Intolerance to apples, figs, eggs

Ok I have a new finding. Ever since all of these symptoms started I developed some kind of intolerance to apples (mainly the skin of the apples) It makes me nauseous. This was not the case before. I also just ate dried figs, and it made me nauseous too.

I used to eat eggs everyday with no problem. However about 2 months before this hell started I developed a huge reaction to eggs. I tried eating them 2-3 times in different locations and I broke out in hives every single time. I stopped eating them for a few months, and everything has resolved it self. Anyways, I read that being sick after eating apples is a sign of fructose intolerance,

ā€œFructose malabsorption, formerly called dietary fructose intolerance, occurs when cells on the surface of the intestines arenā€™t able to break down fructose efficiently.ā€

it can also cause other problems such as iron malapsorption.

Important! Include a question for people to answer. :wink:

1 Like

well the question is how do you guys feel after eating apples? Specifically the ā€œskinā€. How about any other food intolerances you may have developedā€¦ I see it has a link with ā€œhistamineā€

I have read somewhere on this site some people think our issue is with histamine soā€¦

I havenā€™t noticed any problem with any of the foods youā€™ve listed. I eat eggs 3/4 times a week. Apples at least once a week but I donā€™t eat figs very often. Iā€™ve been avoiding all 5ar foods but aside from my recent experience with mushrooms (May or may not have been coincidental) I havenā€™t had any reactions that Iā€™m aware of.

I dont remember ever having a problem with apples before (specifically and only the skin) I mentioned in my some of my original posts, that about 2 months before my crash I got a severe reaction after eating eggs.

Eggs made me sick after PFS, when it started for me a dozen years ago. Interestingly, after my appendix ruptured last year, and I was on heavy antibiotics, they no longer made me sick, and neither has milk, which I couldnā€™t tolerate either. Iā€™m sure this is due to the gut bacteria change because of the antibiotics.

Whether or not food intolerance is due to a gut bacteria change because of finasteride, or if itā€™s a secondary side effect, I donā€™t know, but it does seem to play some part. The threads about no carbs and the potato cure seem to lend a little bit of credibility to this theory. With that said, Iā€™m going to buy a bag of potatoes, and eat them (boiled) over the next week and see what happens.

1 Like