Methyl steroids as a treatment for sexual symptoms

I finished a couple days ago. Nothing worth mentioning. I know the dose wasn’t nearly as large as OP but if this was a step in the right direction I feel that I would have noticed at least a 1% change in a positive direction but that was not the case.

Unfortunately my neurologist JUST informed me that methyl steroid treatment “100% DID NOT help” with my total recovery from impotence.

So this thread should be deleted

Oh a doctor? Well then its 100%

2 Likes

If I may ask, what are you still seeing a neurologist for?

1 Like

Because multiple members have participated in this post, it would be highly disruptive at this point to delete any content that might destroy the context of the conversation, and quite frankly, it would be unfair to others who spent their time contributing.

The thread will remain for reference in the event that others consider similar treatments. Now that you have stated your neurologist’s determination that the treatment had nothing to do with your recovery, future readers can take this into consideration.

The site’s use of user-generated content is outlined in the terms of service, specifically under item #11.

If you wouldn’t mind, could you explain how your neurologist reached this conclusion?

1 Like

Did your neurologist suggest any other contributing factors to how your issues were resolved?

1 Like

Nobody understands nothing, that’s for sure!

My neurologist says I am a “zebra” case - a “medical mystery”

Crazy, you’re not far from me. I live near concord mills

I’m in Raleigh, lol

have you been to duke urology? my hack urologist in charlotte referred me to them but when I called the nurse had no idea what finasteride was so I hung up the phone mid call

No, haven’t been there

@trav @ncsugrad

If you’re both near each other, you have the opportunity to consider seeking help together. I don’t think that there’s likely anything they could do for you, but if you present together, you at least might get taken more seriously.

4 Likes

I second this, strength in numbers.

1 Like

Can’t say I disagree, but at this point I don’t really know what any doctor can do. We just don’t know what the answer is to this disease, prescription or otherwise, or we would have done it already

I agree, I just thought I’d suggest it if you collectively did want to seek medical advice since it sounded like it was being considered.

2 Likes

Great! If you’re near Charlotte NC, shoot me an email - maybe we can get together.

moviepostercollectors@gmail.com

Me - Mel H. - Dec 2018

4 Likes

Interestingly Tribulus Terrestis have anti-inflammatory properties

Antiinflammatory activity

The ethanolic extract of TT inhibited the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. It also suppressed the expression of proinflammatory cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-4 in macrophage cell line. Thus, the ethanolic extract of TT inhibits the expression of mediators related to inflammation and expression of inflammatory cytokines, which has a beneficial effect on various inflammatory conditions.[45] The methanolic extract of TT showed a dose-dependent inhibition of rat paw volume in carrageenan-induced inflammation in rats.[46]

You see guys

Check this out guys.

Variable expression of 5-alpha reductase 2 in the aging adult prostate is regulated by DNA methylation

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/75/15_Supplement/1052.short

Background

5-alpha reductase type 2 (SRD5A2), an enzyme that is critical for prostatic development and growth, is utilized as an inhibitory target by finasteride for patients with bladder outlet obstrution secondary to BPH. However, we have found that many aging benign prostate tissues do not express the enzyme. Since the SRD5A2 promoter contains a CpG island, we hypothesized that somatic methylation of the promoter would be regulated by DNA methyltransferases leading to suppression of SRD5A2.

Result

We found that methylation of SRD5A2 was regulated by DNA methytransferase 1 (DNMT1) and the cytokines, TNF-alpha, NF-κB and IL-6, regulated DNMT1protein expression and thereby indirectly affected SRD5A2 promoter methylation and gene expression.

Induction of inflammation with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulated the TNFR1/NF-κB/IL-6/DNMT1 pathway, leading to hypermethylation of the SRD5A2 promoter and silencing of SRD5A2, while treatment with both LPS and TNF-alpha inhibitor reversed this pathway and reactivated SRD5A2.

Now form Anonymous1968 this is his post and he is 100% recocered, except form sleep problems,
but sexual sides are 100% back and mental also.

He was given a high doses of Methylprednisolone this is a very powerful anti-inflammatory.
this is his post

1 Like

what are the risks of methyl prednisolone ? I would consider trying it in near future if other thing will not help.

I think there is some hope for methyl prednisolone and maybe other corticosteroids .