Iodine -- Huge progress

North Americans are exposed to large amounts of goitrogen which negates a % of iodine in the diet.

Is it your assertion that the Japanese are exposed to more goitrogens then North Americans are? Interesting but Ive never read anything that compared the two.

Well, the Japanese do consume a lot soy…how much does anyone eat? large amout is just what is a commen knowledge.
What mean a%? how much %? All this is useless. Fakt is, People who live near to the see like Japanese eat more Fish. Anyway this is a useless diskussion.
Fakt is:
hyperthyroid ppl can get iodine for suppresion!!! To high doses shut the Thyroid down.
180–200 µg a Day that are 0,2mg a day, you take up to 50mg

Why do put it on your genitals? Sorry, but “Hey Kids, dont try this at home”

read this: curezone.com/faq/q.asp?a=13,281,2962&q=509

watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=Kd34EJ5E3bI

beyond that I have nothing to add.

As far as the genital painting is concerned, its based on completely anecdotal evidence that it increases sensitivity and libido. Frankly that’s good enough for me to give it a shot. If you’d prefer to wait for a double blind placebo study on the merits of testicle painting as it applies to PFS symptoms, well be my guest.

curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1919312&s=1#i1

curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1923642

Hey,

that are just things that some ppl say. no studys.
I dont want to hurt you, but for how long do you want sunburn on you genital skin? This are reactions on the iodine. It irritas the skin, sure if i have a sunburn or anyway my skin is irritated its more sensitiv. But for longer, it will destroy your skin. And the only effect on libido is, that you take more in your body by your skin. other thing is u will destroy your normal skin flora.
Pleae trust me, go and read to high iodine doses will shut down the thyroid. The idea with iodine is very good, but not to much.

“that are just things that some ppl say.”

Ok Brainbug how much should I take?

Forget what the top leading iodine Clinicians have been prescribing to over 4000 patients with great well documented success which I have linked you too, and to which you reply “that are just things that some ppl say.”

Should I just take the RDA of 150mcg witch was established at the turn of the century to stave off goitre?

lol…

on another note, has anyone else taken iodine that can report on its effects?

i can understand martin’s concern… martin, didn’t you take iodine and experienced some kind of crash also? i remember i posted about iodine in a thread a few weeks asking you if it was a possible bromide detox, but it was an old thread i believe…

This is an interesting question. According to the site thyroid.com:

The question is how much soy is being consumed unknowingly by the average American? My guess is that the average Japanese still consumes more than the average American. I don’t disagree that iodine plays an important role in the body and we should supplement if deficient. My concern with this path is overdoing and over-hyping it in the early stages…exactly like hematherapy, Greek prostatitis treatments, etc.

thyroid.about.com/od/newscontroversies/a/toomuchiodine.htm

I’m not sure what medical benefit your internal tissues are getting from painting your genetalia with iodine, however I am sure that if it’s painful to the degree you explain you are causing damage to your body in some form. At minimum you are spiking your endorphins to deal with the pain, a spike that can over-sensitize and shut down neuroreceptors in your body leaving you number than when you started. There is some evidence that taking propecia led to excessive and extended periods of dopamine response which could have (i.e. probably did) shut down receptors:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6292&p=53048&hilit

You would get the same type of response if iodine causes a pain when you apply it to your genetalia - after your current honeymoon period in which the receptors have not shut down.

How many treatments can start with honeymoon periods and then leave the person no better - or worse - off than when they started (i.e. testosterone replacement, T3 replacement, DHT replacement, etc)? My suggestion is to try supplementing moderately with iodine for a while to see how it goes then after a few months, if you still feel it’s worth the risk and want to proceed down this path (which I am not advising), try loading in a manner that doesn’t burn your genetalia.

thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm

thyroid.about.com/od/newscontroversies/a/toomuchiodine_2.htm

Finally, here’s a previous thread on iodine supplementation:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2183&hilit=soy

1 Like

Ok, Glad you brought this up. This right here is probably the number one reason why doctors who are not experienced iodine clinicians believe that iodine causes hypothyroidism, which has had catastrophic consequences to our health.

Basically what happens after iodine supplementation begins is TSH levels tend to spike anywhere from 5 all the way up to 20 and higher, this is expected, normal and temporary for a period of 6 to 12 months. Your body is now producing Sodium-iodide symporter (NIS). The NIS is the bodies main mechanism for transporting iodine into all the cells in the body. Well guess how your body creates new NIS, it spikes TSH that’s how! To make matters worse, patience will come in with a severe case of bromide toxicity while detoxing witch can cause anxiety and palpitations, then the doctor takes a TSH reading and says "dear god you’ve gone full hypo, you never go full hypo!!

Here is Dr Brownstiens response to the exact study you posted! newsmaxhealth.com/headline_health/iodine_study_misinterpret/2012/01/27/430557.html

Here he goes into more extensive detail on the relationship between TSH and iodine, fast forward to slide 16 to hear about TSH, but the whole thing is very informative.
nutri-linkltd.co.uk/articulate/brownstein/part4/player.html

And here is yet another iodine clinician, David Derry, M.D., Ph.D, Talking about how useless TSH testing is. thyroid-info.com/articles/david-derry.htm

UPDATE, I have completely overcome the bromide toxicity at this point (salt salt salt), Im now cruising along at 100mg/day orally. I do not requires extra salt intake at this point at all. I will be taking between 50 and 100mg/day for the next 3 months until i’m satisfied that I am 100% replete in iodine. At this point I will probably dose done to about 15mg a day for life, But I may continue at 50mg not sure yet.

-I have about the level of energy i had when i was 14 years old.
-brainfog gone.
-motivation is off the charts, I have never been this motivated in my entire life.
-libido continues to steadily improve, laying off the masturbation for just 2 days leaves me about as horny as I have ever been.
-My adrenal are improving by the day (they crash when you become bromide toxic) as you clear the toxicity they bounce back and now I can handle twice the level of stress that I could before Iodine.
-my balls are bigger
-my shaft is gaining thickness (this i just noticed yesterday)

Its clear to me that excess iodine is excreted in the urine. The crappy feelings people exhibit on iodine are attributed to iodine bumping up against toxins at the beginning, and is indicative of how starving your body was for iodine.

If I had to guess I would say that ALL the people on this forum are in a state of udder iodine starvation. Martin, I have read your experience and you describe such an incredible array of improvement on iodine that i cant believe you didn’t pursue it further. Its clear to me that you came up against the wall of detox symptoms and backed off. I dosed right through it and followed a heavy salt protocol and came out the other side. I have experienced all the same benefits you described, I experienced the crash you described, I came out the other side and those benefits are continuing to increase. I have no doubt it would be the same for you.

If you are still unsure about all I have posted you owe it to yourself to get this book amazon.com/Iodine-need-cant-live-without/dp/B001URN3UG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336128036&sr=1-1

I took this poison for 7 years!! I have experimented with so many supplements in so many doses its ridiculous. My bathroom and kitchen are a graveyard of empty supplement bottles.I am still in a state of shock about the way I feel and what iodine seems to be doing for me.

About heart palpitations:

I begun to have heart extrasystoles (irregular heartbeat 2 - 3 times a day) when I begun taking finasteride (heart exams says all is fine).
I quitted 5 years later, but extrasystoles remained and now I’m 7 years off the drug, but nothing has changed apart a cronic prostatitis gained 2 months after quitting and never got rid of.

I’m very skinny and I can’t put on weight (also before fin) and I have low blood pressure. I guess thyroid is highly involved in this mess, but I fear that iodine can worse my heart extrasistoles. I am also confused because I can’t understand if I’m ipo or hyperthyroidic.
What do you think?

I want to stress that I am not a doctor, I just play one on the internet. That being said, have you tried high doses of magnesium. I have read countless accounts of magnesium clearing up arrhythmias.

Thanks for the info.
I’ve stayed on high magnesium dose for about 2 months, but I’m here same as before :frowning:

Dude!! check this out: June from Cincinnati, Oh Usa: “I have a cardiac arrithymia since childhood. I am 54 now. I have researched and researched and researched after going to alot of cardiologists and trying mainstream remedies. I have tried magnesium, B vitamins, salt, potassium,etc. They all helped but did not cure my palpitations. My heart used to skip, and beat incredibly fast. I stopped going to the emergency room because they immediately wanted to do surgery, etc. The whole thing was terrifying. I cured this condition with one drop of REAL elemental iodine in my orange juice in the morning. Sea kelp and drugstore iodine did not work. Dr. Brownstein has written a book about it. You can tell if you are deficient by putting any iodine on the inside of your arm and watching to see if it lasts 24 hours. All my thyroid tests were normal. Every person I have told (who has arrithymia) has had a similiar experience!!! One itsy bitsy drop of elemental iodine changed my life COMPLETELY. (I also paint my arm with it sometimes.)”

thats from here earthclinic.com/CURES/arrhythmia.html

Type iodine on that page, it appears 41 times!

The more and more I look into this the more it seems that iodine is what we are all needing.

I was getting palps when i was on t3 and not taking enouh hydrocortisone…something to keep in mind.

Youbet…post up ur story explaining ur case and symptoms. :slight_smile:

i just picked up the only iodine i could find at my local health shop:

amazon.com/Progressive-Labs-Organo-Iodine-Health/dp/B003IGI60O

is this somehow inferior to lugols? the recommended dose is 2 drops, which equals 150 mcg, which is only .15 mg… so i should be taking way more than this recommended dose?

well if that’s true then it would be 666 drops = 50mg, which makes that stuff a MAJOR rip off.

Where can you get Lugol’s in Canada? Some places sell Iodoral here but the Lugol’s I haven’t seen.

Do you have a PayPal account? I’m sure most eBay sellers would have no problem shipping to Canada

updates… how have you guys been doing, moonman have you noticed any progress ?

I’m curious, do you guys know if the Iodine is working because it provides Iodine for thyroid, detoxes bromine, or kills of candida? Or combo of all three?

Are you kidding? These guys dont know why the iodine is working.