Mens Rea's Battle against PFS.

Update- Endo spoke to my GP so good to go.

Also, looking into getting my 3-adiol-G tested. Reverse T3 is in todays list.

Might get Inhibin B tested too.

Slowly moving forward!!

Took my first arimidex a few hours ago. So we’re in business.

I cut it into about an 1/8th so that’s a small dosage but still potent. I think there’s going to be about a 30% waste per tablet when i try cut up each pill. Ah well, its important to get sensible dosages.

Feel nothing yet. Will see how it goes. I’ll get a blood test every week for a few weeks and then every two weeks or whatever i feel necessary. Obviously have to improvise a little.

I need to keep a record of how i feel at different times on different levels, try to find my sweetspot (if i have one!!) and see if i can maintain it. That’s assuming that i’ll even notice much.

I’m going to step away from the updates and keep a log on a word document. I cant be assed with false dawns etc or to mislead others so i’ll update sensibly :slight_smile: Let me know if you guys would rather a more active update or not though.

On an unrelated note…

i read that exercise in the morning stimulates the adrenal glands.

I’ve always been a night-owl - i could easily sit up all night but getting up in the morning was/is always a killer…

Here’s an interesting article on trying to reverse this…

naturalhealthinformation.org/article/AA-00595/0/Morning-Person-vs.-Night-Owl-It-is-an-Adrenal-Issue.html

It’s an adrenal issue…a cortisol issue. My morning cortisol tested real low, no surprise. I’ve always been like this.

I’m going to consider a regime of early morning exercise to see how i react. I think this could really help. Getting up in the morning to exercise is about as foreign to me as it gets so it’ll really be a lifestyle change and a big effort but it i think this could really help with the whole cortisol/adrenal issue that could potentially level out the symptoms.

Assuming you do find a sweetspot, and I hope you do: would you hazard a guess at how long you believe you would have to stay on the regimen? I’m assuming that you are self medicating; and, if not, how long does your doctor feel that you will have to stay on the regimen; of course, assuming this has been discussed? I just started aswell so I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

No, i’m not self-medicating.

It takes 6 weeks for levels to stabalise on arimidex

So atleast 8-9 weeks then i could think of tapering off. Even 3-6 months isn’t unusual.

In supplement to my post about exercising.

Another guy on a HL forum, who had mild PFS (penis pains for a week, slight girth loss, lowered libido etc) found that after starting intensive running 3 or 4 times a week helped him regain his full sexual function. There’s no doubt exercise can help.

Hey - why did you change your name -this is confusing…

BTW - I was running seriously last year; had to stop due to VERY low heart rate. Did not help the sexual sides for me but everyone is different.

You are taking 1/8 of a pill - how many mgs is the pill out of curiousity. Do you also have testicle/scrotum shrinkage??

That’s about 0.125mg. Still a potent dose. One pill is 1mg and it’s already small!

I changed my name for personal reasons.

No testicle or scrotum shrinkage - i have high testosterone and DHT and good LH levels.

Thank-you for the information.

Starting next week ive decided to try become very active.

I’m going to try workout 3x a week and do a morning run. I don’t really enjoy exercise like this (i prefer sport or something as opposed ot running for no reason…gets boring) but i’m going to do it for a few weeks and see if it helps.

I really, really believe its about getting the body to “click”. The synergistic effect isn’t to be underestimated. Morning exercise will get my adrenals going and help balance things out.

Beyond that, if my Reverse T3 comes back fine i reckon i’m doing the right things to get my hormones where they should be.

Or, it will deplete your (already low) cortisol and make you worse. Exercise is good, but, if one day you don’t feel like going for a run, you should not go for a run.

I never “feel” like going for a run, though. That’s the point.

I think you have to push your body against its will, force the adrenal glands to wake up and hopefully reset a few defaults.

I’ve always been a low cortisol morning guy i bet. But i read you can change this by natural lifestyle tweaks like this. We’ll see.

I have to agree. I’ve done just that for the past 3 weeks and it’s helped. Prior to that I was lethargic, unmotivated, and in a downward spiral. I’m still going down, just not so fast.

Update.

Just got my base bloods back earlier (Well, some of them)…

Will edit this post will full list later but for now…

My estrogen is at an all time high …199pmol/L. (range is under 156pmol/L) WOW. That makes me happy about my decision to start arimidex.

FSH 2.2 (Up for 1.6)
LH 5.3 (from 5.5)

WBC count at the bottom of the range whislt my RBC is top of the range. I’m a little worried about my WBC count. My neutrophils low count (type of White Blood Cell) is below normal range… 1.85 10^9/L (Range 2-7). This would imply my immunse system isn’t at it’s best, atleast in theory because in reality im rarely sick…any input here guys?

Biggest surprise…morning cortisol at absolute top of the range.

Will look to get my ACTH back next time.

EDIT:

Ok, here’s a list of important ones.

BASE BLOODS:

Serum Testosterone 31.8 nmol/L (10-30)
Oestradiol 199 pmol/L (28-156)
SHBG 35 nmol/L (No range…but usually around 10-50+)
Prolactin 222mU/L (86-324)

FSH 2.2 (1.5-12.4)
LH 5.3 (1.7-8.6)

Morning Cortisol: 533 nmol/L (171-536)

TSH 1.53 mU/L

So…Good base bloods. SHBG dropped from 53nmol/L. That level actually completely changes my Free Androgen Index making it very healthy. So, assuming that level can remain (or even go down further) then it’s only really Estrogen that i need worry about.

Wow - you are worse than me for E2…

Are you starting to love Lady Gaga, concerned with how your clothes make your ass look, starting to like chick-flicks, etc.?

Interesting on the Cortisol though -too high is bad too -right?

High cortisol should be good (so long as its in range).

I’ll not comment on music preferences lol but no my affects are 100% sexual only. I think my high testosterone and DHT levels are maintaining my masculinity in the other aspects.

Not an update on how my arimidex treatment is going per se but just a random observation

My penis has been jumping around in size like crazy. I had literally full size again over the weekend (something i was sure i’d lost!!) but then at other times it’s much smaller. Girth mainly. And i don’t mean a little smaller, i literally mean that they don’t even look like the same penis (im talking about flaccid and erect). It’s nuts.

I was playing football tonight. My penis shrunk up terribly (with wrinkles in the middle of the shaft). 3 hours later…full size. Now sitting in bed a little cold…its all cold, lonely and tiny girth.

Clearly a blood flow issue.

Do we need to go past the prostate considering what the drug was made for.

Past the prostrate? Yes, ofcourse we do, right up to the brain.

You know this.

As for blood flow to the penis, healthy free testosterone levels are necessary for this as is a good T/E balance and DHT.

All these sexual sides are interconnected. Strongly.

And the fact that fin inhibits the alloprogenolone and thdoc pathways aswell has nothing to do with it? (The brain problem that you elude to)