Is TRT only helpfull for those under 400'ish

Both had problems after fin, got their T levels tanked to 180, took trt, did some exercise, took T levels to 800 and recovered. Happy ending of a post finasteride “hypogonadism”.

Me and guys like me, took fin, quit, T levels were perfect, e2 was perfect, decided to do trt, got worse or had no response. A sad miserable life of a post finasteride “syndrome”.

One case is hypogonadism, other case is syndrome.

4 Likes

So do you think if you have normal levels after Fin you have PFS and if you have low levels after PFS you have probably hypogonadism induced by Fin?

1 Like

@smphead correct that’s my view. Some guys think they conquered Pfs but most if not all had hypogonadism and their hormone levels naturally recovered with time.

2 Likes

Any Idea why some people get pfs and others hypogonadism?

1 Like

With TRT you mean?

1 Like

What are ur T levels?

Many have recovered without trt as their levels returned to normal. For me it was repeated exposure. Im sure i would have been in the hypoganidic group had I not took it in and off for so long. A recent paper confirmed my understanding. For others I expect it’s just one of those things. With all drugs some get none, to mild, to severe sides.

2 Likes

Back than at 25 it was 380

1 Like

Then just try trt. U may recover.

4 Likes

I’m also gonna try TRT in the future, wonder what will happen.

1 Like

U already tried proviron right? How did u feel?

My muscle became bigger and I had to pee more, nothing else.

Hate to break the news to you but I spoke to him several years ago. He absolutely had PFS and TRT was no way the only thing he did to reach remission. Last time we spoke, he told me he was on low dose TRT, DHT cream, an AI but was trying to use a natural AI when possible, Prozac low dose for the purported allopreg boost and a highly modified workout, diet and supplement regiment.

He had tried high dose TRT initially years before that which failed miserably. He absolutely felt he had PFS and it took many years to get better - he still wasn’t 100% but had come a very long way. Maybe the low dose TRT protocol enabled his AR to respond better and he still had to use DHT cream along with it.

If he was truly hypogondal, he would’ve had major success w a normal/higher dose TRT protocol he had tried and failed several years prior.

3 Likes

I feel like it’s difficult to accurately assess our testosterone levels. I’ve had it taken at basically every 100 points. Not sure how to word that but like I’ve had my test taken at 188, 250, 475, 500s and 6 months right after developing PAS my test was in the 700s. So I don’t trust the bloodwork on testosterone even though I did hear they made the test more accurate recently.

1 Like

I can agree with that. Hè also do intermittend fasting and bulletproof coffee and hè avoids gluten. On the other hand i think goes in the extreme to be super healthy, like also some other people without any disease do. I mean it’s not nessicary but hè wants the best. Hè is also in Incredible shape for someone in huis 50"s.

Thigerhull only does trt as far as i know

That’s right. Last I heard Tigershull does Nebido shots and now runs marathons. I’m willing to believe he had traditional hypogonodism vs PFS against Towner. Solely because he responded incredibly well to Nebido.

1 Like

If someone has below range T then, by definition, they are hypogonadal :smiley: You can’t say someone who is below range doesn’t have hypogonadism. They are the same thing.

People who are below range and feel better from TRT did not have PFS, they simply had hypgonadism.

But we have to remember there are some who respond to TRT but still have other issues with neurosteroids as well that TRT doesn’t fix.

2 Likes

After so many years of discussions and studies, is there still talk of TRT as a possible cure ?! There is no hope …
I try to repeat this one last time, if your receptors are responding correctly to testosterone, you most likely suffer from secondary hypogonadism triggered by finasteride which IS NOT PFS.

3 Likes

I haven’t ever seen someone who had PFS respond to TRT.

2 Likes