Liver Enzymes can deactivate Testosterone and DHT

I have developed a theory based on Google. :astonished:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#Metabolism

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/pharmacology/enzymatic-conversions-and-anabolic-steroids.htm

P450 enzymes (various)

http://www.anagen.net/glaxo7.htm

Theory: The increase in hepatic p450 enzymes involved in the metabolism in finasteride resulted in their upregulation leading to increased percentage of deactivation of sex hormones. The cytochrome P450 3A4 is involved in the metabolism of testosterone also.

This may explain the ā€˜dynamicā€™ way in which the treatments with T seem to work for a short while but then their effects fade. The body increases enzymes to counteract the rise. it may also explain the poor liver results many sufferers have.

Also: I realise that this isnt much of a theory, more of a cobbled together bunch of facts. I would appreciate any insight anyone else can offer - thanks.

1 Like

Nice one :unamused:

Agreed about the cause, the final effect however can differ, for example sex hormones may not be directly affected. It could be any of thousands of things, like preventing T4 to T3 conversion in the liver, etc. Itā€™s clear that the liver enzymes were supra increased to eliminate fin which has a downstream effect on the body, but the question is how to identify the exact cause and how to treat exactly? Iā€™m hopeful and tending to think that speeding up metabolism back to itā€™s original point will allow the hepatic enzymes their proper time and eliminate buildup.

ok liver can deactivate sex harmones but liver can not make your balls mushy and smaller.

perhaps from the lack of hormones?

ok, can liver enzymes lower your LH and FSH too?
I have severe most side effects but liver enzymes ideal. Not elevated at all in all tests.

Some of your enzymes may be ideal, but medical science does not have full comprehension of what the liver does, so you cannot exclude it. Btw, when people get liver transplants many get improved sexual function and libido. Everything you eat gets converted into usable energy in the liver.

You ever eat pure honey, not the kind mixed with high fructose corn syrup? With wax? I get a huge surge of energy from this including libido, just doesnā€™t last long. Honey is a pure energy that the liver doesnā€™t need to spend much energy converting.

Also, if the liver doesnā€™t create an essential protein needed for nervous system functioning we will have the same problems.

So the clearence rate of sexsteroids would be upregulated. If this is true and everything else still worked as it should the body would upregulate lh no in order to get more hormones into the system again. That is quite the opposite of what seem to be happening when ppl drop Propecia.

The lh goes low, this is what we c in here from the labs. The most logical explaination would ofcourse be that the body senses all the extra dht and shut down production of T.
Why is it that we try so hard to find another reason than the most logical one?

yes I agree.I wrote before and maybe posted a link where some people got their liver screwed up after using Spalmetto but none of them suffered from low TT or ED. I even sent them emails privately and they were surprised when I asked them these questions. To me it looks their mal functioning liver indeed saved them from ill effects of Saw palmetto. It was not broken down and could not exert its piosionous effects on their nerveous system.
Further more we have one accutan users who is suffereing for 15 or 20 years and many fin users for 10 years, kemangd for 8 years after using SP none of these despite repeated liver tests showed any liver problems. yes enzymes are elevated but that happens with many drugs, but that does not really mean they are screwed up sexually as well.
sps

The lack of Vitamin D (25-hydroxy vitamin D) may also be due to a liver problem as the liver is a major step in its synthesis via Vit D 25-Hydroxlase.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D_25-hydroxylase

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcifediol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxylation

Prolonged ethanol consumption increases testosterone metabolism in the liver
sciencemag.org/content/191/4227/563.abstract

Inhibition and Activation of the Human Liver Microsomal and Human Cytochrome P450 3A4 Metabolism of Testosterone by Deployment-Related Chemicals
dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/31/4/384.full

Metabolism of Testosterone, Dihydrotestosterone, Estrone and Estradiol
ergogenics.org/anabolenboek/index11en.html

6Ī²-HydroxyTestosterone
caymanchem.com/app/template/Product.vm/catalog/10008519/a/z

The Contribution of Hepatic Inactivation of Testosterone to the Lowering of Serum Testosterone Levels by Ketoconazole
toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/content/54/1/128.full

Alteration in sexually dimorphic testosterone biotransformation profiles as a biomarker of chemically induced androgen disruption in mice.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10210693?dopt=Abstract
Endosulfan elevates testosterone biotransformation and clearance in CD-1 in mice

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9465275?dopt=Abstract

ok. if liver are screwed up then why Awor did not get any help from DHT. He applied and nothing happened. Othere people got the same experience by applying DHT ( I believe proviron).

thanx

sps

One last studyā€¦

Inhibition of steroid 5Ī±-reductase and its effects on testosterone hydroxylation by rat liver microsomal cytochrome P-450
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0003-9861(88)90386-4

7-Alpha-Hydroxytestosterone in Seminiferous Tubules of Rat Testis
informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/01485018308990170

But still I donā€™t get answer for DHT appication failure. Further some have very high DHT but still impotent. how would you explain that?

I think it could always be a valid explanation for some guys, but I personally donā€™t believe this is the source of my problems.

One important thing we are missing here is, many of us ended up in the worst situation when we quit the drug. That does not provide a valid explanation of how the liver could be tied into this. At least, unless someone could provide a reasonble theory as to how that could be the case.

I believe itā€™s important to look at some of the side effects separately at least in my case, because I had all of the sexual sides prior to quiting. However, I had no issues with building muscle and loss of energy and the complete breakdown of the body before quiting.

That seems more like skewed hormones than an issue with the liver. It seems to point more towards the HPTA axis and a problem with the Pituitary/Hypothalmus. This provides a better explanation for the neurological problems that most of us experience.

One of the key questions is how many of us experienced what I experienced? When you quit, did you experience the crash? Loss of muscle, complete loss of energy, loss of interest in everything? Esssentially a whole new seperate set of side effects? If the majority of us fall into this camp, we need to put more emphasis on this point.

Theortically, there could be a couple of different problems going on at the same time. Maybe this liver issue that you bring up or a kidney problem and a HPTA axis issue with communication to the Pituitary. I know we all hate to think there isnā€™t simply one issue causing all of the problems, but it just doesnā€™t explain how a whole new set of sides begin when quiting.

Men have been diagnosed with tertiary hypogonadism (hypothalamic failure ā€“ pituitary no longer responding to GnRH or hypothalamus no longer outputting pulsatile GnRH), and remain unresponsive to treatments designed to restore the HTPA and androgenic response in the body.

Why Finasteride caused this after quitting, is still the mystery we are trying to figure out.

Mew

Is accutane 5 AR inhibitor? I could not find any info on the net yet found that it alters DNA and causes cell death. It is a chemo therapy med. same is true for Fin. So they acutally caused cell death or DNA mutation in our muscles.
about HPTA I am not sure if it is a cause. I thought before but when read other stuff have to change my opion. you once qouted about Chris11ā€™s HPTA shutdown. But when I saw his all posts his HPTA had restarted some how. LH had increased and his TT jumped from 9.1 to 16.6 please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=755&hilit=chris although in his GPā€™s words ā€œHe has tertiary hypogonadism-hypothalamicā€¦ā€ Unfortunately he post last time on Thu Mar 20, 2008.

sam with me here. My LH has been around 1-2 for 16 months but in a recent test it upped to 5. So maybe problem is not in HPTA itself, but rather some enzymes or protines etc are regulating HPTA.

What I see on wikipedia about accutaneā€™s permanent sides

Permanent side effects
The following adverse effects have been reported to persist, even after discontinuing therapy: alopecia (hair loss), arthralgias, decreased night vision,[37][38] inflammatory bowel disease,[39][40][41][42] degenerative disc disease, keloids, bone disease, dry eyes,[38] dry skin[citation needed]. High dosages of isotretinoin have been reported to cause rosacea (a disease of severe facial skin redness and irritation)[citation needed]. It is not known how these side effects can be permanent but several studies have shown that Isotretinoin induces apoptosis (cell death) in various cells. A recent study[43] about how pharmaceuticals have epigenetic effects (for example DNA methylation) mentions Isotretinoin.

Maybe it is cell death or altered DNA at receptors level? our DHT is not being consumed so there is backlog and result is an increased production of Estradiol, prgestrone and other all un-wanted hormones which signal our HPTA to downregulate LH and FSH?

How can you explain that a woman can respond to a Testosteron injection perfectly and will get manly but we, once perfect males have no response now?
To me Awor is right about his methylation theory.
Finally also read this please

Drugs may alter epigenetic homeostasis by direct or indirect mechanisms. Direct effects may be caused by drugs which affect chromatin architecture or DNA methylation. For example the antihypertensive hydralazine inhibits DNA methylation. An example of an indirectly acting drug is isotretinoin, which has transcription factor activity. A two-tier mechanism is postulated for indirect effects in which acute exposure to a drug influences signaling pathways that may lead to an alteration of transcription factor activity at gene promoters. This stimulation results in the altered expression of receptors, signaling molecules, and other proteins necessary to alter genetic regulatory circuits. With more chronic exposure, cells adapt by an unknown hypothetical process that results in more permanent modifications to DNA methylation and chromatin structure, leading to enduring alteration of a given epigenetic network.

here is the link ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19501473

If this all is true ,man we are toast.

sps

sps, that post should be in methylation thread. That study has already been posted viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3901&start=80 , by me and others. Finasteride isnā€™t a chemotherapy drug. Accutane isnā€™t a 5 AR inhibitor (or not a very strong one at least).

Actually, it is, however moreso 5AR1. I donā€™t have the studies in front of me but there are many confirming retinoic acid inhibits 5AR activity, DHT and 3a-diol G.