Keeping up despite embarrassed but lots of sided did ease despite me deciding they were perm. It's always better to just give it a week at least when in tragedy

Hey @Junkieasteride,

don’t do it man. Give it some time at least and think deeply about it; once you have made this kind of decision, there is no turning back. Please, be strong brother

1 Like

Hang in there, friend.

1 Like

@Junkieasteride can you please comment here so we all know you’re okay?

2 Likes

From the looks of it I believe he made up his mind, it’s very unfortunate but we would have heard from him by now.

1 Like

Our forum has turned into a cemetery - the second death in 2020. What’s next? Or who’s next???
When the damn baylor comes out…

3 Likes

Please don’t abandon us…Please don’t die.

1 Like

Oh man this is so grim if he went through with it, there was/is so much potential for him to improve and live a decent life. So bloody sad

2 Likes

This makes me so angry how is this drug still on the market, a stupid cosmetic drug that has ruined or even taken the lives of thousands of men, disgusting. it seems unrealistic that pfs is a 1 in a million or even 1 in a thousand problem, its gotta be higher than that. Even still there’s no biomarkers to infer if you are even at risk of getting pfs and yet it’s still being sold to millions of people virtually playing Russian roulette for hair. I can’t believe there isn’t more checks and balances for this sort of thing, they need to introduce a signed waiver before taking fin or other dangerous drugs especially when they are used for cosmetic purposes. Sure people need to do there own research but I just find the whole situation pretty fucked and legislators should be mitigating potential risk.

4 Likes

Bro, I believe you still want to live…based on your input, you’ve thought a lot and clearly spent time and effort to think through your life and its challenges. If you think you’re at rock bottom, it can only go up from here!

1 Like

I really think this is a modern contagion - people struggle to accept suffering. The notion of suffering immensely yet dealing with it and staying alive and hopeful is something so intrinsically human. The idea of staying alive, if not for oneself, for those around us seems to be often thrown by the wayside. Staying alive for our family, our mum and dad, those who brought us into this world and sacrificed so much for us, dear friends, and even those who we may not see face-to-face, like the many members on this forum who are directly and often seriously affected by our actions is something which shouldn’t be downplayed, overlooked or dismissed.

Yes, suffering can be excruciating at times, but often the more time passes the more one is able to contend with and manage the pain. As an agnostic, I don’t intend to preach anything religious, but the wisdom buried within religion is fundamentally about how to live in a decent way, what to value, who to value and how to bear a burden.

Life can be bloody hard, more often than not. We have been dealt a mighty blow in our lives. But we choose how to proceed in the face of this blight. Do we surrender and let it make us turn inwards on ourselves, neglecting all of our obligations to those dear to us and the world at large or do we look outwards at what we can do in the world, stand up strong and say, ‘I will bear this pain and act in a correct way, to further what I believe in and hold dear’?

The choice is entirely our own. Not Merck’s.

@Junkieasteride, you have a choice to make. You are young, you have only been off the Finasteride for two months. You have years ahead of you, many of which may potentially be good years. No guarantee, but you must understand something important - even if a cure doesn’t come about in the near future, your own perspective on your condition will change. How you feel about it, what you feel you are capable to doing with regards to it… Don’t act with haste as there is no going back. Not I, nor you can predict how you will feel in six months from now, not to mention a year or two years from today.

Wait it out for the time being. Cry, yell, be depressed. Do it all. Suffer. You may begin to see some hope. But you first have to wait. Give it six months.

10 Likes

Agreed with your post 100%.

Enjoyed reading it

1 Like

Don’t do it please, you have your whole life ahead of you. It’s always darkest before the dawn.

1 Like

I am wondering how many people have to die before drastic measures to be made and censor all this self-medicating crap on that forum? I mean, this has to stop, enough is enough! I am really hoping he doesn’t do it and get better soon, so he won’t think of suicide anymore. My prayers for @Junkieasteride

4 Likes

Junkieasteride, your suffering, your despair, your desire to leave, … we can all understand them because it appears that everyone has met them on their journey. On the other hand, I assure you that 2 months are nothing in this test and that your body can compensate for a large number of deficiencies if you give it the chance. Stay away from any molecule, from any hypothetical treatment that could worsen your condition but focus on a healthier lifestyle, take time to rest, get help, talk to lighten your load. Many improve over time and most certainly with a different PFS approach. You have to let go of the anger, the bitterness that is normal in view of the situation, and then focus on the future and the possibilities. You are absolutely not a failure but you are suffering, you are lost so let us try to guide you … I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to discuss it together

1 Like

I think we need to be careful here in downplaying Junkieasterides condition as suffering. If you read carefully the guy is being systematically tortured by PFS. He is experiencing high levels of anxiety like some form of PTSD from serious attacks to his body that will surely leave him feeling very frightened and helpless. That really goes beyond suffering. He is like a wounded animal that’s been corned and sits scared and unable to escape.

People here can write eloquently about pain and never giving up but its really not that simple. What is happening here is not natural. The human body is not supposed to fall apart in this way, it’s like a bomb has been set off inside of us and many of the worst affected simply cannot take if anymore. There is no shame in committing suicide under these horrible circumstances. There is only so much a person can withstand before they are pushed into taking their own lives. I was speaking with someone yesterday about this and I think there maybe around 500-1000 suicides by PFS. Just think of all the guys who don’t come to this forum, go to their GP and are diagnosed with depression and prescribed anti psychotic drugs which makes their condition much worse.

I am being tortured daily by this condition experiencing a rollercoaster of highs and lows throughout the day. That’s not suffering it’s torture. It’s like being pulled into a room having someone do something horrible to you then let go then brought back again to do the same thing again. These constant ups and downs are extremely hard to live with and that’s before you add in the effect of this condition on your life, job etc. I expect many of the guys who take their own lives are going through this and simply can’t take it anymore. I’ve learned to live with the loss but the torture and the lack of hope are major drivers for suicide. The level of depression that some guys are dealing with through lowered neurosteriods is unmanageable and extreme and is another factor for suicide.

What hope do guys really have. There are big question marks over the Baylor study, we have a Foundation that wants to make a movie about PFS and via its petition has waged war on a powerful Corporation before our studies have been completed. If you watched my vaccines video that I posted on here you will see that Merck are allowed to release drugs onto the market with minimal safety research. These drugs are causing multiple deaths and it appears that a certain amount of death and suffering much be reached before the drug is banned. We had vioxx that killed 60,000 people before it was banned and Fin has not caused anywhere near that amount of damage. So I wonder was the petition to ban Fin submitted too early and should they have waited until we had all our studies completed. I’m sorry if this is off track but I feel that hope is a deciding factor when guys are thinking of suicide.

8 Likes

RIP junkieasteride :pensive:

1 Like

@tisho1012

I don’t know if that should be censored, people want to get better they don’t have options, there’s no medical help. I think censoring it would be worse, it could lead to people trying all sorts of different things on their own without warning of prior experiences from others.

I think everyone’s body is going to react differently, and people have to aware of that some will work for one person but may cause devastating effects for another.

2 Likes

Censoring, making main thread that gives guide what is dangerous and what led some of the guys here to suicide others in way worse condition than initially, this is what I am talking about. There are stuff that people can do, fasting, healthy way of living, sports and all that, not jumping right away on the meds, not knowing what exactly are you treating… Taking stuff to see whether will make you better or worse is a no go for me, already went through this shit.

3 Likes

Somebody has his number ?

1 Like

Supplements should be only recommended here if they have worked for the patient for more than 3 months. I also think that users should have the option to include personal information so that their relatives and loved ones can be contacted in times of crisis.

1 Like