Methyl steroids as a treatment for sexual symptoms

You have almost extreme reaction with two pills because we are not equals, our genes are different.
it explain perfectly why some peoples do not have reaction at all and never have the side effect. others take months or years to get the side effect.
because again the problem here is epigenetic.

The recovery also it going to be different, for example anonymous after Methylprednisolone came to play to fix his side 5 months later, epiegentic modification doesn’t come instantly.

3 Likes

Preclinical and clinical data
suggest that depression is associated with the activation of the
immune system, which is manifested as inflammation [11,21].
There are suggestions that in the pathogenesis of depression in
patients, a key role is played by an increase in pro-inflammatory
cytokines such as interleukin-1 (IL-1), interleukin-6 (IL-6), and
tumor necrosis factor (TNFa) [27,29,30,38]. Cytokines are responsible for varied cells processes and also for the maintenance of
homeostasis in tissue. The production of cytokines increases in
cases of acute stress or inflammation. There is a suggestion that
depression is a chronic inflammation of structures in the central
nervous system responsible for emotions and mood [26]. It is
known that pro-inflammatory cytokines have a direct influence on
the nervous system and may cause disturbances in the functioning
of the brain, resulting in behavioral changes such as anhedonia,
which is one of the main symptoms of depression.
http://if-pan.krakow.pl/pjp/pdf/2014/1_22_ab.pdf

maybe they work by decreasing shbg and increasing dht transport??

trav

20d

this guy already confirmed that methyl steroids did NOT treat his impotence. Also, I have had hallmark pfs symptoms for nearly two years and have went on corticosteroids twice and have had zero noticeable effect. just fyi

Yes you went on corticosteroids twice, but at what dosage ? and I believe that it is the key

You are very heavy saying always the same…

5α-Reductase Type 2 Regulates Glucocorticoid Action and Metabolic Phenotype in Human Hepatocytes

https://academic.oup.com/endo/article/156/8/2863/2803494

1 Like

So, what’s that mean for us, for the dumb ones in the room? Haha

3 Likes

(Yes, sorry, I also have the brainfog and would like dumb-person hand-holding.)

2 Likes

Methyl Steroid is a Glucocorticoid and obviously there is a direct link with 5α-Reductase Type 2, this is what it mean.

4 Likes

Another link study Glucocorticoid and Androgen Activation

Glucocorticoid and Androgen Activation of Monoamine Oxidase A Is Regulated Differently by R1 and Sp1*

http://m.jbc.org/content/281/30/21512.full.html

1 Like

Variable expression of 5-alpha reductase 2 in the aging adult prostate is regulated by DNA methylation

Induction of inflammation with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulated the TNFR1/NF-κB/IL-6/DNMT1 pathway, leading to hypermethylation of the SRD5A2 promoter and silencing of SRD5A2, while treatment with both LPS and TNF-alpha inhibitor reversed this pathway and reactivated SRD5A2.

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/75/15_Supplement/1052.short

Interestingly Methylprednisolone is a Glucocorticoid and it is also a potent LPS and TNF-alpha inhibitor+ also able to cross BBB.

2 Likes

It is possible that high dosage of Methylprednisolone changed adrogens receptors expression and make them to work properly.

3 Likes

Interaction of the Glucocorticoid and Androgen Receptors in Adipogenesis

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1074552112003328

What I am trying to show here is that Glucocorticoid and Androgen Receptor are very correlated in fat there are affinity of AR to Glucocorticoid hormone.

2 Likes

Moonchild, with all due respect, your incessant posting of theories one after the next does little to bring us closer to answering the mystery of PFS. What it does do is demonstrate an understandable angst to ‘solve this once and for all.’

This is a complex problem and you, with your limited understanding of the issue in all likelihood won’t solve it. I would rather devote your effort to competing the survey and carefully thinking about what you will post instead of being the loud forum member who appears in almost every thread with a new theory, or bleats the same tried and tested notions again and again and again.

2 Likes

I improved all my simtoms while on them.

How do you explain that anonymous get well CURED ?
Do you want to wait until the survey is done , by the way I did it, and then wait for somebody get interested and start another study that can easily can take another 10 years just to find out maybe was going on ?
Another 10 years to find the direct way to fix it maybe.?
Or you want to try a approach that possible indirectly or by accident can fix the issue like Anonymous for example.?

1 Like

Are you using glucorticoids ? What dosage? Pill ? For how long have you using it ?
How do you get a doctor to prescribe ?

Thank you for pointing

1 Like

Listen, if you want to use your body as a lab ‘guinea pig’ nobody will stop you. That’s your choice and yours alone. Many have lost their life through adopting this approach. It’s like Russian roulette, except there’s more than a one in six chance of getting the bullet.

1 Like

Good point! If there is even slight chance to get worse using glucocorticoids, it is simply not worth it! Could have helped some people but if others got fucked from it, it is just not worth it. It is like if you tell a healthy person to take Fin, because the majority of people are not getting sides :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello!

I tried Methyldprednisone with tablets, I took something like 1-2-4mg (3 days). At the 3rd day I became ill because a stomach virus… then at the 4th day I notice a very low adrenal function… 5 days later im normal. Not change in symptoms so far.