Is hair loss a sign of recovery?

Hi guys,

I’m happy to say that my hair started falling (shedding) out a few weeks ago. A few years ago, I never imagined I would be saying this, but I’m actually looking forward to going bald!!! Fuck Fin. Yay!

Also, my beard is harder to shave, it’s thicker now, and I’m getting body hair on my shoulders and back, and my chest and leg hair grows back faster (I shave). On the otherhand, my libido is mostly dead. If I jerk-off, I go into a crash.

Is hairloss a good sign, or do I still have a battle ahead of me?

If your libido and erection haven’t improved I doubt it means anything. My hair loss has carried on at the same fast pace and my condition is worse than ever. I think it’s the same case for many on here unfortunately.

Sadly no.

In most cases:
Hair loss but no libido = good free T, low progesterone, low cortisol, high estrogen

1 Like

It is above all a clear sign that your 5AR2 isn’t damaged…

I have this too. Have lost more hair since this problem then in the almost 40 years before. In my initial year, I didn’t loose much hair. After that, I began massively and persistently loosing hair. I have also experienced an increase in body hair growth (chest, stomach).

Mine has not began falling out again, at least from what I can tell. Its been over a year off.

Would you say that is “evidence” that my 5AR IS damaged? I thought we had a few guys check this and their 5AR came back normal.

No, it’s not. If you are not losing hair, and assuming that your libido is dead, it probably means that you are in one of the following 2 situations:

1. Most likely: you have low free T
  2. Less likely: your free T is fine, but your progesterone is too high. In some guys on this forum, progesterone doesn’t convert all the way to cortisol but gets backed up.

I’ve definitely had more hairloss but also I have a very patchy beard, eyebrows and the sides and back of my head are diffuse thinning. This could all be thyroid related.

I have body hair loss on my arms and legs but I have hair on my chest which wasn’t there before.

I also have blondish type hairs on the backs of my fingers and hands. Never had this before - I have dark hair.

Hairloss is evidence that 5AR2 IS NOT damaged :wink:

1 Like

What concerns me is that I’m NOT losing any hair to speak of. I really don’t think its even caught back up to pre-Fin shedding.

I lost a lot of hair on my calves at one point but it has grown back. I have looked at other men and a lot lose hair on there legs anyway.

Sorry, I am the one that misread :blush:

I would suppose that you will start loosing hair again at some point. I didn’t loose any hair the first year. It was like I was on some sort of super-fin. In year two, I started loosing more and more hair. At the same time, I also had a clear increase in body hair growth, specially stomach and chest area (never had any hair on chest before). The hairloss “problem” I had before starting this crap was peanuts compared to what I am dealing with now. Except one little mental difference - I don’t care any longer. I just wish I could have had this attitude before. Jeez.

In that respect, maybe yes - hairloss may be a sign of being on the path to recovery. I would say that I am on that path, albeit moving at a painfully slow pace…

Please read the following, saw palmetto used by a femal.
abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/192607/

On the 6th day of my regime my hair started to fall out it was around 21 day of my cycle ,I only took 19 saw palmetto pills and now after almost 5 weeks my hair is still shedding a lot almost 200 hairs a day.
The strange thing is that my body hair and eyebrow is falling too, I have some baby hair on my scalp which are very thin and blonde .also my arm hair has gotten also super fine and blonde
I had a blood test 2 weeks ago and everything is fine including my dhea and testosterone but the doctors are still relating my sudden hairloss to androgen.
Please help me I’m not able to find any information on saw palmetto side effect or anything like my situation.
P.S my cystic acne hasn’t got better it seems that it has only effected my hair.
Thanks

It is not that indicative to be carried out as the start of recovery as there are more things that would probably need more attention in this case; libido and drive.

The hair loss aspect of it appears to vary across individuals. There are those who start to shed hair at the start of it while there are others who just start shedding off some time into it.

So sadly, it is not a sign but at least you get to keep your hair.

When I was on Testosterone, I was losing hair. Starting to get a receding hairline. Awor, this shows my 5AR is not damaged, but dies it also mean that androgen resistance is not likely?

i think we have a battle
i also exp hair falling, and i had a good period, but didn’t last
i still fluctuate

My hair loss was very rapid prior to fin. Post fin it’s basically stopped.

I had PFS for 7 years and all my hairloss stopped but since this latest crash which has been severe my hair has now started falling out. In the 7 years my PFS did not get worse. Since my crash my PFS has worsened with new symptoms occurring each month. Some of the worst cases of PFS report continued hairloss, so I’m wondering if hairloss is a symptom of severe PFS?

The discussion above suggests that hairloss is a sign that 5AR is not damaged. If this is correct then was my 5AR damaged but is no longer damaged as I’m experiencing hairloss.

I would say that as you have now started losing your hair it’s indicative of at least part of your system working as it did before crash.

I’d take it as a positive.

If my hairloss was associated with scalp itch like pre Fin I would agree. If we had data to see if those with the most symptoms continued to have hairloss and those with minor symptoms had little to no hairloss. It maybe that the continued hairloss is a symptom of another issue within the body and has little to do with 5ar. My gut feeling is continued hairloss is a negative but I have nothing factual to support this.
Still appreciate your positivity @Greek I can sit here and type, there’s still a lot to be thankful for.