JN's story -- former 2001 Yahoo Group Member

Hello.

I’m just returning to my thread to bump it back into some sort of popularity, This is because I can’t see it rot away in the ‘theories’ section, when I’ve made such an excellent recovery.

Out of the many thousands of troubled men who have visited this website, I’d say I’ve probably made a more complete recovery than all of them. No, I’m trying to be a grandiose, self centred fool, but I’m probably being fair and honest.

It’s just a shame that the whole emphasis of this website is on finding a single cure, which will never happen. Unfortunately, the PFS Foundation, whilst necessary and well intentioned, will find nothing of any use.

I urge everyone to take their body temperature. A simple thing to do which will take less than a minute. You will find it is low. You need to raise your body temperature to make a recovery. I have outlined to exhaustion how to treat one’s low body temperature. And obliteration of systemic pathogens (yeasts and parasites) is central to clearing the path to a recovery.

Then, sort out zinc:ratio, and treat adrenal fatigue, which everyone will have.

May I humbly say that my body is fighting fit. My sexual function is excellent, morning and nocturnal erections, spontaneous erections, full ejaculate, high libido. Excellent energy levels and mood. No anxiety. Good nail quality, more body hair than ever.

This isn’t a difficult thing to solve if you address the above. You can do it. But you can’t do it if this website is guiding people down the wrong path.

Take care

JN

JN,

just know that when you say the things you do about the PFS foundation like the above: “they will never find anything of use”, it will in fact make certain people lose all respect for you because clearly you lack logic.

you have done a million different things and have not a fucking clue as to why you are better, and many things that you have tried are just plain dangerous

i think people like you are a distraction, and that you will hurt more than you will help

anyone who clings to posts like yours and will actually shit talk the PFS foundation is a fool, plain and simple

i am glad you feel better, but i am personally sick of the things that people like you say.

no matter what you say, or any of your oh so desperate supporters will end up saying in your defense, you are NOT helping anyone when you start shit talking the foundation, and it just shows that you lack logic and critical thinking

Len, well said. Perhaps the foundation should invest every single penny in studies of gut flora/bacteria, and the effect of pathogens. Yes our low body temperature has something to do with this as does the adrenals, but to carry on about bullshit pathogens is ludicrous, and at the expense of the foundation which is investigating PFS is even more moronic. You can thank the 10 years you have had Pfs for why you feel better.

JN I beg to differ with you a bit there. Low body temprature is just a symptom not the cause. raising it with the help of thyroid meds may bring some relief but no cure. I personally know four hypothyroid persons and one hypogonadal person (due to pituitary tumor and very very high prolactin). these people with thyroid meds were not like us , and taking meds did not bring dramatic difference in their health. The fifth guy is on meds to control his prolactin and also uses Androgel. He has constantly low body temperature. He told me his symptoms suddenly started after a head injury. So do you think if he can raise his body temperature he would be fine? I don’t think so.

The only area i agree with JN is that with normal temperature the body is able to fight against bacteria and other internal implications. It also means that the thyroid is functioning proerly, thus the hormonal pathway is somewhat functional.

It’s not bacteria or pathogens you fucking morons. I’m sorry but someone has to bring sanity to this thread. I think it’s quite clear that despite “normal” thyroid numbers out thyroid is not working right. Cold hands, loss of hair on lower legs, lower arms; loss of hair on outer eye brow ridge etc. this has nothing to do with an invasions bacteria or pathogens you dumb ass people. Mew, any chance we can block these guys? It does absolutely no good to our treatment or scientific advancement i
Of PfS

Let’s consider it this way: if you’ve always been very healthy and were now catching viruses all the time and getting skin infections and cavities every time you go to the dentist when you never had even one before in your life, it wouldn’t come as a big surprise if your defenses had not work properly dealing with gut parasites either. I’m not saying it’s the root cause of PFS, but it might explain why people get stuck in that state. Why discard the possibility that some people here have that problem just because it doesn’t fit into your personal PFS theory? Whatever the theory, it’s an approach of the problem. We should at least test it before we say it’s valueless.

Hi,

That’s ok. I agree with the abusive guy who said that some of the things I’ve done are plain dangerous. You’re right. When I look back, there were several stages over the last 10 years where I could’ve died from the dangerous measures I took to get myself better. I fully concur that over the years I was desperate to get myself better and felt there was nothing I wouldn’t do to repair myself.

Spstriken; you make some interesting points. With respect to ‘body temperature’; I believe it is probably the gold standard marker in PFS but that a recovery of body temperature DOES NOT equal a full recovery. And yes, I agree with you that thyroid replacement which elevates the body temperature doesn’t result in a complete cure. I have been down that road myself; I managed to lift my body temperature somewhat but then T3 caused adrenal suppression (my cortisol was blasted downwards). I agree that correction of thyroid alone does NOT give full symptom relief as one is only papering over the cracks. One needs to TREAT THE CAUSE of the low body temperature and evidence suggests that pathogens need to be obliterated first.
Spstriken; This brings me onto your next point about how your friend’s symptoms started after a head injury. Yes, I believe this is understandable. A head injury constitutes a significant stressor (environmental disaster) on the body and this will stress the adrenals, possibly causing adrenal fatigue and/or shifting of T3 to rT3, lowering body temperature. In the case of your friend, androgel and dopamine antagonists (prolactin reducers) certainly will not adequately treat his symptoms unless his adrenal fatigue is treated and yes, he will have systemic pathogens due to his low body temperature.

I believe the administration of a potent drug such as finasteride constituted a similar environmental disaster for all men here, all of us having a degree of adrenal fatigue and all of us having low body temperatures and all of us having systemic pathogens.

I’m not coming back here for my reputation sake. Genuinely, I’m returning here to help.

Of course, whether pathogens are involved or not is currently a matter of opinion. My opinion is pretty clear. I come onto this website very rarely, and represent little of the opinion here. I’m in the minority.

However, if I may back myself up; I’m a medical doctor with over 10 years of clinical experience, have suffered horrendously from the effects of PFS and I have thoroughly corrected myself. To be direct, and to the best of my knowledge, my progress and cure has far superseded those of Mew, Awor and other moderators on this forum. I’m not ‘showing off’, but am probably being factual.

I’m not asking anyone to believe me, but please for your own sakes, when the PFS Foundation find nothing, do the following three things:

1. spend 30 seconds taking your body temperature. You’ll find it is low.
  2. get a stool DNA parasitology test and a blood electron microscopy test to look for systemic infections, which all men here will have. Pathogens grow at a low body temperature. They need to be obliterated.
  3. treat adrenal fatigue and zinc:copper ratio

I’m leaving for another 6 months or so.
Take care

JN

hi JN, it is the “abusive guy” here.

plain and simple, the thing that pisses me off is when you and others essentially mock the work the foundation has done. it is classless and foolish.

i am sure there are many people here who would be happy to listen to you and Chi talk all day long about all the healthy things you guys ate and supplemented on your road to “recovery”, or whatever it is. they will do that because like me, they are desperate for a resolution this.

but, for the last time, when you or others mock the work being done by the foundation (actual science), you are being a total and complete prick. this is a fact. nothing anyone can say would change my opinion. they have done more for our community than you or any other “recovered” person have ever or will ever do. this too is a fact.

again, i am so happy for you and Chi that you feel “recovered” and i hope it lasts a lifetime, and i mean it, but i am bloody fucking sick of the smart ass remarks about the foundation.

any person with the capability of using simple common sense is able to brush your comments aside, but there are many desperate people here who would do just about anything to recover.

shit talking about the foundation only sets us back, this is a fact. anyone who does this only slows us down, and i want you to know that anyone who does that is someone i consider a personal enemy, and someone who is a threat to myself and others ever getting the answers and treatment/ cure which we deserve.

hopefully this is all very clear and there is nothing else i need to say to describe my personal feelings about the things you and others say regarding the foundation.

enjoy your life.

Hi Len,

I hear what you say, and I’m sorry I’ve upset you.

I’m not ‘shit talking’ about the foundation, but merely giving a personal opinion that the foundation will find nothing. I’m sorry that you find my opinion threatening. Surely there is nothing wrong with a balanced, realistic opinion?

May I remind you that this is my thread and you’re essentially commenting on my page. You’re welcome to comment, of course, but you must realise that on my thread, I will express my feelings about the recovery process.

The spirit of this website is that we’re in this together, and I care very much about your progress, your feelings and your future.

Good luck

JN

Congrats again JN. Thanks for taking the time to actually come back and update up semi-regularly, despite the abuse you take from people who, ironically, still feel like shit and are…to put it simply… just being drama queens.

After you brought up the RT3 issue in this thread, I went out and got a RT3. My results came back high, just like you. I started the T3 cycle and although I made some mistakes (high thyroid vs low cortisol have similar symptoms), it helped. I plan on running it again after summer, as I know my RT3 is back up slightly due to not 100% completing the previous cycle correctly. Did you have to do multiple cycles or was one enough when done correctly? You mention you have similar cortisol issues doing it…

Noone said it is bacteria that cause pfs. With low body temp you get a lot of other symptoms including unhealthy bacteria.
You should understand that this is a forum where we exchange ideas and we ate trying to understand what the hell is going on.
If you have the answers and you know what pfs is please share it with us.
I remember you strongly supporting a theory about progesterone receptor. Do you still believe that?

too fucking bad if you think i am being a “drama queen”. i have made it very clear that i am not upset that people like JN/ Chi share their versions of “success” stories. i am unhappy that they feel the need to mock the foundation whenever the opportunity presents itself. that should be very clear to anyone who does not have a reading comprehension problem.

if you do not see this as being a bad thing then you are a complete fool.

i get it. you feel bad because research is a slow process and the foundation does not update us all the time. well boo fucking hoo. use your brains and accept the current situation.

people who come here and claim “recovery” and then make sure to mock the foundation in the process are a bad thing, a total distraction, and do more harm to the community than good. then, people like you who just brush it off like it is no big deal only make things much worse. i guess you truly have no idea how many vulnerable and desperate people are on this forum.

it is sickening when people who have done absolutely nothing for this community sit behind a computer screen and publicly mock the foundation and those who try to stand up for it.

this has to be one of the most ill advised patient groups ever, and that aspect of our problem seems to never get any better despite the great progress that has been made thanks in very large part to the PFS foundation. sadly, it just seems like it will never change. their will always be fools lurking in the shadows.

again, you guys talk all day long about parasites etc. if you want to, i do not care, but those who mock the foundation publicly or those who refuse to stand up for it when it is being mocked are people i am forced to consider my enemies and a threat to my ever getting the scientific answers and treatment/ cure that we all want/ need.

hopefully this will be a bit more clear to you. i am fucking sick of it.

Can we ban JN from the forum, Mew? Seriously. He comes on and post so he can “bump” up the popularity of his bullshit posts. Sorry, but he shouldn’t be allowed to post anymore.

He is just trolling us at this point.

(1) I don’t think a single person is “mocking” the foundation. Just because someone does not think that the foundation will find a cure, does not mean that they are mocking it. Its a simple opinion. Are people not allowed to post here because they have an opinion that does not fit yours?

(2) You must not understand MY position on the foundation either (it seems JNs is similar). I love the fact that the foundation exists. In fact, I have donated more money to it than I care to admit. Whether you believe that or not, doesnt change that fact. Do I personally think that they will find a cure (at least in the next decade)? No, I dont. I would LOVE for them to. But just because I dont believe so, it does not mean that I am mocking them, working against them, or misguiding others.

(3) Look at your own situation before lecturing others. You are coming into JNs personal thread that is specifically set up so he can track what he is personally doing and how he is personally feeling (including his own opinions). Not a single person is forcing you to read his thoughts or comment on them. That 15 minutes you spent huffing and puffing and typing out your emotions…that 15 minutes could have been spent working, making real money that you could have donated to the foundation.

I guess it is really just pointless. What I am saying obviously is not understood and certainly not accepted. You are free to your opinions, all of you, but I urge you to really think things through before you speak or act, and understand the desperation of the people reading. There is no need for these people claiming recovery to be saying what they are about the foundation, and you know it. They are baseless claims and they serve no purpose, and they have been made many times by the same people. It serves no purpose and for all of us is only a negative thing.

I just honestly do not relate to this board other than the information aspect and would probably just do better by not posting here anymore, and obviously not in these JN/Chi etc. recovery threads, but I sincerely hope they will think through every aspect as to the power of their words when they say the certain things that they do. Again, I am sooooo happy that they feel good again and I mean that and they have given many interesting nutritional/ health opinions.

Anyways, I am done here, and I truly hope people will just think a little more before they say the things that they do. Good luck and feel better.

Exactly. And what was the point of JN’s post the other day? To update us? No…he just wants to get more eyes on his crazy theories.

This debate and negativity has gone on long enough. For people interested to read JN’s various theories, feel free to read the thread, but everything that needs to be said here has been done so ad nauseum.

However, ongoing in-fighting amongst members and slandering of a non-profit foundation setup to help investigate root causes of the condition will not be tolerated. The Foundation’s goal is to try and uncover the reasons for persistent Finasteride side effects from a scientific POV. To slander a foundation whose sole goal is to try and help PFS victims is simply disgustingly shameful behaviour, and unnaceptable.

The bottom line is any members on this forum claiming to have “the cure” or know exact reasons for the cause of Finasteride side effects (aside from those which have already been scientifically documented in various published studies) is simply conjecture.

As much as everyone is grasping for answers, we need to give the scientific process and researchers time to hopefully uncover answers, which will hopefully lead to pathways towards effective treatments. If people instead choose to theorize about toxins, parasites, cand1da and other pseudo-science as root causes, that’s your perogative… but leave the Foundation out of it, and consider posting on a different website altogether. We have increasing media, medical and legal attention on the PFS problem, these types of posts do nothing to help our cause other than give disbelievers and opponents ammunition against what we are trying to prove.

This thread is locked but will remain here in the Theories section for future reference, for time being. I hate having to step in on these things but enough is enough.

There was barely any spontaneous recovery for me by my own body alone. (That said, there was a slight improvement when I did weights for 3 months in a row), but it stopped when I stopped doing weights and went back to normal.