybe candida) I believe my/our issues are to the a pathogen/gut issue. I mentioned I did take hydrocortisone cream (steroid based) for a fungal rash since I was 10 (I am 25 now) I think I remember my doctor saying to only use a “dab” of it when I had the rash. Well the cream never worked for me, but I would come back every 2-3 years to try it again. When I hit 20 I was starting to get more self consious about these rashes on my thighs, buttocks, and biceps that I put alot more on my thighs. I think this damaged my gut somehow.

I discovered yesterday to google image candida symptoms and came across the following.

Mouth Ulcers
Itchy genitals
itchy eyes
bloating
General Itchiness
fatigue

I HAVE ALL OF THESE SYMPTOMS

"Candida is a fungus that mutates and develops resistance towards treatment.

Candida gets access into the bloodstream and colonizes in the sinus cavities ( causing chronic sinusitis), other glands, and other organs in the body, including the skin and the brain.

Candida binds to certain hormones, altering their shape so they’re no longer able to fit into their receptors ( leads to severe hormone imbalances).

Candida creates a biofilm around itself. This biofilm allows Candida to grow while protecting it from the immune system. In other words, Candida uses its biofilm to suppress or activate the immune response of the host to adjust its environment.

Candida needs alkalinity to survive. When it finds itself in an environment that is too acidic, like gastrointestinal tract, Candida will release ammonia to lower the PH of the environment.

An overgrowth of Candida causes anxiety, depression, ADHD, and multiple other mental health disorders. This is because candida releases toxins that can impair neurotransmitter production and neurotransmitter function a disrupt brain functioning. moods, thoughts, feelings, and reactions to the environment can be profoundly influenced by Candida."

Source: http://www.freedomage.in/fungal-infections-and-gut-health/

1 Like

TOXIC END PRODUCTS OF CANDIDA:

** These Include uric acid and acetaldehyde. Excessive uric acid can lead to kidney stones, gout, and metabolic acidosis . Candida loves an alkaline environment, it can cause the body to be extremely acidic in the blood and all over the body outside the Candida biofilm.*
** The carbon dioxide that yeast produces can damage the nervous system and the cardiovascular system.*
** Acetaldehyde is a neurotoxin that affects brain, nervous system and every other internal organ. It damages red blood cells which cause reduced capacity of blood to carry oxygen.*
** Acetaldehyde combines with two key neurotransmitters in the brain, serotonin, and dopamine. Together they form tetrahydro-isoquinolines, which closely resemble opiates in structure and function. Tetrahydro-isoquinolines cause an opiate-like high. This is one of the causes of sugar addiction that occurs with Candida overgrowth, and the tetrahydro-isoquinolines also fuel addiction to alcohol and other drugs and addictive behaviors.*

Anyone else have elevated uric acid?

@Bigpoppa10040 @betweenjobs

Isn’t increase of uric acid a sign of gout?

1 Like

thats all you took from this post?? My doctor didnt seem to worried about my uric acid levels…

I swear on my life I never took fin/accutane/ssri yet I have these symptoms ffs… Something else is going on… I have low dht? I read someone on this forum linked low dht with poor gut health.

Could be anything and everything. Go to a good doctor instead of asking on the forum that has nothing to do with your issue as you’ve not taken any of the drugs.

1 Like

This is complete quackery. I can’t comment on the other proposed pathologies of candida mentioned in that article but the above doesn’t even make sense. These asshats contrive nonsense to make money off of people who are too unlearned about biology or chemistry to call them out on it.

Don’t take this as an insult. I also used to find information like this and think I had figured it all out. You would do yourself a huge favor by picking up a few textbooks to learn the basics as a shield against dubious medical advice.

Also, if you believe you share the same condition as us post-drug patients, there is a long history of members here treating themselves as if they had a candida overgrowth. You can probably guess what the results were.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/search?q=candida

4 Likes

@dubya_b no offense , but what books?! Books from the doctors who can not find out whats wrong with you? Book from authors who said your drug was safe to take? Im confused?

I share 99% sexual symptoms with pfs users and I can find examples of others all over the internet. They clearly state that it is odd that they have symptoms soo similar to pfs yet they have not taken finasteride. The drug does something else to your body.

Why not try a different approach? Other then typical western medicine? Clearly it does not have the answers to your or my problems. I see many times people on here telling people to donate to some kind of foundation. But for what? I have spent close to $2000 dollars on private doctors visits. Its a complete joke. They are incompetent.

I have a few questions for you, I hope you will answer.

1. Do you believe this condition is permanent?
  2. Would you agree that there are people with same “syndrome” who did not take these drugs
  3. Why do I share similar symptoms with you guys when I never took the drug? My total t is 650, dht is low at 176 (350-950)
3 Likes

Also I found it strange that most people that bring up the gut or liver are either banned or have not returned here in years (I wonder why)

Im not trying to sound smart, rude etc… But what authority do you have to just call something quackery? Especially when you do not have the answer?

I for one can not call anything quackery. If somebody told me drinking semen from a horse, while snapping my fingers will cure me I will not call it quackery. I simply do no know and im definately not in the position to say that.

Multiple things can cause PSSD. Your DHT is low. Significantly so. Have you tried getting your DHT up?

well why is it low? Haven’t gotten any answers for that? In fact the doctors you guys hold in such high regard have told me that dht is useless?

I have been told that I should quit playing sports due to my spina bifida (I didnt even know I had it until last year :joy: :rofl:

should I go on?

I really hope that didn’t come out as disrespectful. Seriously though… I know I am ill! Apparently I should feel soo healthy, and all my bloods are fine (even though I have low dht, e2, high cholesterol, uric acid, billirubin, dhea-s)

skip to the 6 min mark…

can you skip to the mark where you take the survey? please

2 Likes

@lakehouse I was 1/3 through the survey but gave up. it kept asking questions like how long after taking finasteride did your cock go numb for example.

Answered a few of them, but it was starting to get annoying, seeing as I did not take finasteride/accutane/ssri. Im sure you would understand.

Given the hours you’re pouring into videos and articles about Candida, I’m not sure that what must be another 40 minutes at worst to complete the survey is much of a hardship. Even if it gets annoying.

If you’re saying that your condition is distinct from that of everyone else here, then why participate? If you think it’s the same (for the record, I have argued repeatedly on your behalf) then why won’t you take the survey? At the very least, you’ll look like you’re trying to advance things here.

As for the Candida, I’m with @Dubya_B, it’s not that, you can see it from the total failure of those who have subscribed to that idea in the past. Feel free to do whatever diet, reigime or supplementation that is supposed to fix it at your own risk but be aware that it hasn’t helped anyone out.

There are people out there who will tell you you’re suffering with whatever bullshit reason they can think of to inflate their ego or bank balance or both. The thing which differentiates this place from lots of other forums for those with health problems is that we look for evidence, not hunches, guesses or anything else and we are staffed by volunteers so a stance that nobody can tell you X or Y isn’t a cure unless they want to spend their life explaining in detailed scientific terms why whatever course of action is inappropriate.

1 Like

bunch of rubbish… how could this happen. especially in my circumstances

I guess we are all just depressed. Goodnight everyone :disappointed:

Basic books about biology, chemistry, anatomy, etc… It doesn’t take a tremendous amount of time and concentration to learn or review the simplest concepts, just a little effort.

You’re making a dichotomy out of “alternative” and “western” medicine when there isn’t one. I’ve heard MDs recommend herbal extracts to people because sometimes they work and “alternative” doctors recommend “synthetic” drugs because sometimes they work, but no amount of fantastical claims from some of the “alternative/complementary” medicine practitioners will fix problems caused by hubris and cherry-picking of some of the “western/conventional” medicine practitioners. That’s assuming a right from two wrongs.

Unfortunately, I believe I will die with “PAS” unless the pathology is discovered.

Yes. That’s why you are welcome here. We’re still trying to figure this all out together.

But didn’t you say you took astaxanthin, a substance with potent anti-androgenic effects, as well as partaking in a crash diet with potential hormonal effects around the time your symptoms began?

Really? I’ve seen the gut and liver brought up far more times than I would care to read. Never remember anyone being banned for simply “bringing it up.” The bans and shunning are often because a person aggressively states an illogical theory about the gut and/or liver as fact, rather than using evidence to build a case for their opinion.

What authority does Dr. Kalpana Shekhawat M.D, (MD usually signifies a “western” medicine practitioner) the author of the first candida article you linked, have to insinuate that candida can break the laws of physics to contort a hormone into something that can no longer bind a receptor?

Candida binds to certain hormones, altering their shape so they’re no longer able to fit into their receptors ( leads to severe hormone imbalances).

How does this work exactly? My understanding of bond angles and the effects of kinetic energy on molecules must be different then theirs. Maybe they just made it up to have something else to say to convince you that you have a candida overgrowth that they could help you overcome for $? Maybe I’m wrong?

Drink up! Has to be fresh though, or it won’t work. If you were told it was PFS faeries that visited you during your sleep and you need to get yourself to a shaman for an exorcism ASAP, would you not call that quackery? You ARE in a position to call medical claims that sound absurd to you quackery. You basically just did. :slight_smile:

Astaxanthin, crash diet, whatever. Whatever you think is the most likely trigger of your development of this condition, just use that in place of “fin/tane/SSRI/etc…” and you should be fine to complete the survey. This certainly didn’t happen to you for no reason. (Definitely not PFS faeries.)

This condition sucks and it’s hard to not be depressed over it. We are only trying to help. Have a good night man.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t believe candida is the reason why we’re ill. But since you do, you can go test yourself (from a valid laboratory/doctor) about its presence, right? You have red dots on your penis, as you stated in one of your last topics. This makes it reasonable for you to go to the doctor and go get tested.

Go to the doctor, and ask them if they can investigate why you’re having these red dots. Ask if they can test for candida, along with STDs, right then and there. That way, you’ll know if candida is a problem or not.

If candida is present, you can choose and take the risk to treat it if you wish. If candida is not present, you can probably rule out candida being the cause of your symptoms.

1 Like

I have all three antibodies to candida. If this were to be part of something real it would probably be part of a bigger picture. There is obviously no blood infection.

Mayo Clinic discontinued these tests due to a lack of clinical significance and challenges with interpretation as compared to fungal culture. Candida antibodies are detected in 20-30% of healthy individuals while immunocompromised individuals at increased risk for systemic candidiasis have blunted antibody responses.Jul 30, 2018

Discontinued: Candida albicans Serology and Antigen Tests …

(http://lab.spectrumhealth.org/2018/07/30/discontinued-candida-albicans-serology-and-antigen-tests/)

Just to play those percentages though, im far from healthy.
Also though, this could be more telling,
Sensitivity of 62% and specificity of 53% have been reported when using antibody levels to diagnose candidiasis.

1 Like