Low Basal NO/NOx Levels and Proposed Regimen

Is this garbage?
m.gnc.com/Force-Factor-VolcaNO/p … d=31721086

Yes, because it aims in induction of NO through the L-Arginine pathway. We want to induce Basal NO/NOx through Nitrate-Nitrite-NO pathway.

Something particular about the problem I have with sleep is that it’s not only as if the normal sleep processes are not working properly. In a more perverse and diabolical way, it’s as if my body was trying not to sleep or sleep the less possible. For instance, if one night I finally sleep after many nights of very little sleep, instead of giving me 12 good hours of sleep as I would need with the lack of sleep from the previous days, my body only allows me to sleep 5, 6 or maybe 7 hours if I’m very lucky. Also, sleeping pills that were working like a charm before PFS and most of the ones I tried don’t work, and the ones that are working become ineffective right the second night if I use them two days in a roll, as if I was able to trick my body into sleep the first night, but he finds a way to neutralize the effect of the drug the second night.

I’m mentioning this because I wonder if the interaction between sleep and nitric oxide would not explain that. I mean, maybe it’s not only that you need nitric oxide to sleep well, but that sleep has an effect on nitric oxide, maybe using it, thus lowering it, which would explain why the body is trying to sleep the less possible.

Maybe I’m theorizing too much here. Anyway, in my case, I have a very strong feeling that my body is purposefully sabotaging my sleep. What I like about that view is that it would mean that the body is functioning well and is just trying to compensate the nitric oxide deficit caused by fin.

Ok I have sleep apnea (not obstructive) off and on as well (a few times a month). Basically right when I fall asleep I wake up and I’m not breathing and have to manually breathe, then I go back to sleep and am ok for awhile.

I’ll admit that the idea that sleep itself in some way might affect nitric oxide is based only on my very subjective impression and might be completely valueless, but nevertheless, the relation between sleep and nitric oxide is very clear.

sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 094456.htm

I find all this discussion about eating greens very interesting given that Dr. Terry Wahls went down the same route to fight against mitochondria/multiple sclerosis. Her story is very inspirational and quite apt given what we are going through.

Minding your mitochondria: Dr. Terry Wahls at TEDxIowaCity
youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgBLw … f1cGrySErw

mariovitali thanks for all the posts really enjoyed them, good luck with your recovery.

1 Like

Instead of going out and buying the new supplement of the month, I highly advise you all to participate in the PFS foundation studies. This is mariovitalli’s second claim at a recovery via some bogus diet or supplement. He previously claimed he was recovered by eating red peppers at increasing doses…

There are a lot of users, i.e. mariovitali, JN, joetz, Finatruth, who believe they have found the answer to PFS and try to convince others that if they do just this one thing (eat red peppers, take copper and zinc, stem cells, progesterone), they will cure themselves of PFS. The fact that people believe them and try their methods is impressively stupid.

If you want the possibility of a cure, and a life without PFS, I encourage you all to think and act realistically. And that means go participate in the studies.

@dgreene

1. I never claimed a full recovery with red peppers (which i later found it was a DHT Inhibitor, hence no side effects - found out the hard way but that’s life). I know that in order for one to claim full recovery he should be feeling for at least 4 months normal (and i understand why), i never claimed such a thing. Plus, i am sure that you will at least agree on this : PFS is a hard nut to crack and several people thought they recovered, only to find they were wrong.

2. I probably spent thousands of $ to supplements because i wanted my life back ASAP (btw you are 24 whereas i am 45 and my situation is a bit more pressing than yours). I had/have every right to do so. I am so happy i tried because my life was going nowhere 1 year ago.

3. The fact that some of us are trying several regimens does not exclude us from participating in studies and/or contributing to the PFS foundation.

4. If i am to claim a full recovery, i will (try to) post to the Recoveries section. As i am sure you are aware, this thread was posted to the Theories section.

@andyuk
Cheers Mate,

Yes mito supplementation was/is beneficial and this was another disagreement i had with Droit. Droit is following -strictly- the regimen by Rich Konynenburg but there are others (Dr Myhill, Dr Teitelbaum) that see a mitochondrial failure element as well. We do not know the root cause for this (ie Impaired Methylation causes Mito dysfunction or vice versa or some 3rd unknown factor ). I never found a single CFS sufferer to claim FULL recovery. They feel much better (i also have) but there is always something missing. This missing link could be NO/NOx pathway.

@all
I continue to feel great. Side effects barely noticeable. Barometic changes do not affect me, i continue the methylation support with the added NO/NOx regimen… There may be even more good news (on the time to get an erection issue) but i will wait 10-15 days more to be sure.

Please let me/us know how you Guys are doing.

If we’re being fair then it’s realistic to do both, considering beet juice costs about 3 dollars at the local grocer. Ideas like the one presented is what has kept me feeling alive through all of this…picking up ideas from other people that don’t fully cure me but make me feel WAY better as a daily supplement. This is important and you can benefit from the things people post here.

Mario, can only your nitric oxide regimen help us without methylation regimen?

I honestly don’t know and i do not claim such a thing. If you felt much better with Methylation support then you should probably continue the supplementation.

I will try to remove as many Methylation supplements as possible (and report back) but Metafolin will probably be part of my regimen for life.

FYI this is my regimen (apart from T4 and Clomid - applicable only for me)

Morning :

Ashwagandha,MethylB12,TMG, P5P, Metafolin, Selenium,Magnesium, Half tab zinc/copper, Lion’s Mane (Note : i do not take MethylB12 and P5P every day)

Evening : Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Night : Ashwagandha

and additionally the NO/NOx regimen as described.

Third day on the regimen and I’m definitely seeing a difference in anxiety, sleep and brain activity. I’ve been taking 200-300 gr of spinach, radishes and beetroots.

Mario, will 200 gr of spinach or the equivalent of other vegetables be enough after a while?

I’m also doing the methylation protocol, taking ALC and alpha lipoic acid, milk kefir and omega-3. By the way, I usually don’t feel anything when I take the omega-3, but with this regimen, I feel something right away in my brain, as if something was woken up.

Apart from Johnson, who’s trying it?

Well i havent managed to follow this throughly yetnbut i can safely say that either NO or cortisol (or both are involved in my problem) because today i tried arginine+lysine, 2gr, when i woke up after 5hours sleep, and it sent me, once again, back to sleep.

So atnleast on my side, my insomnia seems tonreact positively to raising either NO or lowering stress hormones like cortisol.

Ill stick to eating 200g of spinach a day once infind stability as i moved yet again!

There is a possibility that boosting NO through L-Arginine is a problem for us. My specualtion on my situation is that supplementation with L-Citrulline/L-Arginine caused NMDA excitotoxicity (=tinnitus) every single time. I am not sure about what Lysine can do. Give 10 days to the protocol but -again- i must stress out that boosting NO through L-Arginine could cause you other problems which may take you back to square 1 again.

Sure!
I just wanted to say that at least my case seems to be connected to NO as well or cortisol, possibly both, because the larginine + llysine work. Im not saying to use it, the natural option seems much better. I was just adding to the discussion

So when ive reached some days in the spinach thing ill let u know my progress.

The combination of larginine+llysine, sends me to sleep faster than xanax and with more quality but i do have more skin crawling during the hours after ingestion. Could be what u say about excitotoxicity or could be from serotinin antagonism of lysine.

OK xptriado. I am sure you understand that whatever i say are speculations based on my personal experience. I also suggest you keep a detailed record of what supplements you take, how you feel,any side effects, your sleep quality, libido etc.

I know!
It was interesting i decided to try this supplement first, and then when i came here ure talkibg about NO.

Check this out peaktestosterone.com/Increas … rally.aspx

Great Find xptriado, Thanks!

dgreene I understand your frustration you’re not alone, many of us share the same feelings me included. But your post is quite aggressive and makes personal accusations, it’s the sort of thing that starts heated arguments on these boards. I’ve tried the progesterone method so I guess in your view, that makes me impressively stupid too. I can only speak from my own experience that following a regime gives me hope and feels like I’m taking back some control over my own health. I just had my first batch of rocket leaf today and apart from being quite expensive it tastes like ass but I will keep trying, if nothing else my diet just got a little bit healthier which can’t be a bad thing.

If you are following the regimen, one word of Caution : Do not use Mouthwash because it kills necessary Bacteria to create NO.

The Bacteria which exist in your mouth, mix with the Nitrate-containing food and then NO is made later in your gut.