Iodine -- Huge progress

I would recommend dropping down on your dose of Vitamin D to 10K IU/day. Kidney failure isn’t fun, and 70,000 IU/week is plenty for heading in the right direction.

In the past, I’ve been prescribed 50,000IU twice a week and was somewhat uncomfortable taking the dose. Dropping it down and smoothing it out seems wise.

That’s interesting. I’ve been dreaming EVERY night for the last week since starting on Iodoral almost 3 weeks ago. (Pleasant, lucid, and relaxed ones) Before that, I hadn’t dreamt since December of 2005; That was totally worth the price of admission.

I raised my dose up from 12.5mg/day to 2x25mg/day and while I noticed positive sexual effects at around the same time I started dreaming, I also ran up against the wall that’s been reported on this thread. I already take ~4-6K IU Vitamin D/day and an undisclosed amount of zinc/vitamin C. After re-reading this entire thread and linked documentation, I’m going to reevaluate my supplement sources and dosing.

Good find OP.

Although I hesitate to report anything prematurely, I have to echo the deep sleep/dream experience. In Dr. Brownstein’s book, he mentions that patients often report this. I’m taking 100mg of Iodine daily split into 2 doses with all the required co-factors. Initial reaction to lower doses was a slight head rush/buzz and a little bit of excitability. I also had some lethargy during the ramping up process. Both of these things appear to be fading, but things are day to day, so we’ll see. No sexual improvements thus far.

My lugols came with a separate pipette dropper, but the drops seem a bit small. So can anyone tell me how many actual ml’s of the solution equates to 100ml of iodine please?

Xhorn, can you please go into detail about the low doses, ramping up process, and lethargy?

Thanks for making the detailed post about cofactors and other aspects surrounding iodine supplementation.

is it vit d3 @10,000 ui everyone is taken and selenium with the iodien am i missing anything else?

I’m not sure for the justification for the D3. It is not explicitly advised in any protocol I’ve seen.

Reminder, this is the summary of the protocol, it’s pretty straightforward: breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html

Although I’ve read scores of data supporting vitamin D3 for health and immunity and cancer prevention, etc, and have on/off supplemented myself, I’m always questioning this health trend. If you google enough, you’ll see that some believe that the benefits seen on D3 are short-term, and will lead to long-term unhealth. I’m all for sun, I think it’s absolutely essential to life and health, but exogenous D3 supps are essentially isolates and may be more analogous to suppressive hormone supplementation. For those who are pursuing anti-pathogen measures, the Marshall Plan/Protocol folks believe that D3 suppresses the VDR and the innate immune response. Search the forum for previous discussions of this topic. I’m not necessarily endorsing the MP, but just pointing out that there is another angle. Ultimately, I’m torn. My compromise: sun whenever I can get it + natural food vitamin D with its natural cofactors in quality cod liver oil (not synthetic vitamins added in after processing). Blue Ice is the brand.

vimeo.com/1788640

Regarding my Iodine experimentation: I took all the listed co-supps, including ATP Cofactors & unrefined sea salt in water (Celtic or Himalayan pink) and just dosed by reaction and intuition. Started Iodoral tab (12.5mg), then just started taking more and more. There is no playbook to this, there are the conservative directives from doctors and users to start slow and ramp up very slowly, and there are also many user experiences that suggest dosing up high to fight through the release of toxins. Detox effects can hit at anytime, any dose, it is said. Take the time to read through the curezone accounts. I think my body is becoming sensitized to the higher doses; I can only hope that there will be a payoff down the line, but I understand that this is not an overnight thing. It takes time for different parts of the body to get saturated with Iodine or Iodide-Potassium, and this is likely one part of a multi-factorial illness we suffer. I’m pursuing other measures concurrently – I keep getting steered away from certain things that work by conservative doctors, most of which would never endorse a high iodine intake, only to circle back to going rogue. So I can’t advise anyone, I’m just reporting my early experience. 3 nights in a row of restful sleep and dreams—a very welcome change for me, and I don’t react to most things I take.

I’ve been taking the lugols for awhile now, maybe two weeks about? And I think im finally starting to experience a mild bromide detox. I mean, basically I’ve been feeling kind of shitty lately, and my stomach hasn’t been feeling all that well. I’m going to continue to tough it out though.

-Are lugols and ioderal the same thing?? I’ve been taking lugols but im so sick of the taste of it. I’d much rather just pop a tablet, but I’m concerned about whether or not the ioderal is as strong as lugols solution. What do you guys think?

Iodoral is the tablet form of Lugol’s, so it has some fillers, but it’s also said to be easier on the stomach. Otherwise identical (Iodine and Potassium Iodide, both of which are needed by different parts of the bo dy). I experienced fatigue during the first few days of higher doses of Iodoral. I found that a thyroid formula with certain cofactors has helped: vitanicapro.com/ThyroFem.htm

Upper safe limit of Selenium is reported to me 400mcg. The zinc to copper ratio in the Thyrofem is a solid, conservative, supportive one according to my readings (10:1). So adjust your supplemental intake or factor in your multivitamin amounts when calculating your intake. Personally, I don’t take a multivitamin, I take select a la carte vitamins/mineral per this Iodine protocol and from the Perfect Health Diet book which is based on studies of vitamin efficacy in disease and mortality and toxicology.

I feel like my hair looks thicker, fuller on this Iodine/Selenium regimen. I keep wondering if it’s a perceived effect, but it really does look better. Thyroid help?? I dunno. If I still think so after a month or so, I’ll report back. And yeah, I do care, I want my hair and my cock to be as full as possible.

I am not sure if I had a detox or was just plain sick, but I had a sore throat, cough, and major flem for about 7-10 days that I am just now getting over. I havent been sick like that in years so I wouldnt be surprised if it was a detox. Either way I am still not feeling that the iodone has done much per say, 3-4 weeks in. First 10 days was 50-150mg. Since then just been around 15mg.

Where is youbet, you would think that a reply to the post would be kinda polite even if he feels like shit now. I had great improvements in the beginning but that has tapered off. I will continue but am going to try T3 as well as I think our metabolic rate has gone to shit i.e low body temp mine is always around 35.8-36.2 NOT normal. iodine I believe gives it a kick start but not enough to get things moving again. I am also on a candida cleanse on top of the iodine Nystatin, Lufeneron great improvements but did not last. I think improve metabolic rate and clear out the shit in our system so our bodies have a chance of finding it’s old self.
Youbet update please

Maybe he is so ill from ODing on Iodine? seriously need to be careful here guys!

Also … Fat Japanese people… Sumo wrestlers?

I’m bored today, so I’ll humor this. Obviously sumo wrestlers intentionally eat more. Like, a lot more, dude: intermartialarts.com/article/sumo-wrestler-diet

Point is, PFS part or whole solution or not, traditional Japanese people eating traditional iodine-rich diets appear to enjoy great health and longevity with lower rates of most cancers (although they experience higher stomach cancer rates, which some suspect is the nitrosamines in popular lunch meats). When Japanese move to America, their rates of prostate cancer and other ailments increase. Certainly this may be multi-factorial, but according to the “Iodine Docs” there is mounting evidence of Iodine insufficiency as a root cause of many cancers.

Sorry guys its hard to stay motivated to post when you feel like you are cured.

A few thoughts.

Vitamin D3 is not part of any iodine therapy protocol. Its part of my personal protocol that I follow to cure PFS. I believe it has very synergistic effects with iodine, and if people want to replicate my success they need to think about taking 10 000iu a day. I have read Xhorndog’s opinion on D3 and while his observations are interesting and demand further investigation, I must side with the explosion of evidence poring in on vitamin D3 and its incredible benefits coming in from many disparate areas of research.

Xhorndog, are you not also on 8000iu D3 a day?

iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Vitamin-D3-5-000-IU-360-Softgels/18335

Obvious to me that you were detoxing, this is just the beginning for you, and it signals to me that you were starving for iodine. You should ramp your dose back up and stay the course. Also get on vitamin D3 man!

What dose of iodine are you taking? are you on D3? I had stomach problems for a few days early on followed by an incredible improvement in my digestive system. This shit will pass.

My sleep has also improved immensely, I require less and dream more. Stay the course ma man!

This right here people!!! this all day!! This is how it all starts my friend. Stay the course, this is a gradual process of repairing. These feelings will grow with time, you will swing back and forth it will be annoying but you will get better and better.

Bang on brother! “be consistent and patient”. We are not filling up the tank of iodine in the body people. Rather iodine is causing our bodies to slowly and methodical repair our endocrine system. This is a gradual process and will take months. You will swing back and forth but the trend will be upwards.

Ok all you people seeing pimples sweaty metallic armpit sweat, sore throat in the lymph nodes, and base of neck. I HAD ALL OF THOSE It is normal and it will go away. Guess what, like everyone on this bored you were critically and chronically low on iodine. This is the beginning of your journey. Take your god dam vitamin d3 10 000iu a day.

I have begun working out again, and my muscles are responding incredibly well. They are thick and much harder. Im eating 50% more, yet losing waist size, to me thats a sure sign of my body sensitizing to testosterone and DHT again. The synergistic effect of High dose vitamin D3 is key there.

O ya, Im upping to 300mg a day of lugols iodine! I am not recommending this dosage guys, but i will report back on the effects in a week or two.

Youbet is about 6 weeks in to his iodine therapy treatment.

Mark.

How was your fatigue before you started youbet?

YouBet, can you clarify how long you’ve been on iodine? Also, why did you originally quit finasteride? You crashed (and experienced ALL the aforementioned side effects) 2 weeks AFTER quitting fin? (But none before?) Thanks for clearing things up, awesome to hear you’re doing great…I take it you have no problem fucking now? Or is there still some room for improvement?

An excellent, to-the-point Iodine guide can be downloaded for free here:

Iodine Supplementation Guide
The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine by Stephanie Buist, ND HC
steppingstonesliving.com/resources/iodine/

Includes solid info for those with Hashimoto’s quoted right from Dr. Brownstein’s book.

i must’ve missed your part of the post where you said you weren’t masturbating for weeks at a time and this should be looked at more in depth because many people have reported postive effects with no masturbation.

so youbet, can you go more in depth with your pre masturbation tendencies before idodine and your masturbation now that you are feeling better?

how often do you masturbate now? before you started iodine? how long did you go without masturbation?

are you able to masturbate everyday and still feel horny? if not, how long of a stretch can you go?

anything else on your current sex/masturbation life would be apprecaited.

also still interested in a detailed user story…none has been posted yet.

small update, I was gonna purchase iodoral, but then I discovered how expensive it is. ($50+ for 90 pills, 50 mg iodine each), that comes out to about 4000 mg of iodine per bottle, compare that to the ounce of lugols solution which costs $12 but contains approximately 3000-4000 mg of iodine if im not mistaken.

-Also, I have been experiencing tightening in my throat lately, it was only the other day that I connected it with my usage of lugols.