JN's story -- former 2001 Yahoo Group Member

This article claims that hypothyroidism can be cured with chelation if it is due to lead in the body:

I think JN may have got it from here

thyroid-rt3.com/howisit1.htm

Anyway, i think Awor’s theory has merit but like others i hope its not true as i see no real solution for it. I have this feeling that Thyroid is going to be a factor in healing this, i always have. Hopefully JN can lead the way :slight_smile:

so after the 12 weeks are over,what do u do next?Do u reduce it weekly?I know that u cant quit cold turkey cause it could put u in a coma.

jn

please be VERY careful with t3 only therapy after you’ve confirmed that the rt3 is removed/LOW

other guy(s) on dr johns board have had increasing SHBG due to t3 only therapy

it would be good to chefck your current high shbg value against some of yours in the past

later on you will have destroyed rt3, but you will have no bioavailable testosterone anymore

please proceed with caution!

good luck

He will be fine…I’m sure if he throws in some T4 after RT3 is cleared out…that will resolve any shbg issues hopefully.

Hey chaps,

Thanks for the above advice re, throwing in T4 with SHBG issues. I’ll look into this. At least, I’ve noted it down.
Life is pretty good now. I’m feeling really quite content and calm and happy these days.

Life got better on 100mcg of T3, and in the last 2 days I’ve upped my dose to 150mcg. I feel happy, quite horny, erections nocturnally and in the morning (reasonable quality/good quality) and sex is easy, although not plentiful. I can get full erections (although not with that added 21 year old ‘power’).

I’m functioning well at work and my girlfriend is happy. I’m not the man I was (or at least the sexual animal I was) pre fin but I’m doing more than get by; life is excellent. I’m 31 now, and maybe I’m as sexually functional as other 31 year olds??

My body temps are not yet corrected. I oscillate between 35.8C and 36.4C (where normal is 37.1C) so I clearly have some room for improvement with upping the dose of T3. Many people find they need 200mcg of slow release T3 to feel better, and I won’t stop until my body temp has reached normal.

Please bear in mind that I have come from being a depraved, cachectic, profoundly depressed, non functional, asexual skeleton of a human being to where I am now; a happy, sporty, sexually functional person with a lovely girlfriend. As I sit here and ruminate on my journey, it’s clear that this is a thyroid-adrenal issue. This T3 is changing my life. And it isn’t even being prescribed properly.

In addition to my endo, I am consulting an anti-aging doctor named Dr Julie Bradford who is the best doctor I have ever seen. Fantastically bright, and within 20 seconds she had snapped onto my main concerns re, what was not being addressed by my endo:

• my adrenal needs support (probably via prescription of hydrocortisone)
  • ferritin, B12 and folate need optimising
  • T3 should be prescribed 4 or 5 times a day and titrated to one’s body temperature.

The above she will do. May I just say that endocrinologists will not solve this. the only doctors to see are young, open minded anti-aging doctors. Dr Mariano sounds like a good deal. Anyone with Professor before their name should not be consulted. I’m serious.

And also, does anyone fancy trying to talk Awor out of his ridiculous IV procaine experiment. He may actually kill himself. The guy is deluding himself that this is an androgen receptor issue. This is mainly a thyroid adrenal issue. One’s amazing sexuality at the age of say, 21, is due to the optimisation of all hormones in their normal ranges. From my experience thyroid hormone is the main player in most of my symptoms.

As I sip my South Australian Shiraz, I feel life is good. And there’s more to come.

Keep up the hope chaps, cos we’re really getting somewhere. That includes you, Boston332!! We’re almost there!!

JN

Hi JN, im glad your doing well.

I am a suffering from the side effects of Propecia very badly. How would you explain to a doctor (on the nhs) what your success has been attributed to?

Is this seriously going to happen? Awor is one of the more cerebral contributors and without his imput (due to death :confused: ) this place would be worse off. Of course there is only one way to see if Procaine works - and thats to try it. If it works it will be amazing. But how much procaine to take and for how long are all unknowns, and youd better have a doctor by your bed if anybody makes such an attempt.

JN,

I’m happy to hear you are doing well. Everyone is following your story closely and many are pinning their hopes of recovery on your story.

I was doing pretty well myself, up until this past Sunday. I think I over did it exercising and caused my cortisol levels to change. The last couple of days I have been feeling crappy.

I have not seen as good a recovery as you have and I’m hoping it’s simply that I need to be on T3 rather than Armour.

Are you still taking TRT and HCG as well? This could be giving you the Adrogen kick that I’m just not getting from Armour.

Thrilled to hear about your progress JN! Let’s all pray that this was a big part of the missing link that you have devoted years to finding.
Myself,I am still going about the HRT route experimenting with higher doses of Test/HGH.Sadly my progress is always shortlived.
I will be checking thyroid numbers thanks to you!

Hey.

Just want to go on record here as saying a couple of things. It’s just past midday here. Normally I only write updates in the evening, but I want to write something here now…

1. I suffer in the mornings. Mood is low, I don’t feel like talking to anyone, I feel grouchy, I feel there’s a dark cloud over my head and shoulders. This has been the way for years. Come 1pm, I pick up in mood, seemingly on the hour! I am always relieved when 1pm comes as I can breathe a sigh of relief.

2. My nocturnal and morning erections have worsened since being on T3. My overrall erection quality, however has improved. 10 minutes ago I tested myself and I can get a big old erection. Proper structure, and quite easily, without trying and without a libido.

My point is this; feeling shit in the morning and better in the evening is an ADRENAL issue. Also, why have nocturnal and morning erections worsened as I’ve been on T3? I propose that the adrenal gland (via cortisol) is responsible for this. In addition, my ‘drive’, my ‘ambition’ has worsened since being on T3.

T3 causes adrenal weakening, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I have a degree of adrenal fatigue. Previously DHEA and Cortisol (see above recent tests) have been high, out of range.

Just want to note this down. Thankfully my anti aging doc (who is excellent) is looking at everything; she is so wonderful. I love her. Looks like a beautiful barbie doll and is as bright as a button. Listens to the patient, adds on any test I want, goes on thyroid/adrenal forums…

Anyway, we’re getting there…

JN

Are you going to take some Hydrocortisone?(I think most doctors start at 10 mg(5mg in morning and 5 mg in evening).) and then boost it up to 20-30mg if needed.

Good Luck!

Jn mate get her to look at your zinc levels, cause this is one of the most classic zinc deficiency symptoms of them all :

You want Zinc picolinate 50mgp/d, i had to get from compounding pharmacy in N.Z. Take with b6 liquid form and see how you go.
Disregard all other forms of zinc as they probably wont help you. And for god sakes watch out for those dingos! :wink:

I’ve read in many places that correcting thyroid function “unmasks” aldosterone or adrenal issues. Basically you need proper quantities of everything, so if you start to dose T3 and speed up metabolism your body may not produce enough cort or aldo or iron and you have symptoms again. You can go up to 2 years before your body’s production of Cort catches up for good if it does at all. If our bodies were deficient on T3 then it’s likely adrenals were working overtime until they wore down leading to a crash.

Question: immediately after taking T3 for the first time, in the first week, how were your rythems? down in the morning?

yeah man morning low and afternoon dip especially after a lunch is low cortisol, lot of yawning

10 mg in the morning is a good start

i am at 30 mg now daily works great, will stabilize blood pressure from low 100/60 to 120/80 in just three days (happened with me)

build up to 20 mg at least daily, 10 is too little

Hi JN if you do have problem with your addrenal, maybe this guy can help you

adrenalfatigue.org/

This website is quite interesting and the side effects of having weak addrenals mimic what most of us are going through.

JN, I’ve been thinking about your situation overnight. In addition to the quoted info, I think there are other factors that can be bringing you down from T3 treatment:

1. you’re consuming alcohol. I’m not anti-alcohol, but know that my condition does not improve when I drink. Alcohol alters liver enzymes and the liver plays a role in all substance we put into our bodies (in fact converts T4 to T3 and RT3), so by drinking you put burden where you are already overburdened.

2. You have reduced your supplemental Testosterone and DHT. Perhaps you need the boost of extra Test/DHT with increased metabolism especially as you are in this thyroid/adrenal repair stage.

3. Your T3 treatment has been a little unorthadox in reducing RT3 so the process could run different and take additional time. In addition, increasing T3 is going to put a strain on cortisol, so if your cortisol production was already being stressed the body may not have what it needs for increased demand given increased T3 supplementation.

This is still all promising. Do you keep a daily journal of your treatments and how you react? I’m betting as T3 increased you reduced your Testosterone intake. Increased metabolism could have consumed additional reserves such as cortisol, so while you had it you felt great, and then while it started to decrease you really noticed the lack of extra androgen. Keep in mind it may not be as simple as this, but it makes sense.

I’m sorry, but I think this post should be moved in the member stories section. This is NOT a recovery

Yeah, and who the fuck are you, fresh fish? Piss off. Welcome to the forum and how about you get some respect for those of us who have been suffering for years on end? I’ve treated my body like a crash test dummy and reported back to this forum (for better or for worse), and I’m not going to tolerate your pissy one liner. You’ll only learn from this thread. Piss off.

I’ve made an excellent improvement since the depths of my suffering in 2004. From being suicidal, racked with depression and weighing 48kg, no ability to get even a semblance of an erection and 2 drops of water on ejaculation, I am now a healthy, good looking, muscular 70kg, with reasonable sexual function, a beautiful girlfriend, an excellent job and one hell of a load of wisdom. And I’ll only get better. I bet you.

JN