Intolerance to apples, figs, eggs

Ok I have a new finding. Ever since all of these symptoms started I developed some kind of intolerance to apples (mainly the skin of the apples) It makes me nauseous. This was not the case before. I also just ate dried figs, and it made me nauseous too.

I used to eat eggs everyday with no problem. However about 2 months before this hell started I developed a huge reaction to eggs. I tried eating them 2-3 times in different locations and I broke out in hives every single time. I stopped eating them for a few months, and everything has resolved it self. Anyways, I read that being sick after eating apples is a sign of fructose intolerance,

“Fructose malabsorption, formerly called dietary fructose intolerance, occurs when cells on the surface of the intestines aren’t able to break down fructose efficiently.”

it can also cause other problems such as iron malapsorption.

Important! Include a question for people to answer. :wink:

1 Like

well the question is how do you guys feel after eating apples? Specifically the “skin”. How about any other food intolerances you may have developed… I see it has a link with “histamine”

I have read somewhere on this site some people think our issue is with histamine so…

I haven’t noticed any problem with any of the foods you’ve listed. I eat eggs 3/4 times a week. Apples at least once a week but I don’t eat figs very often. I’ve been avoiding all 5ar foods but aside from my recent experience with mushrooms (May or may not have been coincidental) I haven’t had any reactions that I’m aware of.

I dont remember ever having a problem with apples before (specifically and only the skin) I mentioned in my some of my original posts, that about 2 months before my crash I got a severe reaction after eating eggs.

Eggs made me sick after PFS, when it started for me a dozen years ago. Interestingly, after my appendix ruptured last year, and I was on heavy antibiotics, they no longer made me sick, and neither has milk, which I couldn’t tolerate either. I’m sure this is due to the gut bacteria change because of the antibiotics.

Whether or not food intolerance is due to a gut bacteria change because of finasteride, or if it’s a secondary side effect, I don’t know, but it does seem to play some part. The threads about no carbs and the potato cure seem to lend a little bit of credibility to this theory. With that said, I’m going to buy a bag of potatoes, and eat them (boiled) over the next week and see what happens.

1 Like