Moonman1's story

In my case, I do not think the cortisol is the issue at all. I am taking a replacement dose @ 25mg per day. This is not “too high” as it is a psysiological dose. Even if my adrenals were healthy, adding this amount would not raise my cortisol “too high” as my adrenals would just be supressed and the HC would “replace” a similar amount to what they were already supressing… Lots of people need a replacement dose at 35mg per day. Also, I had a test 6-7 months ago when I was on HC that showed (A) cortisol not over range and (B) testosterone mid-range.

That study is very interesting regarding LH levels staying the same…but says HYPERcortisol and RAPID and ACUTE suppression of low T. Neither of these apply to me.

I have some Test Cyp. left over and already injected today. I am going to do 75mg E3D. Hopefully I dont start going bald like last time I was on TRT :frowning:

I had a massage today. I found it interesting that she asked if I drink lots of water (its all I drink) because my kidneys were so good as she was doing reflexology. This on the same day that I get results showing high BUN and Creatinine. She did also mention that my adrenals were probably exhausted even thought I never mentioned that too her.

I am now certain that my “prostate, erectile, penile” issues are all from pelvic floor tension. If this has any interest to you check out this thread that I started a few months ago.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=30&t=5341

did u ever tried pregabalin? it helps for nerves

i was prescribed but i never tried because scared of other sides

nope, how does it compare to xanax?

correct me if i am wrong, but it appears to work in a similar fashion to GHB…

pregabalin
it’s more against numbness, local pains, myalgia but is used also
for general anxiety disorder
for that i never used it,

my gp told me to try but i’m afraid of sides (ed ecc)

Latest Doctors Appointment

$1,500 later…

Metametrix Organix Basic Profile

Methylation
I am not overmethylated or undermethylated. My folate was slightly low, but not enough to cause issues.

Neurotransmitters
Everything is in range.

Fatty Acid Metabolism
Great

Carbohydrate Metabolism
Great

Mitochindrial / Energy Production
Great

B-Vitamins
Slight B-6 deficiency. Nothing that would cause issues though.

Lipid Peroxides
High. I can’t really remember what she said about this though.
What are Lipid Peroxides? In its effort to produce the chemical energy to power your cells and fight infection, your body makes harmful chemical called free radicals. Breakdown of you bodys cell metabolism by free radicals leads to the formation of lipid peroxides. Antioxidants prtect you against this process, and the lipid peroxide test tells you if you have enough of these antioxidansts in your system. High levels are associated with cancer, heart disease, stroke, and aging.

Spectracell LipoProtein Particle Profile
This test measures a bunch of stuff and seemed to be what she was most concerned with.

All of the following were fine
-CRP (highly sensitive)
-Homocysteine
-Insulin
-Total cholesterol
-HDL
-Triglycerides

Not so fine
Then it starts to get into a bunch of markers for the actual Lipoprotein Particles. This is were she said she was concerned. My “small dense HDL particles” were off the charts high and some other cholesterol particles were highish. Also my Apo B-100 marker was high which “could be a genetic thing”

She said that she often sees this in elderly males with erectile dysfunction. Basically these particles flow around in the blood and cause vascular or blood flow issues.

Major inflammation
She also said that it shows that there if some sort of major inflammation going on and that is why these particles are so elevated, but trying to figure out what is causing it right now is a shot in the dark. She wanted to do a complete food allergy test to see if that could be it, but as of right now I am not going to do that because it will be another $1,000 test.

For now she wants to try to control the inflammation through diet so I will be starting a Paleo diet with 100g or less of carbs a day, with zero dairy and zero gluten, as well as an inflammation supplement. She actually said that the inflammation was high enough that she almost wanted to try a keto diet…with 15g of carbs or less.

Retest in a few months (another $600 FML).

–Why is CRP low but other inflammatory marker high?? I wish I would have asked this, but I remember her mentioning something about how inflammation in difference parts of the body are diagnosed and treated differently.

====
I was seriously surprised that my neurotransmitters were fine. I would have put $100 on it that my norepinephrine was high and causing my Dopamine to be low. The metabolites test actually showed the opposite. Norepinephrine and Epinephrine were on the lower side of the range and Dopamine was on the higher side.

I have mentioned the prostate issues as well as how I now think it is Pelvic Myoneuropathy (Tension) and she really does seem to think its an issue at all. I need to get that checked from another doctor.

I have already dished out $1,500. These tests are mad expensive and the appointments themselves are $270 just for a follow up. The original appointment was $345. I am literally going poor and in debt and am not sure if its worth continuing here as I have spent easily $6,000 in the past 6 years on 8+ doctors. The sad thing is every breakthrough I have made has been to make myself better has been by myself without the help of these doctors.

Wow. That is an incredible amount of money. I really hope you get better mate.

Moonman what part of your body do you put the hc cream on?

The hydrocortisone are prescriptions pills. Brand name is Cortef, but I use generic.

You can use the cream, but it is hard to know for sure how much your body is absorbing, plus it is messy and over time will weaken your skin. If you are going to use the cream I suggest you just eat the cream and I am not joking it is perfectly safe.

=======

I have noticed that if I sleep in I get brain fog back. Ever since I started being in bed by 10pm and awake by 6:30am I noticed that my brain fog is completely gone, but if I decide to sleep in till 8, 9, or 10 then the brain fog comes back.

As far as my latest doctor, I really doubt I will be going back for another appointment. I will probably cancel my next one scheduel for over Thanksgiving. Her name is Stacy Marcari and is no doubt an amazing doctor, but this just seems to be out of her (and any other doctors) realm.

Next Friday I have an appointment with a therapist who will be able to tell me if I have “Pelvic Floor Tension/Congestion”.

Moonman: I want to thank-you for offering up the name as you promised. However, it seems that this person is not an M.D. but rather a chiropractor.

She used to be a chiropractor. She has now practiced functional medicine and anti-aging for 10+ years.

She still is a chiropractor (that’s fine), but more importantly she is not an M.D. My point is you are paying an inordinate amount of money to someone who is essentially a naturopath, etc.; this person does not have a speciality area in medicine.

I do not quit get what you are saying. She is a doctor, she does have a specialty in both anti-aging, nutrition, and functional medicine.

No she is not a MD, but neither is Doctor Crisler. I will take a doctor who is board certified in AA and FM over a general practitioner who just pushes prescriptions any day.

This woman is neither an M.D. or P.H.D. In order to be a physician who can prescribe pharmaceuticals you need to be a medical doctor.

Ya I get that, but she is only the 2nd doctor out of 10 I have been to who knew what RT3 was. Also she knew 10x more than Dr Crisler did and had the knowledge to test methylation, detoxification, and other possible factors. It actually makes me feel better about her that she can’t prescribe pharmaceuticals.

Doctor Crisler may not be an endocrinologist, but he must be a least a general practioner in order to prescribe pharmaceuticals. I am not trying to give you a hard time; but given what you initially said: I was under the impression that she was perhaps an endocrinologist who was also interested in functional medicine, and hence the exorbitant fees could be justified.

Here’s an update for anyone who is still following since it has been about 7-8 months since my last post in this thread…

-I feel better with my testosterone levels at 99 (lower than most women) than I do at 500-1,200 (normal male levels).
-Once I start to take any supplement/medicine like testosterone cyp, tribulus, hcg, etc that raises testosterone…I get puffy nipples easily. The first 3 years of PFS I did not experience this same issue…
-When my testosterone (and DHT I presume) raises, I defiantly start to shed hair, so that shows that some sort of androgenic action is taking place.
-The only thing that has kept me going is focusing on adrenals. Unfortunately that does not help my non existent libido.
-If I dont eat tons of food, then I lose weight like crazy. I lose 10-15 lbs in a month or 2, without even trying.

Hey Mooman,

Whats new with you now?

How are you feeling?

How is your mood? And energy? What are you on now? You are the same guy from here right :

musclechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?18028-butterfly-fluttering-stomach-feeling-too-much-cortisol

Yes, that is me. Nothing is new or better as of right now.

Energy is decent enough to get through the weeks. But not good enough to work out and try to improve my body structure.

Body structure appears to be more and more like a woman, bigger gut, smaller arms and muscle.

Sex drive and erections and all that is still complete shit.

Bouts of depression come and go. I’m just ready for some breaking news with this damn syndrome.

Thanks for the update. It seems you have tried a lot of things with thyroid hormones and cortisol.

Do you think this is worth a try for others?

I have done 2 siliva cortisol tests and they were both very low. But my blood cortisol was top of the range.

So trying to free up my cortisol seems like the only rational option. But my transcortin was not over range.

COuld you tell me how your experements have affected your appetite. I get this knot feeling in my stomach. I am pretty sure it is cused by high estrogen. or low cortisol. It happens after I take testosterone for a week or so. Actually after my first test prop injection my appetite was high the next day.