Life taken away I'm dying

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you for being brave and giving us this opportunity to pass on our condolences.
It is clear from your posts that edrudds medical condition has been difficult for you and your family.
This experience can have a lasting affect on your own life.

I hope that you consider speaking to a therapist and release all the pain and loss that you’ve experienced.
You have done what you can for your brother. It is time to help yourself and think of your future.
I have learned how important it is to deal with painful experiences and release these emotions from the body.

It takes strength to face such emotions but on the other side awaits a better life.
We pass on all our strength to you and your family, please take care.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know and expressing your support to those of us suffering. We had been previously informed by a concerned doctor aware of his situation and I’d hoped this was not the case. On behalf of our website I would like to extend our sincere condolences to you and your family.

As others have said, this is a support site for patients experiencing persistent symptoms following endocrine disrupting drugs, and sexual dysfunction is only one of those effects. Patients experience symptoms of varying severities from a broad constellation of effects, and information regarding this is on our website accessible via the globe icon at the top of the screen. It is a very complex issue and it is not currently understood why we develop these problems when others do not. Self isolation, personality/behavioural changes and hopelessness are routinely experienced by seriously affected members here due to the devastating neurological and physiological effects possible. As you and he note, your brother had a long history of drugs known to be causing a “debilitating condition that adversely affects quality of life” that clearly had a lasting affect on him given his first statement in this topic. He appeared to describe marked onsets of different problems following further drugs with endocrinological effects, including a sexual dysfunction that he regrettably was not able to live with. It’s likely impossible to disentangle past behaviours from his history of exposure to these medications that are unsafe in a subset of consumers. I mention this in the hope that a consideration of other’s experiences following these medications, along with his personal attribution of the changes he felt in himself, might mitigate negative reflections regarding the person he was and help you all to focus remembrance on the positives about him and happy times you shared with him. Even though he was suffering he was clear he loved your family and you were in his thoughts.

As Edrudd is no longer with us and the restriction of membership of this website is to patients, his account will now be frozen. The PFS foundation organise research many of us hope will lead to elucidation of the mechanisms of the broader post-drug syndromes that are beginning to be seen as potentially connected. You may be interested to follow their efforts from time to time, and ours on our front page. All our efforts are focused on supporting patients as best we can while making sure one day these tragedies can be prevented with appropriate patient selection, patient consent to the real risk, and treatment for those suffering.

Thank you, and our best wishes you and your family.

4 Likes

Another life lost, my condolences to you and your family. Rest in peace young man.

3 Likes

I didn’t know he was dead … RIP

1 Like