Joint pain

IMO, don"t take collagen, especially collagen peptides which is really too pure (like sugar is to carbs). With it,some people have gone worst to the point of ending it. Those things like collagen peptides, BHB peptides, butyrate salts, they don’t exists in nature. They’re too concentrated.

You seem in pretty bad shape and in my opinion, you would need an all natural diet before even taking bone broth or gelatin (both are milder forms of collagen)

However, if you can manage to become ketogenic, it’s really very good for the joints, the digestion and the brain. I know, I know. I keep repeating myself but it got me rid of most of my symptoms.

@Mercked it’s similar to a full blown crash but I they lasts days then I return to my shitty baseline. Unfortunately I get these quite often from food alone

I never had any lasting negative effects from taking collagen or bone broth. Around a year ago, i did have a strong reaction to the hydrolyzed collagen by Great Lakes and I have no tried it since. Brain fog/derealiation skyrocketed, anxiety, dilated pupils, trembling, and digestive instability. It resolved back to “PFS baseline” shortly after.

I developed a pain in my left heel. Can’t walk much. Doctors are clueless. My friend told me it could be osteoporosis

1 Like

Ive got exactly the same I get bone pain everywhere the heel being the latest part. Menepausal women get this, it’s also causing our skin, collagen issues and linked to estrogen. Osteoporosis being one of the many consequential conditions

Have you considered getting a DEXA scan? I too had terrible pain after my crash from accutane.

I decided to get a DEXA scan and my Z-Scores were terrible for my age (early 20’s). Osteopenia in both femoral necks.

1 Like

@09eric09 Did the joint pain settle?

Yeah, no more pain really. I haven’t got a DEXA scan in about 5 years, but last time I checked my Z-Scores had minor improvements.

I suspect I’ve had some more minor improvements in these last 5 years.

1 Like

That’s good to hear man. Slight upward trend

1 Like

@09eric09 No I didn’t ask, and even if I ask my GP won’t do it for me. They referred me to physio which is time wasting. But thanks for giving me this idea. I will provably go privately for that scan