Keto help. coconut oil. Keto update*

ive started a keto diet and over the past couple days consumed a large amount of coconut oil and holy hell i CRASHED today. coconut oil is bad for 5ar and so are avocados. what in the hell am i supposed to eat that does not mess with 5ar?

anyone on a keto diet? im really struggling to find foods i can eat and this diet seems like its all 5ar inhibitors. oils, nuts, avocados, eggs are all off the menu now

please anyone have any advice?

I believe @Ozeph has experience with a keto diet.

@hippydoof as you’re still having symptoms so long after your use of isotretinoin, could you please take our patient survey? We have a reasonable amount of finasteride and SSRI patients represented but the isotretinoin group is lagging behind and we need all the patients we can get to take this survey. The results have already attracted the interest of a world leading scientific researcher and the more data we have, the stronger the case we can make for further investigation.

1 Like

done

2 Likes

Thank you @hippydoof!

1 Like

Somewhere it talks about coconut oil. Eat butter and fatty meats like pork belly.
2 Likes

I eat coconut oil daily, no sides at all, only benefits. Eat a lot of ghee butter, also great stuff for us.

1 Like

Thats the equivalent of i take finasteride for 20 years no side effects, each person has different needs.

Well.if coconut oil is making you issues you are one of worst PFS cases here on forum

I’ve been ketogenic for almost 2 years and I’m 95% symptom free.

My experience has been that you can’t eat much plant doing keto with pfs. I eat a variation of carnivore diet where I take most of my calories in animal saturated fat, my proteins from mostly beef (grass fed if possible) and the less than 4% calories from carbs, I get from eating steamed kale on one of my meals, and from 5 tbsp of low GI oatmeal right before brushing my teeth and going to sleep. It lowers cortisol and I sleep better.

Coconut oil has been difficult for me. I can’t stomach it ! But I can do coconut MCT oil, less than 1 tbsp a day (in my coffee)

1 Like

What’s the 5% that isn’t cured yet?

I know it sounds crazy but I am so incredibly sensitive to anything i put in my body. I react to even a tiny ammount of b vitamins. Im talking 1/8th of a capsule. My system is so fragile already and i was eating huge ammount of cocnut oil and after 3 days i crashed and felt it in real time. Mood drops, then confusion, then skin burns and loosens, then depression and severe anxiety and increased derealization. Wake up the next day feeling and looking like a plane crash. And tbh i think i am one of the worst cases on here. Not at all trying to compare my pain to that of others but i do have this pretty bad. I should always preface my posts that my system is beyond sensitive and things hit me harder so cocnut oil may be fine for most people but not for me. It did crash me there’s nothing else that could have

Ive been eating ghee the past day i think i will stick with it. It boosts dht and hormone production . i hope i dont react poorly too it as i haven’t eaten dairy in 5 years but so far so good

I was against diary as well, but it’s best way to boost T. I’ll soon try ray paet diet to boost my androgens. Vegan diet is not good for me, i ate to much of buckwheat today and i felt it really hard lol.

1 Like

crazy how these thing effect us. i dont think a vegan diet is a good idea for pfs/pas sufferers. try adding ghee even if you cant to meat i feel a little more focused today but that could be the clonazepam lol

1 Like

I eat ghee daily for two months, pretty decent stuff

1 Like

Insomnia. I sleep 5 hours straight and then wake up and toss around, sleeping lightly in between. I had worst.

2 Likes

Ghee is only technically a dairy. It contains no lactose, no casein or whey protein. It’s characteristic would make it fit more in the animal fat group, with 2% butyric acid other animal fat don’t have.

coconut oil makes me feel like when i took fin. that feeling of not finding words when trying to speak and also muscle weakness. doesn’t crash me though but it’s crazy how profound of an effect it has on me. it goes away in a few days or so tho

Yea i eat it daily, tho i eat diary as well now. I’ll change to ray peat diet to see how it works. That’s similar to yours diet right?

I don’t know Ray peat diet.

I eat nostly saturated animal fat, beef, kale, coffee with ghee and MCT oil and 5 tbsp of low GI oatmeal before brushing my teeth and going to bed. It’s around 18 gr od carbs, well within keto limits and does 2 things: it lowers my cortisol as insulin goes up, and it prevents any carbs cravings during the day.

I’m still repearing epigenetic damage judging from the frekkles on my face slowly disappearing. Dermatologist told my it was for life And it is epigenetic in nature.
The process is slow.

Ozeph, I am just asking myself if veggies are probably necessary because of fiber?

I eat keto/carnivore with zero veggies and my state hasn’t really got better. When I look at posts from cdnuts and others a lot of them ate paleo with veggies.

You ate veggies the whole time as well, right?