I might have kidney disease

Do y’all have foamy, bubbly urine?

1 Like

Yup and dark no matter how much water I drink

1 Like

Yes to both cold limbs, ridged nails you name it all of our symptoms drop into kidney disease. Unfortunately I think the only treatment we could tolerate without kickback would be dialysis. Think my kidney function is getting to that point convincing the hospital is another matter

Have you had a recent blood test with ACR and GFR ratios? I would advise avoiding jumping to conclusions about kidney health based on things such as cold limbs and ridged nails which may have other causes.

2 Likes

I’ve got severe pains in my kidneys and a lot more related to kidney disease

I posted about this years back now Melcangi latest paper references kidney damage from finasteride…

1 Like

Is there anything we can do to fix Kidney disease ?

1 Like

Baking soda helped me more than anything…But you know that some people it doesn’t help at all…I would be willing to try anything at this point including dyalysis I wished we could talk to Melcangi or someone about this.

3 Likes

Baking soda blew me apart! Like everything else!

Even pre PFS I had kidney/urinary tract issues. I add a ounce or 2 sugar free cranberry juice cocktail to my water 3-4 times a day. Zero issues now. Try it. Works for lots of folks.

1 Like

Cranberry effects me too. I’ve developed an intolerance to almost everything unfortunately. Thanks anyway mate

1 Like

Best to get blood tests like CBC and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, which should include kidney function tests and liver function tests

Cheers will ask going to A and E this afternoon

1 Like

How does Melcangi know this?? What to test for? Does the mods here and at the foundation have no contact or exchange of information with him??

1 Like

@LazarusRy, Kidney function can easily be tested. The above are routine and inexpensive tests. There should be no reason for a doctor to fob you off about something so serious.

3 Likes

If the doc is blocking you, get tests done privately. Find out the answer. Avoid jeopardising your health even more.

2 Likes

I’ve had loads of tests done on my kidneys but they found no evidence of kidney disease even though I suffer from frequent urination since coming down with PFS.

Did you get an MRI as well?

Yes but they didn’t find anything.

If I do have kidney disease it mustn’t be detectable by standard tests.