Liver Enzymes can deactivate Testosterone and DHT

Can someone just get the 6b hydroxycortisol/cortisol ratio test. I would have done it long ago if it was available in my country.

Oscar, please show me any information/or theories as to how finasteride can upregulate CYP3a4 after quitting the drug.

While on the drug, with high estrogen and 6breductase inhibited it(cyp3a4) would be clearly have the potential to be down regulated.

Basically this idea is only interesting because it has some medical backing - and as far as im concerned theres no point talking about anything else.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4695&p=34053#p34053

However these rats where bred to have increased cyp3a4/sulta1 activity.

Is there any medical backing for a drug-induced and permanant gain-of function or loss-of function occuring to an enzyme? there are studies like the one below, but it does not directly relate to cyp3a4/sulta1 activity and Im not sure if this is even a permanant change;

ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/1251188/reload=0;jsessionid=SZz2NMYNeGOB6krqoIvH.0 (posted before, regarding alcoholics )

Hi everyone. Recently registered and want to bring up some ideas. Last month I found I have very low testosterone and upon further testing I have low pregnenolone and androstenodione and almost no vitamin D (even with years of 5000iu d3 daily). My symptoms include severe fog, daily headaches and irritability. Point being… if cholesterol is ok but pregnenolone is low, then the conversion of cholesterol needs examining. The Cytochrome P450 enzyme class is described as:

“…CYP450 enzymes are present in most tissues of the body, and play important roles in hormone synthesis and breakdown (including estrogen and testosterone synthesis and metabolism), cholesterol synthesis, and vitamin D metabolism.”

The mitochondrial enzyme CYP450scc is used to convert cholesterol “in all steroid-producing cell types such as… Leydig cells in the testis, and cell types in the adrenal cortex” and here’s the formula: cholesterol + reduced adrenal ferredoxin + O2 <—> pregnenolone + 4-methylpentanal + oxidized adrenal ferredoxin + H2O

When I found CYP450 and then I found it related to D3 it made me wonder if this is being investigated because I haven’t read people mention it. Vitamin D is serious. We have receptors for D all through our bodies and being low can increase risk of cancer, bone fracture etc… The correlation makes me ask if anyone can provide some actual insight into CYP450 or ferredoxin?

What do you think admin?

1 Like

Also for me there is a link with CYP3A

Could you have normal labs and this still be happening or no