Low Basal NO/NOx Levels and Proposed Regimen

Hi Guys,

First of all i am heading towards full recovery.

For the first time i managed to overcome a vicious cycle of feeling great and several problems (impotence, brain fog etc) that most of us experience. For the first time in my life, i feel that i am totally normal.

I do not claim a full recovery yet. But the fact that for the first time i feel that this vicious cycle has stopped makes me to strongly believe that this is the final piece to the puzzle of my problems.

I tried so many supplements, trying to feel entirely normal. I came very close by using a regimen that aimed in improving methylation, NGF Production, P450 Induction and mitochondrial support. But something was missing - until now. What worked -for me- was shockingly simple.Forget Methylation and P450, these are just steps along the way. I will provide links at the end of this post

I believe that the root cause of my problems (and possibly yours) is this :

Low Basal NO / NOx levels.

Any attempt to boost NO production through the L-Arginine pathway was not successful and it would generate problems to me.
Low NO/NOx levels lead to a host of problems with Mitochondria, Impaired P450 regulation, (Possibly) Neural Health and (possibly) Chronic Fatigue

What raises Basal NO/NOx levels ? By Eating nitrate-rich foods (Nitrate may be not that bad as it seemed to be previously). Simply do the following :

-Eat at least 200 grams of Rocket / Spinach leaves per day. Make sure you chew them well and chewing is somewhat prolonged.
-Drink beetroot juice
-Try to supply your body with these foods throughout the day
-Exercise boosts Basal NO/NOx levels

List of extremely Nitrate-rich foods are : Spinach, Rukola/Rocket (the most abundant source), Radish, Lettuce and BeetRoot.

From Wikipedia entry for Nitric Oxide:

There is another way which -i admit- is problematic : There are special bacteria that live in our bodies which help in NO/NOx production. However, every time you bath (especially when you use soap and hot water) you are killing these bacteria.

Since abstaining from Bathing is a problem, there are these people here that created a bacteria film in the form of a spray.

http://www.aobiome.com/

Please try the regimen. It costs almost nothing and its very simple to follow.

Here are some links :

1. daedalus2u.blogspot.com/2008/06/ … ilure.html
  2. aobiome.com/ (Company which will be supplying a special skin formulation which boosts NO/NOx levels.
  3. The Hugiene Hypothesis and Darwinian Medicine (ISBN : 978-3-7643-8902-4)
2 Likes

so only 200g of spinach every day and workout and beetroot? don’t think it will give even minimal effect but will try

Correct. Rocket (Rukola) is even better from Spinach.

Please note that i do continue the methylation regimen but now i only take Metafolin and 500 mg TMG .I also take Selenium, Magnesium, T4 for my thyroid and Clomid…but Clomid and T4 are for Testosterone and Thyroid support respectively since my HPA Axis is affected (i am Hypothyroid and i also have Secondary Hypogonadism).

Give it 7-10 days and please let us know how it goes.

ok i will but it today

I can’t get my head around any of this but with each new theory I become more skeptical. I’m glad something seems to have worked for you but you’re telling us to eat spinach and not shower essentially? Did I read something wrong?

Trust me, the last thing i want is to ridicule myself…i already acknowledged the fact that abstaining from Bathing is a problem and this is why AOBiome made that topical solution to enhance Ammonia Oxidizing Bacteria and thus boost NO/NOx through another route.

Please try the regimen, you have nothing to loose.

And is this something you expect to have to do for life?

From my understanding we are born having a Low NO/NOx Production profile and this cannot change.

Thanks Mario, the protocol is worth a try.
As for beet juice, I had an adverse effect with it and I try to avoid it because it’s a p450 inhibitor
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22465004

Thanks elijah,

Indeed very interesting link. I do not know why i didn’t have adverse effects to BeetRoot.

I believe that fixing the NO/NOx path is way more important than P450 inhibition/induction. Nitric Oxide is a potent inhibitor of NMDA excitotoxicity which should be one of our top priorities. I cannot imagine of the so many neuronal structures (including HPA Axis) that get affected from excitotoxicity. Of course without NO there can be no erections.

Essentially, i couldn’t control the excitotoxicity at my NMDA Receptors. If i would take any supplement aimed to increase NO Production (L-Arginine, L-Citrulline) i would get tinnitus (=excitotoxicity - in my opinion) but when i started this regimen everything worked great.

Give it a try elijah, Good Luck.

I should be able to find spinach and radishes, but probably not the other stuff.

You didn’t see any supplement that could help with that?

Unfortunately to my knowledge, no supplement can raise Basal NO/NOx levels

Can low nitric oxide cause vision problems?

Mario when u ran your results on geneticgenie did you get some SNP related to NO ? Because i did

Also, eating this much spinach and beetrooy everyday cant be good because of all the vitamins and so on?

Maybe would be better to find somo sort of nitrite supplment?

By the way, a good way to check if it works for you would probably be to check if 1hour after eating, your blood pressure starts to lower, up until the 3rd hour…

Keep in mind that we are not talking about simply NO but instead NO and NOx and i am not sure if a gene is known for this particular function. There is no supplement that can effectively increase Basal NO/NOx levels apart from the regimen described.

Because i eat a lot of Greens, i stopped Vitamin K Supplementation. I guess it would be better if you can somehow cycle all the different vegetables that are high in nitrates.

Regarding NO levels i can tell. I noticed that when i was bending my head downwards all the way, i would start having problems with my vision (seeing something like white spots popping all around). That means that there was an impaired blood flow to my brain for some reason. There were also cases where my legs became numb quite easily (by resting my one foot on top of another). All of these are signs of increased vasoconstriction which originates from low NO levels.

Needless to say that the best solution would be to just apply the spray with AOB Bacteria directly on your skin and then forget about having to eat throughout the day all of this stuff.

I’ve also noticed that limbs fall asleep easier than they used to. I also seem to feel a little better when I take Citrulline Malate which helps boosts NO. Keep us updated on your status please even / especially if you regress.

I sure will. If you read the Book that i listed you will see that -for some unknown reason- Basal Nitric Oxide is much more usable than the NO supplied through L-Arginine / L-Citrulline. I do not know why, but supplementation of L_Citrulline has caused excitotoxicity to me.

Something of interest :

ftp://ajlill.sentex.ca/pub/281.pdf

Mario, did you see a difference in the way you sleep?

jheldt.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-n … tric-Oxide

If you search my posts you will find that i would wake up in the middle of the night if there was abrupt -say more than 5 mb- Barometric Drop / Temperature Drop through the night. Yes i know, it sounds crazy.

This does not happen any more. No other regimen was able to stop this side effect. Every single instance that there was big Barometric pressure throughout the night, i had sleep problems (among other things).