ITV This Morning TV Show Talks Propecia (Me)

Merck fucked with the wrong guy when it comes to Paul Innes. You ledgend. With this and the Italian research, it feels like June '14 has been an outstanding month.

1 Like

And now…

Paul’s story hits Africa. Here it is in the Nigeria News:

uk.onlinenigeria.com/health/1579 … ction.html

So let’s see, that’s the UK, Malaysia, Vietnam, Hungary and now Nigeria.

(Wonder if Merck is going to sue all those nations for besmirching its good name?)

Meanwhile, if you Google “Propecia,” the Daily Mail story comes up No. 3 (rising from No. 4 two days ago):

google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=propecia

I love the smell of truth in the morning.

1 Like

Posted my comment… Not sure when/If they will show it.

Some of my comments got approved! I was propeciasucks :slight_smile:

Superb, much appreciated, thank you every one of you !

Thank you! This will give awareness of PFS another huge push. Well done and much appreciated!

You got to love all the ignorant comments. “Shave your head and get over it.” Guess what, that’s exactly what we would have all done if there wasn’t an entire industry and medical community offering a “solution” that they swear is safe. I am sorry but no one will truly understand this unless they get sick with it. Its truly unbelievable the full extent of this, really! Its like being in a different dimension. Unless your on this side you just won’t ever get it.

1 Like

I think you represent yourself and the condition amazingly well. A genuine, from the heart delivery. Major props for doing this.

Paul Innes’ appearance on This Morning was briefly discussed again on the show in June of last year during a segment entitled “Coping With Hair Loss”

Dr Ranj admits to being a user of Finasteride. The transcription of the most relevant part is here

Dr Ranj: You should be careful if your partner is trying to get pregnant as well and the other thing to bear in mind is always speak to a professional before you take this because whilst it is effective a small percentage of men have significant side effects sometimes those side effects persist after stopping the medication and that could affect your mood, it can have an effect on your mental health and it can even affect your libido and these are really really important

Phillip Schofield: Paul Innes was taking propecia, he came on our show in
2014 and claimed the drug had made him impotent depressed and suicidal

Dr Ranj: Exactly, which it’s when you look at the studies it’s very difficult to differentiate whether it was the actual medication that caused that or whether failure of the medication actually drove the people to feel those feelings but I think we have to take it seriously and you have to do your research before considering something like this.

To the bolded, it’s very disappointing to see him trotting out an argument that Merck has used in court and Finasteride defenders on Hair Loss Talk are also fond of (“you’re just bitter Finasteride didn’t work for you so you want everyone else to go bald, stop blaming this drug for your problems!”). However, at least he said it has to be taken seriously and states that side effects can persist after discontinuation,

2 Likes

I saw this post & thought maybe tigershull cameback to give us an encouraging update

Most Fin users probably don’t even watch This Morning just like they don’t follow the media outlets that have been used in the past to run stories on pfs. It’s like a product you need to aim it at the right target audience to make the sale.