Mens Rea's Battle against PFS.

Fuck.

I’ve did well with the whole no sugar thing but had a cheat yesterday when i was out for a meal - i had a banoffie pie for dessert. Not sure if this is the problem or not but i’ve woke up with prostrate pains and can barely pee. WTF

Mens Rea

are you still on progesterone?

Hi mate sorry i didn’t get back to you by PM…

No im no longer on the progesterone. It didn’t give me any tangible effects so i quit it after a month or so. I do believe it could work for people if they have signs of adrenal fatigue though.

As for dexa - i took it for a few weeks. It’s strange, it gave me prostrate pains and extremely watery semen. I think it’s clear i have inflammation in my prostrate.

I went off sugar for 4/5 weeks and at several points i have awful prostrate pain. I mean - shooting pains. For a few days i had to sit down while urinating. It was awful. Again, i think this is proof of inflammation.

Now im just back to normal diet etc. All i take is magnesium. I feel ok. Not recovered but im able to have basically normal sex (despite a smaller and weaker erection etc than i used to have). I think it helps and will do over the long run. Otherwise, im just living normally.

You are living what is my dream man…

yeah, this is interesting. after both me and noniman did the kos therapy, both of us get a lot of prostate pains after taking sugar. either the microbes feed on it or it increases inflammation… that’s really the possibilites. or it inhibits the 2-alpha enzyme :laughing:

Update:

I’ve definitely improved over the past couple of months…

I’m now about 80% give or take a bad day and a good day, of my old self.

There’s certain elements of my PFS which, i believe, are at least semi-permanent. Those are my reduction in penis size, mainly girth, change in semen appearance and the notable reduction in morning and spontaneous erections.

I can live with all of that, and do on a daily basis, albeit with fluctuations.

All I’m taking is zinc and magnesium daily. Nothing else.

I hope this upward curve can continue, I’ve no reason to believe it wont as it’s a very, very slow one. I continue to have a good sex life and no longer have any performance issues. I still shrink up after exercise etc but this seems to “recover” in a shorter amount of time than 9-12 months ago so i guess that’s just another semi-permanent reminder i have of PFS. I might never be the sex-charged teenager that i once was, but my brother, two years younger than me, tells me he most certainly has noticed a significant fall in his sex drive too and that’s just entirely natural on his end. So i guess i can accept what ive got given how bad fin fucked me up im just glad to be able to function at some sort of functional level.

All in all im happy. I definitely don’t take anything for granted, i’ll never forget waking up with a tiny nocturnal erection with a needle thick, insensitive penis that got half hard and shot clear semen. Never. But i hope i can continue to improve. Time is a massive healer.

I plan to get updated bloods in a few months to see if my T/E ratio has changed much, i think my estrogen may have “normalised” itself a little.

Mens Rea, that’s really fantastic and inspiring news. I rely upon Zinc and Mag alot myself.

Hope you continue to post updates as time permits.

Of course i will.

I’ll never understand people that “recover” and never come back. Not that i fall into the “recovered” category anyway.

I ran out of zinc about 10 days ago and neglected to order any more. Result was i didn’t have it for that time period.

I often miss my zinc, sometimes two or three days even, but missing it for a longer period of time has made me realise that zinc is easily my most important supplement.

Without it after 4 or 5 days i could feel noticeably weaker erections, less nocturnal and lower libido.

I probably still have estrogen issues to be honest. I’m back on the zinc as of today so i’ll be fine, although i might revisit the topic and look at other ways to further decrease my estrogen.

Any constructive help would be very helpful.

Hey mate,

Good to hear you have made some form of recovery , gives a lot of guys hope on here. I’m very certain that there is a problem with estrogen, my un-justified thought is that Test is not converting to DHT correctly so more estrogen is being produced.

Good luck,

Thanks.

I’ve always taken heart in several older posters who came back and said that they recovered a bit here and there over a very long period of time. I’m now over two years post-fin so i hope i can continue to make small steps.

Your on the right track! keep at it.

Hi Men’s Rea, mate whats the best test I can take to check my estorogen levels ??

Many say that males should get the ultra sensitive assay serum test for E2 levels, but IMO if you have high readings using the basic serum test that the NHS provide is enough. Conversely if you have very low levels the assay sensitive testing will become more necessary.

Update 12/9/12.

I’ve fallen off a bit to be honest. Not sure why, exactly. I’m still ok, though.

Nocturnal erections are weaker and morning ones are more rare.

I’ve been very active this summer - golf and football, but this doesn’t seem to have mattered. Although, i dont swivvel up hugely after exercise anymore which is something.

I got a bit lazy with my zinc/magnesium intake and often times i would miss a day here and there. I think this hasn’t helped. Furthermore, i still mastubate daily and my diet is poor.

I’ve now ordered magnesium high potency gels (400mg) which should be easier to swallow than the big capsules. I’m going to seriously cut down my masturbation and see where all that takes me.

Will report back in a few months.

Brief update:

Doing quite well since my last post.

Basically where I’m at right is that although i get very few spontaneous erections or surges, in real life situations or when i “get myself going” I can perform what could pass as normal. When i get going my libido becomes very good and i become very aroused in the correct situations. All of this is a massive change from 18 months ago.

For example, i recall that an ex made an innocent comment that i would go semi-soft quite frequently. Now this would never be an issue. I’m a sex pest to my current gf!!

Here’s something interesting though. The past month or so, just on three occasions, i was able to ejaculate with a very powerful squirt. Explicit, i know. The type of squirt i got pre-finasteride. Like over my shoulder stuff. Since PFS i almost always just dribble out or a small squirt. Each time it’s only been one big powerful squirt and then the normal dribble stuff, but these squirts have actually went further than i can ever remember. One hit my headboard on my bed.

I’ve been taking new special soft gel magnesium tablets (400mg) which i believe to be working some magic. However i also took copper a bit too. I’m going to try ascertain what caused this. I can say with virtual certainty that one of, or a combination of these (perhaps in sync with my zinc) brought this about. Over the coming weeks im going to try experiment a little and see if i can work this one out and then try ensure i keep doing what im doing. I really hope im able to repeat these as it’s high performance stuff and a good indicator IMO.

Isn’t it amazing that magnesium or copper could effect my ejaculation power in such a noticeable manner? Any doctor would say that’s crazy (apart from JN when he gets his stripes!!) but I prefer to work on real life evidence not books.

Anyway, it’s all relatively positive I’m glad to say. My condition in comparison to two years ago is light years apart. I sometimes can even forget that I was so bad. But sometimes i’ll get a prostate pain or a bad day where im looking very limp and i remember i still ahve PFS. However, in short, i’m happy and i really hope this thread can show that other people can make a partial natural recovery like myself, too. I think i will continue to improve over the next few years, too.

Any thoughts or questions?

I should add -

Apart from time and zinc, i would also seriously attribute my continued improvement over the last 10/12 months to drinking much less alcohol .

I am a binge drinker and would go out for a big night every so often but i also go several weeks without touching alcohol. I drink much less than i did previously as i don’t go out as much. I really think the heavy drinking compromised my system and impaired it’s natural ability to self-heal at any acceptable pace.

Just read through this thread which really takes me back. My penis was TINY at one point. I mean, it was needle thick even when erect. I don’t fucking know what caused that. I’ve definitely lost some physical size / tissue but now im much much better than before. At one point, for months and months, i had erections half the size of now and the semen was transparent. Wow. I really felt castrated back then.

Hang in there guys. No matter how bad it gets you can get better.

Good to hear you’re doing well, Mens Rea. Hope the improvements continue. Regarding magnesium, what type are you taking? Citrate, or a different type? Have you still been taking 800 mg/day? Any recommendations on a brand?

Thanks for your help.

I’m having similar high pressure ejacs… as well, as a good amount.

I’ve been taking magnesium citrate for weeks with other stuff… So you could be right about the magnesium.

here I am again…I believe Magnesium is crucial. I have recently proposed a theory that our problems originated from elevated histamine levels…Here is on very interesting study of the effect of magnesium on histamine levels in rats

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3111814