My fin story

bph occurs in old men after years of prostate growth. The physican will notice that it is inlarged and hard. What we have happened rapidly and most people are reporting the exam reveals that the prostate is tender. If anything, our prostates are shrunken messes. Your condition and discomfort (like mine) is an inflammatory deal.

My prostate wasn’t tender when they examined it. I don’t think it’s out of the question that a sudden spike in estrogen could cause something like this, just like old men might get it because of a gradual increase in estrogen. In fact I’ve seen steroid users on the bodybuilding forums complain about rapid BPH from their estrogen problems.

Maybe I’ll feel better with a long course of antibiotics, but I’m not too optimistic. You said yours improved after antibiotics, but then relapsed, right? Any relief at all would be wonderful! I think I’m going to need a catheter soon.

Has ANYONE had problems with urinating and a weak stream like this that improved naturally over time??? Even a small bit? I can’t imagine living with this for the rest of my life, and I don’t want surgery!

Maybe there is a rapid form of BPH, especially if you have found people documenting this in the bb forums. I’m just going by what my endo told me and reading about bph. I’m not sure of what the exact mechanism is behind it (I don’t think medicine does either), but if its estrogen related then it does make a lot of sense. I don’t know what is going on down there. Anti-biotics did get it under control and then it came back. It was inflammed for about 2 weeks and then calmed down again toward the end of last week. I started feeling good again, but now I feel horrible. The prostate seems to be ok, but I have extremely shrunken genitals and bad anxiety (something that went away a few months of crashing). I guess my best explanation of what is going on with me is that my body is completely out of control.

Me too. I feel lucky every day I wake up and some new weird side effect hasn’t shown up. At least my gyno has calmed down for the time being, and I think my sleep is improving despite the constant stress. Maybe my prostate will be next.

It’s excellent to hear you have found SOME improvement, cantsleep. I hope it continues for you.

Thanks man. Yeah, the chest pain and burning has dissipated for the last couple of days, but I saw a slight improvement in symptoms just before my 2nd crash too, so I’ll wait a few weeks to start celebrating.

My sleep is definitely better, which is ironic I guess. That was the main complaint I had when I first came to this site, and now it’s the furthest thing from my mind. I’ve been getting a good 5-6 hours of sleep the last few days, waking up maybe 2 or 3 times to urinate, probably because of my messed up prostate.

I think the better sleep was because of how nauseated the flomax was making me. Last night was awful-- I woke up 3 or 4 times I think.

I saw the urologist today and he basically fobbed me off. Scheduled a cytourethroscopy for 9/16. Gave me an order for a few blood tests which I will get done tomorrow morning. I asked him for several tests off this site, but he would not give them to me… only T, E2, FSH, Prolactin, and PSA. I’m not even sure I’ll get all of those, because I have no insurance. I’ll probably end up getting T and E2.

I have made an appointment with Dr. Shippen for 10/27.

How you holding up? Havent seen you round in a few days…you still ticking?

I’m pretty much the same. I’ve tried a bunch of new things over the last week… sea salt, iodine, chrysin, quercetin, vitamin D. Nothing has changed. I have some DIM coming in the mail as well. I guess it’s good though that my crash seems to have stabilized somewhat. I haven’t noticed anything new happening for probably 10 days now.

Urinary symptoms are still exactly the same. It takes me 40 seconds to get a stream started, the stream is weak, and I have trouble emptying my bladder. I’ve started doing prostate massages, which helped another member on here who had similar urinary problems. It might take a few weeks to see an effect. I’m going to get some colloidal silver and oil of oregano and take it every day along with doing the massages in case my problem is a prostate infection. That’s really the only hope I have at this point.

I’ve pretty much accepted all the other side effects-- my deformed penis, the lack of libido, sleeplessness, popping joints, etc. If I can just get past this prostate issue, or at the very least calm it down, I’ll consider myself lucky.

Funny, my deformed tiny penis is definately the worst of this for me.

Your penile changes sound exactly like mine too. Shrunken , more narrow, etc.

Lately I feel like I wanna vomit alot. That might just be the general anxiety over this though.

My prostate has completely stabilized as I have had a second crash after 5 months. My prostate was inflammed a few weeks back but completely normalized once I crashed. It feels really shrunken now. Hard to control piss. I theorize that it might not be bad that it is inflammed. It might be that your body is trying to produce testosterone normally but dht is not available to keep estrogen in check. Therefore the excess estrogen is causing this inflammed prostate situation. Mine seemed to swell as my testosterone numbers were coming in normal and my testicles were normalizing somewhat. I think my E balance just got too far toward E lately and the pituitary just shut down. Now my balls are like grapes and T production has halted. Therefore not much Estrogen to inflame the prostate. I feel more hair growth now too over the last week, muscle loss, lower leg hair falling out etc.

Hopefully your system balances out. Be carefull at this point.

Trust me, I was freaking out about my penis too back when it happened, and it was my worst problem for a couple of weeks. My attention quickly refocused when I started getting UTIs and I couldn’t get all the urine out of my bladder. Now fretting over my penis size seems about as silly as fretting over a receding hairline.

Yeah I really don’t know at this point. Could be an infection, could be estrogen dominance. I’ve tried chrysin, which is supposed to help balance estrogen, but have seen zero effect thusfar. I’ve also ordered some DIM which might help. I might cycle those two along with quercetin for a while. For the time being though, I’m going to treat it as if it’s an infection. Considering the scads of people on here with estrogen dominance who have not had prostate problems to this extreme, I have to think it might be an infection.

It will be interesting to see my blood test numbers when they come in. Should be able to get them in the next week. I only got T, E2 , and PSA tested, but hopefully E2 should be able to tell some of the story.

I made an appointment tomorrow morning to be tested on a SCIO/QXCI machine by Bill Stanton in Atlanta. I think this is much more promising than seeing one of the 4 doctors on this site, some who after many years of trying have had no verifiable success in treating PFS. It is a 3 hour appointment and costs $200. Maybe I am just throwing my money away, but it is worth it to try anything I can to reclaim my health.

I will likely cancel my appointment with Shippen. I feel I am done with mainstream doctors, including the urologist. I have stopped taking these antibiotics, which make me feel like complete shit and have done nothing to solve the problem.

I hope you reconsider Shippen. He can at least give an educated guess as to what is happening with us.

What does the SCIO machine do? Maybe I’ll try it.

Jebus, no!!! You really need to find a good urologist. No “Quantum Xeroid Consciousness Interface device” is going to help with your serious urination problems.

I don’t really understand it, but there are lots of people who swear by these machines. It apparently sends energy frequencies throughout your body to detect various imbalances and deficiencies, and in the hands of a competent user can be used to suggest a protocol for fixing these things. I’m not hoping for a miracle, but the guy doing this has a really good reputation and has been in business out there in Atlanta for decades. He’s even been honored by the Georgia State Legislature for his efforts in the healthcare field.

legis.state.ga.us/legis/1997 … hr1469.htm

It’s an “alternative” health methodology, and you won’t find good things written about it on the mainstream health sites(quackwatch, etc), which tend to bash just about anything that isn’t drugs/surgery oriented. Another user on here (RSA) has used one and feels that it was helpful at the very least. It may not end up helping at all, but at the very least I figure it’ll be a nice bit of therapy to tell another person my story.

I’ll report back and let you know how it goes and what the plan is from here. If I feel like it’s useless, I’ll tell you that straight out.

As for Shippen, he’s already seen dozens of us I would guess. I’m sure he has a variety of educated guesses, but where are the results?

How do you know that? Have you used one before?

From what I understand, urologists generally don’t even understand most prostate issues, beyond acute bacterial infections(which I don’t have). They usually just throw antibiotics at your body until you can’t handle it anymore, then tell you to have surgery. I don’t think I’ve seen a single person on this site who has experienced much success seeing urologists for their prostate issues post-fin. I’m tired of wasting my money dealing with these arrogant, prick doctors who feel they’re too important to listen to my problems and just want to prescribe me drugs and kick me out of the office.

Well, the decision is yours. But, I hope you reconsider going to see Shippen. Maybe he will diagnose something different for you. The more of us going to the docs the better IMO. Even if Shippen cant cure you or me IF he can get you a half a step closer to an answer then its money well spent.

Lately for me its been a rollercoaster. One day I can cope, the next day I cant get out of bed. Right now its the extreme shrinkage and ED that has me most concerned. I’m just gonna pray, go to the docs, and take as good of care of myself as possible.

Well who knows… tomorrow at this time I may be furious at this QXCI guy too. I have a feeling though that he’ll listen to my problem and work with me, which is more than I can say for 99% of doctors. And it probably beats paying Shippen $600 for maybe 30 minutes at the most, only to get put on more hormone altering drugs that won’t even help.

I’m at the end of my rope. The joint popping has gotten ridiculous the last couple of days. At first it was just in my knees when I sat down, but now it’s in my ankles and my shoulders. I’m going to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes regardless of the liquid I’m taking in. Also I’m starting to notice a weird change in the fat distribution around my hips. My body is falling apart and I need to know what is happening. If the guy in Atlanta can’t help me, I don’t know what I’m going to do.

I have a good feeling about it though. I genuinely think he can help.