Iodine -- Huge progress

-Update

For the past few days I have had a bunch of pimple like bumps pop up on my forehead, its not too noticeable though. Additionally, I have noticed there is an iodine like smell that comes from my armpits lol. I guess the treatment is working, although I havent seen any other benefits quite yet. I’m gonna stick with it though.

Hey mate this is one of the first paragraphs from the link Xhorndog just posted… might explain it!

" Too much iodine too soon WILL drive more toxins into your blood than your kidneys can handle!
You could also suffer extreme pimples & severe bloat. Start with less than 1/2mg daily and go slooow."

well I mean, overall I feel pretty decent. The iodine + vitamin D has not done anything dramatic for me, yet. The pimples don’t bother me too much. I’m starting to think that this too will probably be a dead end, but I’m gonna keep doing this until I run out of lugols solution. Actually, I would WELCOME feeling like crap due to the iodine + vitamin D because that would indicate that taking them is having a dramatic effect on my body, but the fact that I am not experiencing any severe side effects makes me wonder if anything is happening at all.

I have been taking lugols iodine for 2 weeks. 5 drops in water in the morning and 5 in the night before bed. Within the first few days i saw improvments and this lasted maybe 5 days. Prostate felt better and tip of penis was sensative. Also when touching penis could feel nice feelings in postate area.

Also had dreams and in the morning felt i had to push penis up against something. It was a good sign. Unfortanly this effect was short lived and now taking the iodine has no impact at all?

Any suggestions for this. On a posattive note it was kind of nice to have a small amount of feeling back. Maybe the numbess isnt permanant

I think that before anyone supplements with Iodine, it would be prudent to:

1) Have a full thyroid lab panel done, including testing for Hashimoto’s antibodies: labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/thyroid-antibodies/tab/test
[Size=4]Note: this doesn’t mean you ought not to use Iodine, contrary to popular opinion; only that you ought to be judicious in co-supplementation and slowly titrating dose[/size]

2) Take the Iodine/Bromide 24 hour urine challenge test to actually establish what your levels are: naturalthyroidchoices.com/LabTests.html

3) Read Dr. Brownstein’s simple, straightforward book “Iodine, Why You need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It”: amazon.com/Iodine-need-cant-live-without/dp/B001URN3UG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338128094&sr=8-1

4) Take the time to familiarize yourself with the complete Iodine protocol including user experiences, detox measures, how to slowly ramp up:

Basic Protocol: breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html [Size=4]Note: some say that Vitamin C blocks Iodine absorption; some alternate days of C/Iodine[/size]
Iodine References Compilation: docs.google.com/document/d/139Xa8u8kgNVT-K17TxYvsM7qsSfusxyvloIXWbU92rg/edit?pli=1#heading=h.j2bu1bhmtyfe
Iodine Remedies, History, Talking Points: jcrows.com/MaryJoFahey_IodineRemediesSecretsFromTheSea.pdf

Curezone Support Forum: curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815
Curezone FAQ: curezone.com/faq/c.asp?a=13,281,2962

5) Round up the key, necessary co-factors (Selenium, Celtic Sea Salt, etc) and consider incorporating/testing tolerance with some (salt pushing, magnesium) before you try the Iodine

6) Ramp up responsibly, test regularly, and understand that it takes time to achieve sufficiency if you’re severely depleted. And that it can be a bumpy road as Iodine displaces and releases other halides (bromide, fluoride) into your blood stream and chelates heavy metals. Again, take detox measures to not overburden your liver and kidneys. Go at your speed. Back off if you’re experiencing too much detox.

7) Be Patient! Can’t say it enough: According to the literature, it takes months to a year for a healthy person to achieve Iodine sufficiency. This is not going to be an instant cure for PFS guys in various deep states of illness who might require longer-term therapeutic doses. Don’t neglect the importance of balanced diet (See Perfect Health Diet book – they also promote 1-50mg of Iodine with Selenium, btw: perfecthealthdiet.com/the-diet/) or quality (purified, non-fluoridated) water, replenishing gut flora, addressing underlying infections (per Dr. Brownstein and Perfect Health Diet and others), etc.

8) Understand your iodine needs. If you take thyroid hormone, it is said that it INCREASES your need for Iodine. Just think about how if fin caused your hypo what this means. Estrogen (fin anyone?) also increases need for Iodine.

For the record, I had a positive experience on one Iodoral tab (12.5mg of Iodine - Iodide Potassium) a day at the end of 2010 – I felt my brain-mouth speech connection, if you will, was improved. I later discontinued Iodoral because a doc had told me that it was a suppressive dose; I now believe that was total bullshit. Another anecdote: I was able to play several days of sports in a row recently and was scratching my head wondering how/why? I felt “so good”. Normally, this would be unheard of for me in my PFS state, I’d be tired for days after one all-out athletic affair. I realized that a recent supplement a doc gave me contained just a measly 150mcg of Iodine and 100mcg of Selenium. A microgram is 1/1000 of a milligram. Iodine therapy calls for typically 12.5 to 50mg, and 100-300mg therapeutically. There is even documentation of 771mg being a therapeutic historical dose. And this was before the age of rampant halide pollution. Just some stuff to think about. Myself, I’m currently researching, testing and exploring Iodine as a part of my overall holistic search and strategy to regain homeostasis. While I think it’s a smart route to explore, I don’t think people should be treating this as a 10 day blind trial.

Whats your diet like? Are you taking selenium? Are you taking the co-factors? Whats your thyroid status?

no just the iodine. started at 4 drops both morning and nite and now 5.

Then no wonder.

Updates guys?

Youbet, how you doing?

Ive been doing the 10,000 IU of vitamin D and 50-100 mg of lugols solution daily. Thus far, I have not had any major benefits from it. However I noticed something really bizarre today. Basically, before I took propecia I noticed that I would get blackheads (?) around my corona. Well, they are not exactly blackheads, but more like plugs. If I press the skin around them they pop out. Anyways, after I took propecia I stopped getting those. Now all the sudden I notice that I have them again, at least 10 of them have popped up. I guess its a good sign but im not sure. Anyways, just throwing that out there.

I got inspired and decided to get some iodine. It had a pretty dramatic effect. I was drinking a glass of wine and when i swallowed I got a strong muscular pain in the base of my throat. I was concerned for sure. Have not experienced anything like that before. When i swallowed my throat hurt a lot. This settled down after a few days. My voice also sounded like it was breaking. It felt as if the lower part of my throat was now working. My voice is still a lot lower. It has been about a week since i took iodine. I couldnt find any other experiences online that reflect mine. All i can think is that my thyroid was not working well and injecting iodine into my system as I did caused a minor freak out as my body made an effort to adapt. Other than the throat drama i felt better than usual for the most part. I feel stimulated when i take iodine, and then a bit later i feel tired. Perhaps it is detox. So i will keep on with this and see where it leads.

OMG, sorry but dont do nothing on them! They are nothing bad! :bulb:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsuties_coronae_glandis

its not that, its something different lol.

guys I really see improvements on this protocol (iodine+selenium+zinc+vitamin D+ magnesium+vitamin C). My improvements are fluctuating but I can see them. I think it will take sometime before something major happens. I think the key is to be consistent and patient.

update youbet?

is it vit d3 at 10,000 ui everyone is taking?

Saw an improvement during first 5 dats but this has now worn off. started adding vit d3 and selenium now

Anon, what improvement did you see during the first 5 days?

penis felt connected to prostate and in the mornings when waking up i felt i had to push it up aginst something. no improvement in libido but general penis just felt healthier and warm. effects soon wore off though.

found this, thought you guys would find this interesting in better absorbing the iodine:

iherb.com/EuroPharma-Terry-Naturally-Iodine-Co-Factors-90-Capsules/23138?at=hil335

I think most of us are (should be) taking those co-factors already anyways.

I stopped the niacin after the first try though. I have taken the niacin many time before iodine and never gotten a flush. I took it one night along with iodine and woke up a few hours later feeling like fire ants were attacking my body. My entire body was majorly tingly and I felt like I was bathing in tingly lotion its was very uncomfortable. It took me a while to realize that it was prolly the iodine-niacin combo.