SHBG 27 (14-48)

January 2011 – 20mg HydroCortisone
Testosterone 63 (45-85) *24 hour urinary. Supposedly Free Testosterone
DHT 12 (0-13)
E2 3 (0-7)
DHEA 286 (5-1,476)
Pregnanediol 236 (32-501)
Cortisol 143 (35-168)

*There have been a few high Carbon Dioxide tests. No doctor has discussed this with me, but I assume it was because I was undiagnosed with adrenal insufficiency for so long.

Adding the Hydrocortisone in January of 2011 basically cure my fatigue and mental issues. But from 2005 until now…my libido is still zero, still experience ED, and still get cold small flaccid penis from time to time. As of today, I have not ejaculated in a month, but yet my libido is still zero and I do not get random erections (I do get some nocturnal wood every other day).

I have cleared Reverse T3 and by body is no longer freezing cold.

I plan to test neurotransmitters, strep antibodies, and 3a-diol-g next. Also need to get prostate checked.

I suspect that either my dopamine is low or the receptors are down-regulated. I have taken Dymatize Z-Force a few times and I always felt 100% better. It has tribulus and mucuna pruriens so it works on testosterone and dopamine. Also strep antibodies attach to dopamine receptors, although I am not sure if this would cause receptor down regulation, high dopamine, or low dopamine.

1. I had an appointment with another doctor yesterday (#7 now). More money up front. This time so far with the tests she ordered and just the first appointment = $1,400. I no longer have any faith that a doctor will help me recover, but I figured that for now I will try one more doctor. She is very very smart and at the forefront of the medical field. However, I still do not want to get my hopes up because I have done this over and over…ohh yah, she is pretty damn hot too!

I definitely did not mention Propecia or Saw Palmetto or 5AR to her, on purpose. One thing that struck me right away though, is that after hearing all of my symptoms she asked if I had ever used Accutane. She said that she had some patients who that had “wreeked havok” on and said that she was able to help them. I then mentioned “a lot of guys that use Propecia have the same issues as Accutane and they are both 5AR inhibitors”…that she knew nothing about…so I left it be.

Anyways, she said that she is not gong to worry about sex hormones right now. Maybe later but she doubts that is the issue. I had to get a bunch of tests done so she said she should know the issue in a month or so, but she will “leave no stones unturned”.

She said the puzzle pieces sort of make sense and that she suspects…

-Methylization issues - I think that she actually said undermethylization was the issue rather than overmethylation, which is what the theory was here on the forum.
-Mitochondria - These are damaged or the “turnover rate/renew rate” was slowed due to oxidative stress. Something to that effect…
-Vascular response - Did not catch her on all this…
-Adrenals - She did not want to focus on this ATM though, because I am on HC and feeling good energy wise.

She ordered some crazy tests I have never heard of and were expensive.

She was able to answer any question I had (i.e. methylation, epi-genetics, etc.) and add on to it things that I did not know, which is a first for a doctor, including Dr Crisler.

I mentioned prostatitis…and she sort of put it off for now. I wass not super happy about that, but I will let her go her route. She did mention that manual stimulation is part of the treatment for it, but not mention if she would do anything like that in the future or test for infection. But because she did mention leaving no stone unturned surely she wont forget about it.

Please do not ask me or PM me her name or location…I will not give it out to ANYONE unless she actually does improve my condition. This I will know before December. In the mean time I am interested in AWORS research results.

She mentioned that she was very concerned that my gpa has Alzeimers, my genetic test showed I was susceptible to it…and that I have/had cognitive issue like memory issues, sluggish thinking, etc.

I need to remember to ask about hidden/chronic infections and the possibility of this being a nerve issue next appointment.

1. I have been off of T3 for a week now with no complications. My RT3 is no longer high as I can tell because my hands and feet stay warm all day. Lets hope it doesnt creep up over time! Fixing this did not raise my libido or erection quality like it did JN, but I do notice I can go up to 2 hours past my HC dose and not even notice. Before I would no the moment that 3:45mins after my last dose…

This type of behaviour is outlandish to say the least. Do you really think this doctor would be pleased to know that you are withholding information to the detriment of people who are at their wits end with this condition: not to mention, that you are effectively curtailing her ability to earn a living and potentially learn more about this insidious problem ? And, what if she fails to improve your condition: does it necessarily follow that she would be unable to assist others a modecum ?

I agree with the above. There is often strange behaviour and strange rationale exhibited on this board - i try not to pay too much attention to it.

In this instance, i agree. She sounds very thorough and knowledgable. The fact that she claims to have helped accutane patients is very promising. I think her methods could definately be beneficial to others even if it doesn’t work out for you.

That’s the thing isn’t it? We’ll all a little bit different…

Moonman - Did you notice your metabolism slowed considerably upon starting propecia?

In my case it did, thus suspected all along it was thyroid related.

When I took T3 and pregnenolone for a few months my metabolism increased to my pre fin state at around 2004.

But my sexual improvements only came once I replaced the T3 with t4/t3(Armour thyroid) and then removed the T4/T3 a couple of months later.

You have to add T4/T3 once your RT3 is cleared and then slowly ween off.

In my case I applied chillen’s primer on how to treat PFS and it worked.

Its as simple as this…if she helps me improve noticably then ill hapily hand out her contact info.

But at the moment i am a bit skeptical…so i am not going to.

she is very right in above conclusions. I have been saying we are having inter-cellular damage. Please ask her if we have got mitochondrial damage, scar tissues then what are out options?Where can we go for our tests ( if she knows any labs).I also think first our mitochondrias destroyed and then we underwent some cellular appoptosis before getting scar tissues. But these will remain speculations untill we get our tissues examined by some labs. here is on link shows mitochondrial damage.

propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4783

Our point is that your experience isn’t necessarily the benchmark of her utility. Why should it be?

You should bear in mind that even the best PFS doctors are having limited satisfied customers too. As you are fully aware - that’s a blantant understatement - guys like Shippin, Jacobs and Crisler at the forefront of the problem are throwing guys on TRT and a few other protocols and then practically giving up.

Fresh perspectives are always useful and she sounds extremely clever. Perhaps the more PFS sufferers she has the more attention she would give to the problem. You just don’t know where a cumulative effort could take us and therefore you shouldn’t withhold information even if you ultimately have good intentions, which, ofcourse, you do.

Mens. I agree with what you say, but i have a very specific reason(s) that i am skeptical. For now just trust me on this…iGive it till at least my next appt…

Plus AWORs study results will be avaklable by then…

If i dont do this is will turn into another Greece situation…which i realize is not my responsibilty… BUt its the route im taking.

Is it really that hard to wait a few weeks?

Spstriken: that was not her conclusion… It was her hypothesis.

You’ve chosen the most sensible route.

This user took Saw Palmetto, not Propecia.

Sure i appreciate your reasons man, it’s cool.,

I dont think there’s any risk of it developing into a Greece situation. Lots of guys post up their doctors with much more promising feedback than yours and little knee-jerking occurs. Anyway, this is all semantics; keep us updated.

First, I took Saw Palmetto…

Yes my metabolism def. did slow as can be seen by my lower cortisol and high RT3 numbers.

How long were you on T3 for and at what dose?
Then how long were you on T4/T3?
Also what do you mean by sexual improvements specifically?
Do you have a good sex drive and erection quality now?
Are you now able to be completely off preg and thyroid meds?
Was the Preg transdermal?
How bad was your adrenal fatigue?

Sorry so many questions…

The reasons I ask is that JN also took some T4/T3 after the T3 only. He also noticed improved sexual function, which I didn’t (even though improved in other areas). I figured that I could just taper off T3 and my own TSH + T4 would slowly come back…negating the need for any T4.

SO youre saying you’ve recovered then?

Well, apparently, you have changed your stance; and, I have to admit that most would find this much more agreeable. There is a big difference between only disclosing her name upon your improvement and revealing her name in the not too distant future, regardless of your status, given her uniqueness.

I have to admit that I was very intrigued by what you said about her, but my intention (I am sure others would be the same) was to put her on my radar. Odds are someone else out there (perhaps a lurker – perhaps, even an Accutane lurker) has seen her, and has something to contribute which could partially assist in determining her utility. Once the name is out there, things will start to develop their own volition (as we have seen elsewhere on the forum), and, the truth will come out. Countless people have spent huge money on the other PFS docs and whatnot with little to show for it, so you are hardly setting a precedent.

To make any inference about a possible semblance between the situation with Dr. Georgiadis and this unnamed doctor would be a false equivalency on many points. And, even if we were to focus on the Georgiadis example: that which becomes clear is that people are desperate for any tangible improvement. Of course, some have gained more than others; but, how could anyone pre-emptively tell, and, as a corollary: why should we stifle purposive willing philosophically speaking. As a concrete example: even a reversal of dependence on PDE-5 inhibitors would be priceless for the average PFS sufferer.

sorry
I don’t understand why there is often a comparison between accutane and propecia.
Accutane is istretinoine which derived from vit A.
It is a shit again given by our friends dermatologists…

can you explain? because may be there is something i am lacking.

thanks…

(interesting your doctor moonam1, hope she is going to give some interesting insights…)

Finasteride is a 5-alpha-reductase type 2 and Isotretinion is a 5-alpha-reductase type 1 amongst other things; but, they are seen as not all that dissimilar because they are both capable of causing long term side effects, and the side effects are almost identical.

I have been working out the past 5-6 weeks about every other Day for 45 minutes. I have added on 7 lbs, lost some fat (i think), and def gained muscle. The reason i can do this now when before i couldnt, is the hydrocortisone and the fact that i cleared reverse T3.

I am feeling really great. Best in the past 7 years. I must add that my diet is great these days…mainly primal/paleo with around 150g of carbs daily, 150g of healthy fats, and 250g of protein.

However, in the past 2-3 months ive noticed that my balls have shrunk a noticable amount. So i decided to order some tests on my own. Got then back within 15 hours. I def recommend privatemdlabs.com!

Here are the results…

Total testosterone 99 (348-1130)
E2 17 (7-42)
Lh 8.7 (1.7-8.6)
Fsh 5 (1.5-12)

All of the following were high…
Rdw 15.9 (7-15)
Bun 32 (6-20)
Creatinine 1.34 (.76-1.27)
Ast 43 (0-40)
Alt 59 (0-50)

1. Holy shit my testosterone is low. My brain is telling my balls to pump out T but they are not doing it! Crazy how i am stil gaining muscle and feel zero depression or lethargy.

2. My liver and kidney values are high…not by much tho. My diet is very high protein. I also tried out a prohormone a few months ago (epistane) so perhaps i never fully revocered from that? Not sure but i will try to cut down on protein n keep an eye on this.

3. My next appt. With my dr is in a few weeks so i will br able to discuss that more afterwards.

This might be because of too high cortisol, which downregulates the production of T without impacting LH. Check this out: jcem.endojournals.org/content/57/3/671.abstract

Elevation of circulating cortisol resulting from insulininduced hypoglycemia or the administration of hydrocortisone was followed by a rapid decrease in serum T levels, without accompanying changes in LH or PRL