My fin story

I’m definitely developing gyno now. It’s not visible yet, but the last week I’ve been feeling a lot of pain and burning in my chest, particularly around the nipples. I tried to reason it away at first as shortness of breath or hyperventilation, but I can no longer do this. The last couple of nights I’ve been feeling these throbbing sensations around my nipples as well.

I might try and call my GP tomorrow and tell them what’s happening, and maybe I can get a blood test. Unfortunately they probably won’t believe my story about gyno until the lumps actually start appearing.

What’s going to happen next? My bet is on the prostate completely closing up my urinary tract which is the thing I’m currently terrified of most. I am crushed and suicidal. Three weeks ago I had come to grips with the problems I was having, and was gaining my momentum back in working around them. Then all of the sudden I hit this second crash, and the symptoms have become unlivable. I just want to die. It’s not worth slogging through years of this.

I would call a doctor, but what can anyone do for me right now? What I really want to try is Arimidex, as I believe my problem is with high estrogen, but I don’t know how I could get my GP or urologist to prescribe this for me. At this point I may just go for a miracle and make an appointment with Dr. Crisler.

What state are you in? Id really try someone new besides chrisler… in my humble opinion. Yes, he speaks of the dangers of finasteride, but he don’t believe he has any new incites into the condition… and he was unable to really assist another long term sufferer on the board… if he is the closest for you though then i guess thats the best

I live in GA, so I’m not really close to any of the major names. I thought I heard where Crisler said he had a 40-50% success rate or so treating fin victims. Who is better than Crisler?

I am seriously considering him or one of the big names on this board. My parents are willing to spring for it, and I must get some relief from this enlarged prostate problem, which I feel is hormonal. I can deal with all the other stuff, but the urinary problem is a big health issue.

is it JUST an enlarged prostate? or are u having all the classic fin symptoms? like low libido etc?

Yes I’m having low libido, ED, shunk/narrowed dick, and saggy testicles, among other things.

I have the exact same symptoms. I have tried increasing Testosterone but it only works somewhat and it is temporary. I think this is because of the increse of estrogen also making worse and worse every time.

I am looking at fully attacking my estrogen levels now. Low estrogen should give achey joints and I want to see if I can have achey joints and the shrunken dead penis syndrome.

If you cant get a script from you doc, in the mean time perhaps you could try this combined with DIM
qualityenzymes.com/html%20pages/myomin.htm

Golf have you heard of any “Chrisler Equivilant” docs in Cali?

Yes I definitely think it might be an estrogen issue. I want to get blood tests ASAP. I have called the urologist’s office and am hoping that they will cooperate, even though I was taking the Sustain Alpha previously. What I would like to try is Arimidex if I can get them to prescribe it.

Have you tried those supplements(Dim+ Myomin)? If so, have you seen any effect?

Not yet. I just ordered it but I read some forums on anaoblic minds where people had a similiar problem after taking Tren and this helped them achieve normal erections

let us know how it works out for you - but note: not everyone here has high estrogen

I even have lower than normal and it makes sense.
low LH
Low total T —> low Estrogen+low DHT

Oh god my prostate is hurting like hell all of a sudden. Whenever I walk or sit down.

I’ve had enough of this. Things are getting worse every day with no end in site. Tomorrow morning I’m going to call Crisler’s office, tell them I’m a fin victim who is rapidly worsening, and beg them to fit me in ASAP. I felt very much like killing myself, but I have decided I’m going to fight this, at least until it gets completely unbearable.

Also it feels like I’m walking around with splinters in my feet. Why are my feet aching like this. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS

Cantleep - try to hang in there mate, it sounds like your doing the right thing. At least you have identified exactly where the pain is and so you know sort of what’s goin on, it should make it better for the doctor appointments. The hurting feet and anything like that could always be from the extreme stress from the shit your going through, try not to worry about that too much.

Have you told your parents?

I’ve never had the feelings in my feet before in my life. I think it’s related to my prostate pain, because I sometimes notice shooting pains going from my prostate to my feet. I don’t think it’s stress.

The prostate pain is new the last couple of days. Never really felt it before now. God this drug has fucked my body up. When is this going to stabilize? Every time I come to grips with a new side effect, some other nasty thing shows up.

My parents are aware of the situation, but I think they’re still in the mode that I’m overreacting and that I should get better over time. I know I never would have believed 15 pills of this shit could cause massive health problems for life.

I’m going to have to resolve this prostate issue before I’m able to travel and see Crisler. Maybe Flomax will be enough to get me through until I can get on a protocol with Crisler that might help deflate my prostate. It’s so bad that I feel like going to the emergency room right now, but I have a fear they’re going to see my enlarged prostate and start shoving proscar into my mouth!

Dear God it’s bad now. I’m so constipated and can barely evacuate because of the prostate pushing against my rectum. I called Crisler’s office, but they are not open on Fridays, so I am stuck until Monday. I am calling the urologist and trying Flomax, and hoping it can get me by until I can see Dr. Crisler and tackle the hormone issue which might be causing this. Thankfully the gyno has died down a bit the last couple of days. Not feeling very much chest pain at all this morning. Of course knowing how things have gone so far, it will go crazy again soon. I almost feel like going to my GP and telling him about this and getting blood tests. Maybe my estrogen will be completely out of range and he’ll actually give me something that might help, though I doubt he will.

Sorry to hear about your horrible problems persisting. I don’t know very much about these things, but I wonder about something; Is it even possible for the prostate to grow from normal size to huge in something like a week? I don’t have the medical knowledge, but to me it seems much more reasonable that the prostate has become inflamed and swollen (possibly as a result from the urine tract infection) rather than actually grown. In that case, maybe you would be better off trying more treatments for the urinary tract infection rather than medicine for BHP? Hope someone with more knowledge might chime in here. Hang in there man!

Possibly. The thing is I went to the urologist and they did a DRE and urinalysis(came back negative) and thought there was no infection,but that the prostate was enlarged. I’ve been taking antibiotics for almost 3 weeks now and it’s just gotten worse. I’m seeing the uro on Wednesday to investigate everything more thoroughly. I’m sure they’ll do a complete range of tests to figure out for sure if there’s an infection, or perhaps bladder stones or something like that.

Unfortunately, I was having the problems with starting the stream, frequent urination, etc for weeks before I picked up the UTI-- it just got significantly worse afterwards.

I know for a fact my prostate is getting bigger, because I’ve noticed my stools are getting hung up right when they get down around the prostate and I have to force them out like I never have had to before. It’s also why I had the previous complaint(which has continued) about how my farts, as silly as it may sound, seem to be muted and weak and I have to really push them out.

This is unreal. I don’t have any insurance and I’ve already racked up about $1000 in medical bills and I’m sure that’s just the start! Worst case scenario I guess I’ll have to get some kind of prostate surgery like greenlight or TURP to remove the excess prostate tissue, which can cause tons of issues of its own, and the prostate tissue will just continue to grow after the surgery and I’ll have to get it redone numerous times.

Thanks Propecia!

Mew, do you have links to any studies or articles that I can take to my urologist to convince him 1) That propecia could cause hormonal chaos, including out of control estrogen, 3 months after taking it for 2 weeks and 2) That BPH/enlarged prostate can be caused by high estrogen? On the latter count, I mentioned the possibility of estrogen-induced BPH to the uro’s nurse practitioner last time and she looked at me like I was a nut, so I’m not sure what this uro’s stance is on the matter(apparently I’ll actually get to see him in person this time).

You seem to have much experience in reading and collecting studies, so I thought you might be able to direct me to the best stuff. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Your prostate issues are not BPH related. They are prostatitis related. Unfortunately prostatitis is a largely unknown disease.

You know what, I think you possibly could be right. I just want to convince him to let me get my blood tests right now in case there is a problem.

I don’t think estrogen-induced BPH is out of the question, but I can’t say I’m an expert on it.

Maybe I just need to stay on these antibiotics for a while longer. If this just turns out to be bacterial prostatitis, I will be very relieved.