I might have kidney disease

For a while now my kidneys have been really painful, urintion even heavier with many other symptoms worsening. I’ve been researching kidney disease and most of our symptoms fall into this bracket including memory, confusion, taste, smell, tinnitus, blurred vision, dry skin. I’ve seen a few posts about kidney disease but was wondering if anyone has had any treatment for this. My urine and creatine tests are normal but the pain is getting to the point where I can’t stand. Im on the verge of going to A and E but fear I’ll just be fobbed off as usual. Any advice is appreciated. Note it takes years for kidney disease to develop hence us sitting on these symptoms for a longtime

2 Likes

I’ve suspected are kidneys are having problems as well, I don’t think blood tests would find abnormalities, maybe an MRI could show something?

1 Like

Do y’all have foamy, bubbly urine?

1 Like

Yup and dark no matter how much water I drink

1 Like

Yes to both cold limbs, ridged nails you name it all of our symptoms drop into kidney disease. Unfortunately I think the only treatment we could tolerate without kickback would be dialysis. Think my kidney function is getting to that point convincing the hospital is another matter

Have you had a recent blood test with ACR and GFR ratios? I would advise avoiding jumping to conclusions about kidney health based on things such as cold limbs and ridged nails which may have other causes.

2 Likes

I’ve got severe pains in my kidneys and a lot more related to kidney disease

I posted about this years back now Melcangi latest paper references kidney damage from finasteride…

1 Like

Is there anything we can do to fix Kidney disease ?

1 Like

Baking soda helped me more than anything…But you know that some people it doesn’t help at all…I would be willing to try anything at this point including dyalysis I wished we could talk to Melcangi or someone about this.

3 Likes

Baking soda blew me apart! Like everything else!

Even pre PFS I had kidney/urinary tract issues. I add a ounce or 2 sugar free cranberry juice cocktail to my water 3-4 times a day. Zero issues now. Try it. Works for lots of folks.

1 Like

Cranberry effects me too. I’ve developed an intolerance to almost everything unfortunately. Thanks anyway mate

1 Like

Best to get blood tests like CBC and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, which should include kidney function tests and liver function tests

Cheers will ask going to A and E this afternoon

1 Like

How does Melcangi know this?? What to test for? Does the mods here and at the foundation have no contact or exchange of information with him??

1 Like

@LazarusRy, Kidney function can easily be tested. The above are routine and inexpensive tests. There should be no reason for a doctor to fob you off about something so serious.

3 Likes

If the doc is blocking you, get tests done privately. Find out the answer. Avoid jeopardising your health even more.

2 Likes

I’ve had loads of tests done on my kidneys but they found no evidence of kidney disease even though I suffer from frequent urination since coming down with PFS.

Did you get an MRI as well?