Keto help. coconut oil. Keto update*

Yes, I ate spinach. kale, cucumbers or romaine lettuce in one of my meals. I also took potato starch, mixed with inulin which are all fibers.

I’m in quarantine, and I’m now eating a small quantity of yellow lenses (dal) with that one meal. It’s very high fiber but also has carbs. Having been on this diet almost 2 years, I’m fat adapted and will readily burn fat whenever my insulin is low so I make sure I have low insulin periods of time everyday (by doing intermittent fasting for example)

As much as I know so far, better avoid these foods and you should be fine:

• avocados
  • pumpkin seed / seeds in general
  • pumpkin oil
  • cocoa nibs / limit high% dark chocolate consumption (though i eat almost daily some piece of a bar but thats safe)
  • nuts
  • soy
  • margarine
  • beans
  • coconut oil / reduce plant oils
  • corn
  • coriander

Depents of how bad is your state. I eat coconut oily daily and nothing but benefits. Also daily almonds and lentils so it all depends of your body. I recommend you some version of keto to aviod as much 5ar as possible.

2 Likes

This!

There’re individual differences at play even before PFS sets in. My simple observation is that I responded differently to different foods/diets within 3 years time span. We don’t share identical microbiome makeup. I’m afraid it has to come down to personal experimentation at some point.

I tend to think that the more recovery you make, the more tolerance you have toward different foods.

1 Like

Exactly, i tolerate foods way better than half year ago. I eat good amount of 5ari foods but they amazing for body.

1 Like

One forgotten side effect of PFS, we grow to become extremely critical toward our bodies and mental state. We look at everything with a skeptical eye and trivial things that we’ve taken for granted start to matter. Knowing too much can turn into a curse, sometimes.

1 Like

That is so true! I get random headache, i instantlly think i took to much 5ari and start worrying lol. Getting crazy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been keto for the past week and a bit and so far ive observed

Increased energy (kind of speedy/un natural energy but it helps a bit)
Severe insomnia (waking up really really early. Didnt sleep at all last night)
Elevated depression (some circumstantial stressors going on but im certainly more depressed. Keto lowers serotonin hoping it bounces back)
Much much better inflammation/bloating (most likely from the ghee. Not %100 but a marked improvement. I suggest ghee for everyone)
At first diminished libido but had sex yesterday and was horny in the morning
Morning wood is back over the past couple days

Enough for me to stick it out a bit and hope the negative sides lower

1 Like

Sadly no skin tightness improvement but heres hoping

Its an early stage of keto for you, so you might just experience the “keto flu”, which at least explains your depression and insomnia at this phase. Go through that and you will see a lot of benefits on keto. I myself am on keto since more than 2 months.

1 Like

quick update

eating ghee definitely helped me. my libido came back and was jerking off like mad sex felt great. mental clarity returned. doing absolute shit today tho. also i have insane constipation. like my sphincter has seized up into a tight fist i cant pass anything and am literally full of shit. so i will be stopping the ghee. idk what goes on or how any of this works. but ya it did help but now i feel like im in toxic shock from shit piling up